Official Pokemon Discussion Thread! - Page 101 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1001 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Free from SCOTT STEINER
 
Curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Because of 7 year old me's genius my silver team consisted of 3 Typholsions, Pidgey, Persian and Lugia.


Curry is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1002 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

playing through Emerald right now so I can get some GEN 3 guys to transfer to my Platinum.

rough going back to the old ones now. Mudkip aint so shabby. slakoth is a bitch though.

Join the Greatest Group on WF: Cesaro World Order




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #1003 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Gunner14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

I just wish instead of making another generation they'd make an updated game for the originals. Or better yet a massive online world where you can register pick your starter (which determines your starting region) i know im getting older now but i cant imagine pokemon being as big a success as it was if it started with Fennekin Froakie and Chespin rather than Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.

Wrestlemania 30 was awesome

3 Axxess events
Hogan VIP
Flair VIP
Wrestlecon session 1
Hall Of Fame Section 113 Row 11 Seat 1
Wrestlemania Section 140 Row 20 Seat 14.
Monday Night Raw Section 123 Row 16 seat 6
Gunner14 is offline  
post #1004 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM
EATS WHILE HUNGER
 
SPAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Tone's Land
Posts: 10,310
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
I just wish instead of making another generation they'd make an updated game for the originals. Or better yet a massive online world where you can register pick your starter (which determines your starting region) i know im getting older now but i cant imagine pokemon being as big a success as it was if it started with Fennekin Froakie and Chespin rather than Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.
They did remake RBY(G), in 2004. They're not going to re-remake it.

A big online MMO-ish world would be cool but it wouldn't work, it would have to be a spin off, like a Pokemon Ranger or a Pokemon Stadium, or even a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
playing through Emerald right now so I can get some GEN 3 guys to transfer to my Platinum.

rough going back to the old ones now. Mudkip aint so shabby. slakoth is a bitch though.
Dude mudkip's gay.
Treecko and Torchic's where it's at.
Note I'm not even going to capitalise mudkip because I don't think it should be given the proper, proper noun attention.

Last edited by SPAZ; 03-09-2013 at 12:49 PM.
SPAZ is offline  
post #1005 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

I could.

Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur get looked back on in a better light from most as they were the first Pokemon that most saw in the games.. You could have had Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin back then and you'd get the exact same reaction. It wasn't the names or designs that dragged us in, it was the originality behind them all.

And they already have an updated game for the originals.. Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oximus-Prime
Dude mudkip's gay.


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina

Last edited by Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles; 03-09-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #1006 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
#FunFact™
 
Aidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 7,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

They need a 3DS upgrade with Triple Battles and all the new upgrades for Red and Blue. Super FireRed 3DS and Super WaterBlue 3DS.

lolBears Lucks - Bulls - Braves - Blackhawks - Bulldogs


"If you can't handle me at my Worstbrook, you don't deserve me at my Bestbrook."
Aidan is offline  
post #1007 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM
EATS WHILE HUNGER
 
SPAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Tone's Land
Posts: 10,310
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aid180 View Post
They need a 3DS upgrade with Triple Battles and all the new upgrades for Red and Blue. Super FireRed 3DS and Super WaterBlue 3DS.
"Flaming Testosterone" FireRed and "Cooled Estrogen" WaterBlue
SPAZ is offline  
post #1008 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Gunner14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiko View Post
I could.

Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur get looked back on in a better light from most as they were the first Pokemon that most saw in the games.. You could have had Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin back then and you'd get the exact same reaction. It wasn't the names or designs that dragged us in, it was the originality behind them all.

And they already have an updated game for the originals.. Fire Red and Leaf Green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxitron View Post
They did remake RBY(G), in 2004. They're not going to re-remake it.

A big online MMO-ish world would be cool but it wouldn't work, it would have to be a spin off, like a Pokemon Ranger or a Pokemon Stadium, or even a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.
Both games were still tiny in comparison to new games. They dont have to remake Red Blue etc... they can make a new region which just happens to have old pokemon in it rather than new ones that make you facepalm.

How would an online world not work? exacly the same as Project Entropia. you pick your world you do whatever the hell you want while your on it

Wrestlemania 30 was awesome

3 Axxess events
Hogan VIP
Flair VIP
Wrestlecon session 1
Hall Of Fame Section 113 Row 11 Seat 1
Wrestlemania Section 140 Row 20 Seat 14.
Monday Night Raw Section 123 Row 16 seat 6
Gunner14 is offline  
post #1009 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Both games were still tiny in comparison to new games. They dont have to remake Red Blue etc... they can make a new region which just happens to have old pokemon in it rather than new ones that make you facepalm.

How would an online world not work? exacly the same as Project Entropia. you pick your world you do whatever the hell you want while your on it
FR/LG were fairly big in comparison to the originals. (Sevii Islands and such.) They have had old Pokemon in the newer games quite often. There are normally 40-50 old Pokemon in the newer games and even more after you beat the Elite 4 & Champion. Just gotta hunt for 'dem critters.

I think online could work, but servers may be a problem.. (Or not.. I'm not too bright when it comes to this kinda thing..)


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #1010 of 7120 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
#FunFact™
 
Aidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 7,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

So Nintendo is starting to catch up in the DLC game (not sure if I should be horrified or not) with Mario, Fire Emblem, and others. Do you think we will see Pokemon X and Y DLC? I think so. Those special items like boat tickets that let you get Darkrai could become DLC. Maybe even a DLC island like the Sevii Islands in FR LG that let you catch older generations of pokemon that normally need to be migrated.

lolBears Lucks - Bulls - Braves - Blackhawks - Bulldogs


"If you can't handle me at my Worstbrook, you don't deserve me at my Bestbrook."
Aidan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome