Halo 4-A rage thread - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
SP103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,341
SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103 SP103
Default Halo 4-A rage thread

Sorry is is out of bounds for the forums however with the release of Halo 4 upcoming I'm going to spew some serious anger against the Halo Franchise. A lot of this has to do Bungie (Makers of Halo, Halo 2-3 and Reach). All of this has to do with multiplayer-not the campaign.

Yes I realize Halo 4 is not made by Bungie-Basically because Bungie told Microsoft (The owners of all things Halo) they wanted to be independent thus 343 studios has been recruited by Microsoft to create the next series of Halo for them.

Can 343 do better than Bungie? Well, I suspect not. They are sucking from the tit of Microsoft. So they'll be just as worse, if not EVEN worse than Bungie was.

My biggest beef has been, and always will playlists. In Halo 3 you had to PAY to certain playlists. What pissed me off the most is Bungie would blame Microsoft for the pricing of the map packs, YET THEY controlled all aspects of playlists. I was enraged in Halo 3 I was told I had to upgrade to play Team Swat.

Cheating:
In Halo 2 "Superjumping" was a huge issue. Bungie stated "It's not cheating". Well assholes, when someone knows a secret and it's not commonly shared, its cheating.
In Halo 3, using an Elite in Team Swat wasn't considering "cheating" either by Bungie, however it was impossible to shoot an elite in the head when your opponent was turned away from you. Bungie claimed, and claimed it wasn't an issue-yet in Halo Reach they eliminated Elites in Team Swat and only made spartans available in the game.

Map Prices:
$10 dollars for 3 maps is the "standard" now. In Halo 2 3 maps used to cost $5 (fuck MS points btw-its just a way to say to mommy and daddy "it's only 10K points").
$3.33 per map is bullshit. It's a map.

Deployment:
When Halo Reach deployed the multiplayer ONLY had Slayer. ONLY. Fans like me were enraged. Seriously? I bought this for Swat, Sniper etc. Shit that was established since Halo 2. Don't pull this garbage. Give us the basics. At least at this point the douch who was in charge of Halo Multiplayer (shakista) was fired by Bungie and replaced by somone who got it.
In conclusion-343 can either suck up to MS or actually provide fans what we want. After 5 sequels , we deserve the basics.. for free.
__________________
TNA is a dumpster fire.

Last edited by SP103 : 10-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.
SP103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,897
Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin Dice Darwin
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

You're still going to buy Halo 4 regardless, aren't you?
Dice Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JohnTheRevelator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 892
JohnTheRevelator JohnTheRevelator JohnTheRevelator JohnTheRevelator JohnTheRevelator JohnTheRevelator
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Halo series is a big pile of steaming horseshit.
JohnTheRevelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
copy of a copy of a
 
Tarfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,758
Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu Tarfu
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTheRevelator View Post
Halo series is a big pile of steaming horseshit.
And never has horseshit tasted so sweet and glorious.

OP, you don't have a case. Shut up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdude View Post
smarks like to suckle from the diseased milk of Ric Flair's sagging tits
Tarfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,671
Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader Freeloader
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Have it preordered, will play and likely enjoy it.

Never been huge into Halo multi though. Maybe 4 will change that, but always preferred Battlefield or Gears even.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,349
Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

OP you are fairly wrong on several accounts.

1. In Halo 3 MS were responsible for pricing the DLCs, I would think this is pretty obvious because they are priced in MS points. Bungie have wanted these DLCs to be free now since Reach came out, but MS refused. The reason some playlists were made DLC required was because the people who played the maps had to be given the chance to play them, unless it wasn't worth their money.

2. If super jumping and glitchy button combination bothered you so much then why didn't you figure out how to do it? My best bet is you couldn't which makes them better than you.

3. The elite model in Halo 3 had the same hitboxes with the spartans, I agree this was a problem because the elites head was not actually where it appeared to be on the screen if you get me, you could still headshot them from behind though. Plus it wasn't considered cheating because you could easily just play as an elite yourself. This wasn't removed because it would have commanded a pretty large scale Title update, MS aren't fond of those because they cost money.

4. When Reach deployed there was certainly more than slayer, there were several other objective gametypes and I'm not sure how you missed them I can just say you are wrong.

5. Shishka wasn't fired, he left and now he works at 343, enjoy him being your playlist overlord during Halo 4. You also spelled his name wrong.

6. Yes 343 will do absolutely everything MS say because guess what? They have to.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free from SCOTT STEINER
 
Curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,804
Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP103 View Post
In Halo 3, using an Elite in Team Swat wasn't considering "cheating" either by Bungie, however it was impossible to shoot an elite in the head when your opponent was turned away from you. Bungie claimed, and claimed it wasn't an issue-yet in Halo Reach they eliminated Elites in Team Swat and only made spartans available in the game.
Playing as an elite in SWAT gave you a huge disadvantage. Once you got past lvl 30 or so you barely saw any elites.
__________________
Curry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,349
Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101 Karma101
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Curry I View Post
Playing as an elite in SWAT gave you a huge disadvantage. Once you got past lvl 30 or so you barely saw any elites.
That's not true at all.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
GetStokedOnIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,755
GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt GetStokedOnIt
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP103 View Post

Map Prices:
$10 dollars for 3 maps is the "standard" now. In Halo 2 3 maps used to cost $5 (fuck MS points btw-its just a way to say to mommy and daddy "it's only 10K points").
$3.33 per map is bullshit. It's a map.
What the fuck? That's about 2, and I buy sandwiches from shops that are over 2. I don't get 50+ uses out of a sandwich like I do out of a map for a video game, and the sandwich sure as hell didn't have the same time and effort that game developers put into making map packs. Regardless of whether or not the devs want the maps to be free, I don't think it's a massive issue that you're charged for them. Complaining about stuff like this is a total non-issue.

Same with playlists. It makes 100% sense that Bungie (or anybody for that matter) would integrate the new maps into the playlists, yes, even if they cost money. For a start, it'll make them money which is obvious and that people that have actually bought the maps can use them on the playlists. I'm totally fine with that.
__________________
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral


Twitter: @DynamiteShovel
GetStokedOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free from SCOTT STEINER
 
Curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,804
Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry Curry
Default Re: Halo 4-A rage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
That's not true at all.
Yeah, I ballsed that up, been a long time since I played.
__________________
Curry is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios