Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

-   Video Games (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/video-games/)
-   -   New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/video-games/636484-new-ps3-models-confirmed-along-prices-territories.html)

Deathstroke Wilson 09-19-2012 08:57 AM

New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Sleeker and slimmer, the new PS3 comes in "charcoal black," but Japan gets the super-special "classic white" option. Sony says that the internal volume and weight of the new PS3 is less than half of the original system. It's 20 percent and 25 percent less volume/weight compared to the current PS3 Slim.

Different regions will see different versions of the systems along with different prices.

North America

250GB - $269 (Uncharted 3/Dust 514 Bundle) - September 25th
500GB - $299 - October 30th

Europe and PAL Territories

Flash Memory 12GB - 229 Euros, AUD $299.95, NZD $399.95 - October 12th (September 27th AU, October 18th NZ)
500GB - 299 Euros, AUD $399.95, NZD $519.95 - September 28th (September 27th ANZ)

Japan

250GB - 24,900 Yen - October 4th
500GB - 29,800 Yen - October 4th

What's that Uncharted 3/Dust 514 bundle all about? Well, you get Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and a voucher for more than $30 worth of bonus content for Dust 514.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...0w-610x270.jpg

cesaro_ROCKS 09-19-2012 09:05 AM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
isn't that more than a wii u? Is Sony fucking retarded? Ins't there are a PS3 Slim anyways?

Deathstroke Wilson 09-19-2012 10:24 AM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 12036506)
isn't that more than a wii u? Is Sony fucking retarded? Ins't there are a PS3 Slim anyways?

It's like 20-25% slimmer than it, I recall them doing that with PS2 as well. I like how they screwed everyone but the US on the price :lmao.

Turbo120 09-19-2012 10:58 AM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
I'm suprised sony are even bothering with making a new model ps3, Isn't the ps4 (or whatever there calling it) due to come out sometime withing the next two years?

Deathstroke Wilson 09-19-2012 11:04 AM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo120 (Post 12036783)
I'm suprised sony are even bothering with making a new model ps3, Isn't the ps4 (or whatever there calling it) due to come out sometime withing the next two years?

Supposedly 2013 if the Xbox 3 doesn't get announced for next year. And again, I don't know why people are so shocked, they revealed the slim PS2 a few months before announcing the PS3 so.....

sharkboy22 09-19-2012 11:40 AM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
PS4 may really be right around the corner. I remember not too long before the PS3 came out they re-did the PS2 slim as well.

But holy shit this thing is sexy as fuck! And 500 whopping gigs for just $299? Again, I feel robbed. I bought my 40GB back in '08 for $500. I would like to get this new PS3 but I don't want to have to sell my original. It's just a classic. I can't get rid of it.

Deathstroke Wilson 09-19-2012 12:01 PM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkboy22 (Post 12036904)
PS4 may really be right around the corner. I remember not too long before the PS3 came out they re-did the PS2 slim as well.

But holy shit this thing is sexy as fuck! And 500 whopping gigs for just $299? Again, I feel robbed. I bought my 40GB back in '08 for $500. I would like to get this new PS3 but I don't want to have to sell my original. It's just a classic. I can't get rid of it.

Don't even contemplate it if you're not ready to give up PS2 playback. I still hate I was late to the 'PS3 compatible with PS2 games' party. I'm expecting at least a $50 price drop for the 320 gig models of the slim.

sharkboy22 09-19-2012 12:07 PM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic (Post 12036963)
Don't even contemplate it if you're not ready to give up PS2 playback. I still hate I was late to the 'PS3 compatible with PS2 games' party. I'm expecting at least a $50 price drop for the 320 gig models of the slim.

Actually the 40GB could only play PS1 games. I fucked up like 8 of my PS2 games (including Sly 3 dammit) trying to play them on the PS3. Stupid me, it was just ignorance really. I knew it didn't support PS2 BC but I just had to doubt them. I had to give it a try. I don't know if it's the Blu Ray laser but it left this big ring around the underneath of the CD.

Deathstroke Wilson 09-19-2012 12:12 PM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkboy22 (Post 12036985)
Actually the 40GB could only play PS1 games. I fucked up like 8 of my PS2 games (including Sly 3 dammit) trying to play them on the PS3. Stupid me, it was just ignorance really. I knew it didn't support PS2 BC but I just had to doubt them. I had to give it a try. I don't know if it's the Blu Ray laser but it left this big ring around the underneath of the CD.

:lmao Oh that's right on 20gb and 60gb could play PS2 and PS1 games.

cesaro_ROCKS 09-19-2012 01:17 PM

Re: New PS3 Models Confirmed Along With Prices For Territories
 
I would just think a smart idea would be to sell more PS3s would be to make it less than a Wii U; especially right when the Wii U is coming out. This 'price drop' isn't much of a drop; so since price is often a deciding factor, a lot more people will buy a Wii U now. So Nintendo owes Sony for shitty marketing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome