so wait, you complain about the state of the market, but you contribute to the problem? okay.
The state of the market was long gone
1. chinese sites that sold 6k microsoft points for 30 dollars or 4k for 20 dollars
2. 59th minute being destroyed after fifa 10
3. the community growing, which leads to more packs being opened, which leads to less rare cards, which leads to card prices going down
4. team of the year, market crash every single time. quicksales, panic sales, most packs being opened throughout the entire year. Then as soon as it starts to slightly recover, Team of the Season and it's done after that.
5. bid bumping (been around for awhile but only became noticed in fifa 12 im pretty sure)
6. Whenever a major youtuber makes a video for a player, their price skyrockets. Prime example: KSI. Lesser example AA9Skillz
The nail in the coffin was when people were bidding 90k on Muamba because they thought EA would take him out of the game after he almost fucking died and they'd have a rare card. Price fixing is, to be honest, a non-issue. It'll always be around unless EA puts in a restriction to how many of the same card you can have in your trade pile, which I wouldn't have a problem with at all. Until then..
If you really want to focus on stopping price fixing, get your card that you desire on Sunday during TOTW, or keep buying teams and sell them overnight. I usually made a profit.
Edit: I think we should make an Ultimate Team thread on it's own, we can see what cards everyone has up for sale, see if we want to make trades, have a game, etc. Think the majority of people who play Fifa on here also play UT so I think the thread could last.