Re: FIFA 13 and Ultimate Team Discussion
In terms of attacking, I really like to play a possession based game, so I often have teams with a lot of good passers in. It's a fun way to play, and I'd say 70% of the time it's successful. But the other 30% can be bad if my opponent is skilled at counter attacking and if I'm not defending well. I often have the ball for a while around the edge of my opponent's box, so I either wait for them to rush out of defence and leaves gaps in the back, or create space for a shot. I'm not much of a crosser.
In terms of defending, I usually press their defence hard with my forwards, but once they get the ball into midfield I back off and cut off all their passing lanes. You'd be amazed how many people are so one-dimensional. If I simply put one of my players in front of one of theirs who they want to pass to, they'll look stuck and often still try to force that pass in there, which I can obviously cut off easily. I usually play 4-2-3-1 so that means the middle of the field can often be pretty stacked and that forces my opponent wide, where they aren't nearly as dangerous.