Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread - Page 433 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4321 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Few adventures require staying home
 
ADR LaVey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AC, California
Posts: 7,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiko View Post
Okay, my controller has arrived, but I am just charging up my Batteries now.. (Fuckin' consoles..) I've had a bit more of a thought about my character and I've planned out most of then things that I will be doing.

I'm going to be a Bosmer from Valenwood who was exiled by his people for breaking the Green Pact, so he was travelling through Cyrodiil when he was captured by the Legion along with Ulfric Stormcloak.

I've got a rough idea for a backstory and I've got a few plans as to what to do when I am done with Helgen, but I'm going to wing the majority of it. I'll probably play as someone who dislikes the Legion but doesn't trust the Stormcloaks.

Rules:

Eating / drinking 3 times a day
0% HUD
No Quick Travelling
No level up 'exploits'.
I can only use Ingots that I mine, Ingredients that I pick or grow myself and Pelts that I have killed an animal for. (Hit-Girl's Idea)
Limit myself to only being able to carry a third of what my actual carry weight is.
I can carry a maximum of 80 arrows and 50 lockpicks.
I'll live in Camps and Forts until I have enough money to buy or build my own house.
I have to play like my character would. (Based on Backstory / Motivation)
LEGENDARY!

This is going to be hard as all hell, but it's going to be so much fun
I tried playing without fast traveling, but it was to hard since I couldn't map out a direct path to where I wanted to go due to the lack of roads on the in game map.

Sig - Me
ADR LaVey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4322 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR LaVey View Post
I tried playing without fast traveling, but it was to hard since I couldn't map out a direct path to where I wanted to go due to the lack of roads on the in game map.
That's a bit of a problem when it's getting dark, but I manage to cope.. Until a fucking Sabre Cat comes out and tears my damn face off!


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #4323 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Proud #NewBlack
 
Cosby's Spiked Xmas Eggnog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 18,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

You'll probably run into a ton of events that would be missed if you fast traveled. I'm starting to get tired of seeing an Arch Pyromancer and Arch Cryomancer whenever i'm in Solstheim. Still, i have't fought a mage who could break through my Greater Ward yet, with the gear i have i can have it up for an unlimited amount of time.

Can't wait to get Stahlrim so i can create some awesome Sub Zero armor and weapons. I wonder how much Frost damage i'd be able to do since Frost enchantments are so much more powerful on Stahlrim.


Sig by ChampviaDQ aka Da Graphics GAWD
Cosby's Spiked Xmas Eggnog is offline  
post #4324 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupBro View Post
You'll probably run into a ton of events that would be missed if you fast traveled. I'm starting to get tired of seeing an Arch Pyromancer and Arch Cryomancer whenever i'm in Solstheim. Still, i have't fought a mage who could break through my Greater Ward yet, with the gear i have i can have it up for an unlimited amount of time.

Can't wait to get Stahlrim so i can create some awesome Sub Zero armor and weapons. I wonder how much Frost damage i'd be able to do since Frost enchantments are so much more powerful on Stahlrim.
You also get less random Dragon / Vampire attacks if you travel on foot.


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #4325 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Proud #NewBlack
 
Cosby's Spiked Xmas Eggnog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 18,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

I don't get any vampire attacks. I think it could be because i sided with them though, i get Thalmor and Dawnguard enemies now and then. The Dragon attacks are the worse though, fast traveling to Dawnstar is almost a deathwish because i seem to always have 2 Dragons attack.

Thinking more about your run, its gonna be hella tough when it comes to storage right? Since you can't fast travel you'll have to actually walk to your house or wherever you're staying at if you wanna store something.


Sig by ChampviaDQ aka Da Graphics GAWD
Cosby's Spiked Xmas Eggnog is offline  
post #4326 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Yeah, the carry weight will probably be the biggest challenge here as I'll have to get a house or a safe container pretty early to keep a few items in. I'll probably have to make multiple trips to places just to get a decent amount of loot. (Until I get a Companion)

Update on the Save.

- I chose to go through Helgen with Hadvar (Legion) but I don't know what side I will choose to fight for yet.

- I made it to Riverwood and have got a room at the inn for now. Right now I'm planning out my first hunt and plan to set off early the day after tomorrow.

(I was thinking about writing some kind of in depth diary type thing, but I'll probably just do updates like this every so often.)


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina

Last edited by Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles; 09-13-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #4327 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Hello
 
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viridian City
Posts: 4,558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

I said I wouldn't write any kind of diary, but I kinda just started doing it and I've decided to keep going with it. I'm not expecting anyone to actually read this, but it's there for me to look back over, so there's that.

Spoiler for Day 1 (Morndas, 18th of Last Seed):
I started the day early with an Apple Cabbage Stew with bread and some Wine as I prepared to go out on my first hunt.

Managed to hunt and kill a rabbit before the sun had fully risen, but as I was hunting a deer, I had to run back to Riverwood as I ran into a group of bandits. I wasted all 20 of my arrows in the hunt and barely escaped with my life.

Spent almost all of my money on stocking up for the next hunt and now don't have enough money to rent a room at the inn.

Found myself in the Riverwood Trader and met Lucan Valerius who has had a bit of trouble with break ins. I've offered to go look for his Golden Claw in Bleak Falls Barrow, but I've made no promises. I don't think I'll be able to fight my way through any Bandits right now.

Lucan Valerius is a life saver. I showed him the items that I had in my pack and he leapt at the chance to buy them. Sold him some Frostbite Potions, a Spell Book, a Novice Hood and some Novice Robes for 197 Gold. I can now sleep soundly knowing that I have enough money to tide me over for the next week at least.

As all of this was done before noon, I spent the rest of the day getting to know the people and surrounding areas of Riverwood. Fought a few Wolves, but nothing caused me too much trouble.

The main prize came when I was travelling on my way back to Riverwood. A deer was stood in the same spot as one of the Wolves that I had killed and after I fired an arrow in its flank and one to the head, I had bagged a prize worth bragging about. I've heard talk in the inn about people using Deer Antlers in their Potion Making, so I made sure to take those as well as the Venison.

I now have Deer Hides to go along with my Wolf Pelts. I may have to speak to the tanner and see if she would allow me to use her Tanning Rack.

Rented a room for the night at the in and had some Salmon Steak, Cabbage and Carrots and some more of the Alto Wine for dinner and paid the local bard to sing a song called 'The Age of Aggression'.


Spoiler for Day 2 (Tirdas, 19th of Last Seed):
Woke up late this morning and had a meal of Vegetable Stew, Bread and a Red Apple washed down with some of the Honningbrew Mead that the Innkeep was recommending.

I went back up the path that I travelled down after Helgen in the hope that I could find some luck in a late hunt, but it wasn't to be. Instead, I found a Mine that was guarded by a very aggressive bandit.

After killing the guard, I ventured inside Embershard Mine (As it was later called by Alvor) and I found a group of Bandits who had claimed the mines as their base. I then decided to repay the people of Riverwood for their hospitality by removing the threat that lurked just outside their city. I removed the first two Bandits by luring them into their own rockfall trap.

Moving onwards I found myself with a few minutes to spare, so I sat down and had a quick lunch of a Pheasant Breast, some carrots and some cabbage. (Oh, how that pathetic Y'ffre would despise me for that meal.) I avoided drinking anything as I was in dire need of my senses and didn't want to risk putting myself in a situation because I'd had a drop too much mead.

After my little rest, I had to pull a lever which was controlling a drawbridge, which unfortunately sent two bandits off on my trail. Luckily, my bow stayed strong here and I managed to keep the two bandits guessing where I was long enough for me to take them out. They were carrying a little bit of gold, but no arrows which was a problem as most of mine had snapped off at impact or were buried too deep in their armour. I still had a good stock of around about 40 left, but with the unknown waiting for me, I didn't know if I had anywhere near enough to last.

After I had killed the two bandits behind the Bridge, I chanced upon a window which had a Spell Tomb and some money on it, which was nice, but in my excitement I almost walked right past a Bandit standing guard over the door to the room. I won't be making that mistake again! 3 seconds later, I was running all the way back to the entrance of the mines with the guard chasing me, firing Ice off at me from his Staff. Eventually, I had to turn and fight off the Bandit, but I wasted all 10 of my spare healing potions so I could kill him. The prize might have been worth it though as I took the Staff and a key on his body along with a pouch containing 16 Gold.

I headed back down to the room that the guard was defending and found a little treasure trove of things waiting for me. There was a ton of Potatoes, Tomatoes and Cabbage waiting for me, but the main prize was hidden inside a Chest. As I opened it, I saw an Iron Shield, an Iron Sword, a pouch containing 68 Gold and a Scroll that gives the caster the power to create a Fire Storm! I took the Gold and the Scroll as I was in no shape to be carrying any more weapons back to Riverwood and decided to scout a little deeper into the mines.

As I was looking around deeper in the mine, I found the heart of the Bandit's hideout, so I backed off a little and decided to fight them another day. As I was leaving, I spotted a Pickaxe leaning against a wall of Iron, so I went to work as carefully as I possibly could and after 5 hard hours of work in the mine, I managed to collect a very respectable 9 pieces of Iron Ore and I even managed to find an Amethyst and a Garnet, which just made the end of that first trip into Embershard Mine even better!

By the time I got out of the cave, the sun had already set and the stars were shining bright, so I made my way back to Riverwood with a weary smile on my face and a noticeably heavier backpack.

As always, I made my way to the Sleeping Giant Inn and paid my 10 Gold to the barmaid Delphine so I could keep my room for another night and sat down to eat my dinner of Vegetable Stew and Black-Briar Mead and speak with Alvor as Sven the Bard played my usual request, 'The Age of Aggression'.

When I was done, I said my farewells, left for my room and sat down to write todays entry into this diary. I think I'll be staying in town tomorrow so that I can sell off the items that I have acquired and plan out my attack on the remaining bandits in the mine, but for now, I sleep.


I ended my trip into the Embershard Mines with 101/305 Carry Weight, so I am really going to struggle later on in the game when I have to either leave high priced things like Warhammers etc behind or make multiple trips just to get everything. Still though, I'm having a ton of fun doing this which is great!


AwShit / A$AP / CHAMPviaDQ / why2cj / NemesisDivina
Gary Oak's Christmas Baubles is offline  
post #4328 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Armor King's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

I'm currently playing as a two handed orc and I'm having a lot of fun. My two hand skill isn't that high yet and my orc is still destroying things.

Armor King is offline  
post #4329 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 PM
46 and 2
 
Hit-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DO YOU THINK ME WICKED?
Posts: 11,301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

I'm enjoying this conjured bow run I'm doing with Arya. I think I could do a playthrough like this.



-sig by CHAMPviaDQ

WE'RE THE BAD NEWS, WE'RE THE YOUNG GUNS, WE'RE THE ONES THAT THEY TOLD YOU TO RUN FROM.
Hit-Girl is offline  
post #4330 of 4921 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:04 PM
SNOWBLIND
 
Best Looking CUNT in Porn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: On the Rocks with a Bitch and a Bottle
Posts: 6,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
                     
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiko View Post
I said I wouldn't write any kind of diary, but I kinda just started doing it and I've decided to keep going with it. I'm not expecting anyone to actually read this, but it's there for me to look back over, so there's that.

Spoiler for Day 1 (Morndas, 18th of Last Seed):
I started the day early with an Apple Cabbage Stew with bread and some Wine as I prepared to go out on my first hunt.

Managed to hunt and kill a rabbit before the sun had fully risen, but as I was hunting a deer, I had to run back to Riverwood as I ran into a group of bandits. I wasted all 20 of my arrows in the hunt and barely escaped with my life.

Spent almost all of my money on stocking up for the next hunt and now don't have enough money to rent a room at the inn.

Found myself in the Riverwood Trader and met Lucan Valerius who has had a bit of trouble with break ins. I've offered to go look for his Golden Claw in Bleak Falls Barrow, but I've made no promises. I don't think I'll be able to fight my way through any Bandits right now.

Lucan Valerius is a life saver. I showed him the items that I had in my pack and he leapt at the chance to buy them. Sold him some Frostbite Potions, a Spell Book, a Novice Hood and some Novice Robes for 197 Gold. I can now sleep soundly knowing that I have enough money to tide me over for the next week at least.

As all of this was done before noon, I spent the rest of the day getting to know the people and surrounding areas of Riverwood. Fought a few Wolves, but nothing caused me too much trouble.

The main prize came when I was travelling on my way back to Riverwood. A deer was stood in the same spot as one of the Wolves that I had killed and after I fired an arrow in its flank and one to the head, I had bagged a prize worth bragging about. I've heard talk in the inn about people using Deer Antlers in their Potion Making, so I made sure to take those as well as the Venison.

I now have Deer Hides to go along with my Wolf Pelts. I may have to speak to the tanner and see if she would allow me to use her Tanning Rack.

Rented a room for the night at the in and had some Salmon Steak, Cabbage and Carrots and some more of the Alto Wine for dinner and paid the local bard to sing a song called 'The Age of Aggression'.


Spoiler for Day 2 (Tirdas, 19th of Last Seed):
Woke up late this morning and had a meal of Vegetable Stew, Bread and a Red Apple washed down with some of the Honningbrew Mead that the Innkeep was recommending.

I went back up the path that I travelled down after Helgen in the hope that I could find some luck in a late hunt, but it wasn't to be. Instead, I found a Mine that was guarded by a very aggressive bandit.

After killing the guard, I ventured inside Embershard Mine (As it was later called by Alvor) and I found a group of Bandits who had claimed the mines as their base. I then decided to repay the people of Riverwood for their hospitality by removing the threat that lurked just outside their city. I removed the first two Bandits by luring them into their own rockfall trap.

Moving onwards I found myself with a few minutes to spare, so I sat down and had a quick lunch of a Pheasant Breast, some carrots and some cabbage. (Oh, how that pathetic Y'ffre would despise me for that meal.) I avoided drinking anything as I was in dire need of my senses and didn't want to risk putting myself in a situation because I'd had a drop too much mead.

After my little rest, I had to pull a lever which was controlling a drawbridge, which unfortunately sent two bandits off on my trail. Luckily, my bow stayed strong here and I managed to keep the two bandits guessing where I was long enough for me to take them out. They were carrying a little bit of gold, but no arrows which was a problem as most of mine had snapped off at impact or were buried too deep in their armour. I still had a good stock of around about 40 left, but with the unknown waiting for me, I didn't know if I had anywhere near enough to last.

After I had killed the two bandits behind the Bridge, I chanced upon a window which had a Spell Tomb and some money on it, which was nice, but in my excitement I almost walked right past a Bandit standing guard over the door to the room. I won't be making that mistake again! 3 seconds later, I was running all the way back to the entrance of the mines with the guard chasing me, firing Ice off at me from his Staff. Eventually, I had to turn and fight off the Bandit, but I wasted all 10 of my spare healing potions so I could kill him. The prize might have been worth it though as I took the Staff and a key on his body along with a pouch containing 16 Gold.

I headed back down to the room that the guard was defending and found a little treasure trove of things waiting for me. There was a ton of Potatoes, Tomatoes and Cabbage waiting for me, but the main prize was hidden inside a Chest. As I opened it, I saw an Iron Shield, an Iron Sword, a pouch containing 68 Gold and a Scroll that gives the caster the power to create a Fire Storm! I took the Gold and the Scroll as I was in no shape to be carrying any more weapons back to Riverwood and decided to scout a little deeper into the mines.

As I was looking around deeper in the mine, I found the heart of the Bandit's hideout, so I backed off a little and decided to fight them another day. As I was leaving, I spotted a Pickaxe leaning against a wall of Iron, so I went to work as carefully as I possibly could and after 5 hard hours of work in the mine, I managed to collect a very respectable 9 pieces of Iron Ore and I even managed to find an Amethyst and a Garnet, which just made the end of that first trip into Embershard Mine even better!

By the time I got out of the cave, the sun had already set and the stars were shining bright, so I made my way back to Riverwood with a weary smile on my face and a noticeably heavier backpack.

As always, I made my way to the Sleeping Giant Inn and paid my 10 Gold to the barmaid Delphine so I could keep my room for another night and sat down to eat my dinner of Vegetable Stew and Black-Briar Mead and speak with Alvor as Sven the Bard played my usual request, 'The Age of Aggression'.

When I was done, I said my farewells, left for my room and sat down to write todays entry into this diary. I think I'll be staying in town tomorrow so that I can sell off the items that I have acquired and plan out my attack on the remaining bandits in the mine, but for now, I sleep.


I ended my trip into the Embershard Mines with 101/305 Carry Weight, so I am really going to struggle later on in the game when I have to either leave high priced things like Warhammers etc behind or make multiple trips just to get everything. Still though, I'm having a ton of fun doing this which is great!
Keep writing shit like this. It's cool to read the thoughts of someone just starting a playthrough. Kind of reminds me of how into the game I was when I first started.

I bought that Dragonrend or some shit DLC a few months back. Haven't even started it yet. Haven't even finished the main game yet. Fuck it.
Best Looking CUNT in Porn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome