Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread - Page 18 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #171 (permalink)
Hawkguy, Bro
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,681
Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Oh wow, Gamespot just gave Skyrim an 8.5. This is going to piss a lot of people off. I still remember the shit storm when MGS 3 and Twilight Princess got 8.8/8.9.

Oh and Smackdown is gonna love this...

"It's a pity that Skyrim often breaks the immersion it tries so hard to create, in ways both minor and major. Some bizarre details are simply annoying. A character might initiate conversation through the ceiling. The chatter of nearby characters could drown out important story exposition. Two shopkeepers standing next to each other may be voiced by the same actor and repeat the same lines. A dragon skeleton might disappear and then later drop out of the sky in a new location. A dragon could get stuck in place, flailing about in the geometry in a mess of wings and tail. For that matter, you could get stuck in the environment, maybe just by walking into a corner, which entails either quick-traveling to a different location (if you're lucky enough to be outdoors) or loading a save game. Frame rate drops are uncommon, but you might encounter a few severe ones, and Xbox 360 system crashes might occur. The question isn't whether you will experience anomalies--it's a given. The question is: which ones and how many?"

Edit: Oh, they also gave Modern Warfare 3 the same score...

Edit 2: Oops, I guess it was some butthurt fanboys that were proclaiming "8.5! Fuck Gamespot!"

They haven't given out the actual score yet (probably waiting for the embargo to end) but the review is up. Here it is: http://uk.gamespot.com/the-elder-scr...6344618?page=1
__________________


Last edited by Sephiroth : 11-10-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #172 (permalink)
I'm an Eric Bischoff Guy
 
Caesar WCWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: La Florida
Posts: 9,507
Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000Caesar WCWR 19501 - 20000
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

So, it's a Bethesda game then? That's not news. It's a given. That's probably why there's a day one patch. I just hope it's not as buggy as Fallout 3. If it's not, I'll be fine. Out of impulse, I pre-ordered the CE at the last minute. That Dragon did it for me. BTW, 8.5s are not bad. It's pretty hilarious when people treat 'em as such, though. Just enjoy the game. Who gives a fuck what rating it gets?

Oh, and Seph - stop triple posting.
__________________

Be The Booker - WCW 2000
Caesar WCWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #173 (permalink)
Hawkguy, Bro
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,681
Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar WCWR View Post
Oh, and Seph - stop triple posting.
Yes, ma'am.

Awesome!

IGN = 9.5
GameTrailers = 9.3
Gamespot = 9.0
1UP = 9.0
Gamespy = 10
GiantBomb = 10
Destructoid = 10
OXM = 10
Joystiq = 10
Edge = 10
__________________


Last edited by Sephiroth : 11-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #174 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,630
Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Game is easily 9.9/10.

Not a 10 as no game is perfect.
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #175 (permalink)
The Man
 
BEST FOR BUSINESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 11,824
BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000BEST FOR BUSINESS 15501 - 16000
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Oh wow, Gamespot just gave Skyrim an 8.5. This is going to piss a lot of people off. I still remember the shit storm when MGS 3 and Twilight Princess got 8.8/8.9.

Oh and Smackdown is gonna love this...

"It's a pity that Skyrim often breaks the immersion it tries so hard to create, in ways both minor and major. Some bizarre details are simply annoying. A character might initiate conversation through the ceiling. The chatter of nearby characters could drown out important story exposition. Two shopkeepers standing next to each other may be voiced by the same actor and repeat the same lines. A dragon skeleton might disappear and then later drop out of the sky in a new location. A dragon could get stuck in place, flailing about in the geometry in a mess of wings and tail. For that matter, you could get stuck in the environment, maybe just by walking into a corner, which entails either quick-traveling to a different location (if you're lucky enough to be outdoors) or loading a save game. Frame rate drops are uncommon, but you might encounter a few severe ones, and Xbox 360 system crashes might occur. The question isn't whether you will experience anomalies--it's a given. The question is: which ones and how many?"

Edit: Oh, they also gave Modern Warfare 3 the same score...

Edit 2: Oops, I guess it was some butthurt fanboys that were proclaiming "8.5! Fuck Gamespot!"

They haven't given out the actual score yet (probably waiting for the embargo to end) but the review is up. Here it is: http://uk.gamespot.com/the-elder-scr...6344618?page=1


Not sure why I found that so funny.

I'd love to get this on the release date but there's just too many games coming out: I'll probably wait a bit for this and Assassin's Creed and perhaps even get one for Christmas. Saints Row is coming out in a few days anyway, so I'm sure that will keep my attention.
BEST FOR BUSINESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #176 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 173
kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

I am not sure why the the two shop keeps thing bothers people, it happened all the time in oblivion. I always thought it was just funny, sure it would be cool to have every npc voice differently, but I would prefer them to focus on other aspects of the game first.
kazukek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #177 (permalink)
Hawkguy, Bro
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,681
Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Win View Post
Game is easily 9.9/10.

Not a 10 as no game is perfect.
Chrono Trigger
__________________

Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #178 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,630
Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500Gooner 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Never played.

The bolded line is true, its annoying when they do it too.
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #179 (permalink)
Hawkguy, Bro
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,681
Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500Sephiroth 30001 - 30500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_marino View Post
I'd love to get this on the release date but there's just too many games coming out: I'll probably wait a bit for this and Assassin's Creed and perhaps even get one for Christmas. Saints Row is coming out in a few days anyway, so I'm sure that will keep my attention.
Or when you buy Saints Row 3, you can get Skyrim or Assassin's Creed: Revelations 50% Off

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/video-...-mw3-halo.html
__________________


Last edited by Sephiroth : 11-10-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #180 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 173
kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500kazukek 251 - 500
Default Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim

FTW how is the radiant questing system? Is it what they built it up to be or is it even noticeable.
kazukek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios