Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011 - Page 316 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3151 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 AM
The Red Beast
 
Might Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 21,393
Points: 7,215
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola123 View Post
Arya Stark challange,good times

Should do it in DS2 aswell
Memories aren't all great, there was a frustrating stretch where you meet the 1st boar where I was losing my mind. Freaking rats killed me a few times then the Boar actually did once. Once I got the wolf ring the dreaded stark challenge wasn't so difficult since my short sword and dagger were pretty awesome later on.


"It's the end of the Green Beast of the Leaf, the time has come for me to become the Red Beast"

Sig by @Abrown
Might Guy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3152 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah1993
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 11,005
Points: 3,578
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusiveMan View Post
It is amazing just how quickly you can get through Dark Souls when you know what to expect and where to go. It also helps that you keep your equipment when you start the game again. The upgraded weapons just make short work of the early bosses, and minor enemies.
Some of it was still kinda brutal. The pinwheel took FIVE hits this time.


Man the Four Kings never ganged up on me in new game like they did here. It was so overwhelming not having any breathing room. Eventually took them down though and then did Gwyn second try. Overall time came to 6 hours 55 minutes. I wish it was less because I still died too much and wasted time with the failed skip in the Duke's Archives, but I'm happy with that.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #3153 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM
The One Free Man
 
TheFreeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 5,829
Points: 1,457
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Some of it was still kinda brutal. The pinwheel took FIVE hits this time.


Man the Four Kings never ganged up on me in new game like they did here. It was so overwhelming not having any breathing room. Eventually took them down though and then did Gwyn second try. Overall time came to 6 hours 55 minutes. I wish it was less because I still died too much and wasted time with the failed skip in the Duke's Archives, but I'm happy with that.
At least you got to hit him and didn't actually die...

When I did the Four Kings on NG+, this was after a long time of not playing it, I was just getting destroyed by them. So I went in with the Havel Set on and just stayed near one of the Kings, moving back when he would go to grab me, and just kept attacking until all were dead. That tactic didn't take that long and it did help to have my estus flask at +20. Just in case I needed to heal myself.

And I tried that Duke's shortcut on my first run. I could get onto the side of the lift but that was it. Could never get to the balcony I needed to, so I just gave up and went to get killed by Seath. Probably took less time that way than actually trying to do it.



Banner & Avy - A$AP
TheFreeMan is offline  
post #3154 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 AM
✪✪✪✪✪
 
Calahart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,987
Points: 696
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

A shortcut in the archives eh?
Calahart is online now  
post #3155 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
nikola123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,165
Points: 168
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrose View Post
A shortcut in the archives eh?
it is not an ordinary shortcut,something people found by playing around with the area and its such a hard jump to make that you are better off doing it normaly

.


Last edited by nikola123; 04-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.
nikola123 is offline  
post #3156 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Joker on Jack
 
AryaDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DADDY'S LIL' MONSTER
Posts: 13,362
Points: 9,426
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Did get the cursebite ring, but had Havel's Ring and Ring of Favour and Protection and didn't want to take either off before I had to use the covenant of Artorias. I had like 4 purging stones so it wasn't a big deal.

I've honestly had the same stuff equipped the entire run. Onionbro helm + gold hemmed black set for the rest of it.
The FaP ring is such a trap ring lol. Once you put it on it's hard to take off. You can actually get two of them so if you're hooked on that ring you can take it off in a special situation since you have the back up. I haven't used the FaP ring since my first playthrough simply because I knew I wouldn't wanna take it off. I never wear heavy armor so I am always using the Wolf Ring for poise and the other ring slot is situational.

btw that gear I'm thinking of is the Antiquated set I'm pretty sure. Great curse resist on it.



AryaDark is online now  
post #3157 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah1993
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 11,005
Points: 3,578
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusiveMan View Post
When I did the Four Kings on NG+, this was after a long time of not playing it, I was just getting destroyed by them. So I went in with the Havel Set on and just stayed near one of the Kings, moving back when he would go to grab me, and just kept attacking until all were dead. That tactic didn't take that long and it did help to have my estus flask at +20. Just in case I needed to heal myself.
I actually tried going in with Havel's set but still got destroyed. I did the most amount of damage but still took too long, and I never got any time in between healing and....well, healing. I got my firelink bonfire to 20 as well, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusiveMan View Post
And I tried that Duke's shortcut on my first run. I could get onto the side of the lift but that was it. Could never get to the balcony I needed to, so I just gave up and went to get killed by Seath. Probably took less time that way than actually trying to do it.
Yeah that was my thought process too. Archives isn't actually that long once you know where you're going. First playthrough I missed the stupid room with the ladder entirely and was searching where to go for a loooooong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrose View Post
A shortcut in the archives eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quu8TDRb6OU
1:09:12 - 1:13:30

Yeah it's not a normal shortcut, and unlike the stair skip in Anor Londo it's really frustrating to try to pull off (even the speed runners screw it up as you can see ). I landed on the guardrail two or three time max (after God knows how many actual tries of it) but always choked on the roll down to the lower floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit-Girl View Post
The FaP ring is such a trap ring lol. Once you put it on it's hard to take off. You can actually get two of them so if you're hooked on that ring you can take it off in a special situation since you have the back up. I haven't used the FaP ring since my first playthrough simply because I knew I wouldn't wanna take it off. I never wear heavy armor so I am always using the Wolf Ring for poise and the other ring slot is situational.

btw that gear I'm thinking of is the Antiquated set I'm pretty sure. Great curse resist on it.
I killed Lautrec both runs so I had two ring of favour and protection. Pretty sure I would have wept taking it off otherwise. I'm currently wearing the second one and hope to continue a cycle of using it the whole run, killing Lautrec to get another one, putting on the Covenant of Artorias, and putting the ring back on for Gwyn.

Never got the Antiquated set. Dark Souls wiki tells me it's behind the Hydra in Darkroot and every time I tried to go there (with no knowledge that anything was even there) I fell into the water. Gave up and found that ladder near the waterfall and never returned.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #3158 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Joker on Jack
 
AryaDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DADDY'S LIL' MONSTER
Posts: 13,362
Points: 9,426
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Yeah it's on past the waterfall... go to the end save and quit and a gold gollem thing will appear. Kill it to release an NPC... she will sell you spells and stuff. Go back to where you fought the hydra in the same area... she'll have a summon sign down. Summon her in and you can buy stuff. After that go back to where you killed the gold crystal gollem thing and you'll see a shiny. Pick that up and that's the antiquated set.


Also as a note. You can get that second FaP ring by trading the Xanthous Crown to Snuggly. If you wanna know how to get that you just go to the Painted World as human and you'll get invaded. Kill the invader and after you get to the boss whether you kill her or not the shiny will be on the platform you walk off of to get out. If it's not there save and quit and it'll show up.



AryaDark is online now  
post #3159 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:15 PM
✪✪✪✪✪
 
Calahart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,987
Points: 696
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

Oh god that favor and protection ring...

Killed latrec for it and wore it through the entire NG. Second ring slot was constantly changing. I had the serpent ring on most of the time.
Calahart is online now  
post #3160 of 3212 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
nikola123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,165
Points: 168
                     
Re: Dark Souls - October 4th, 2011

I forgot ds1 only had 2 ring slots xD
Seems so hard to choose now what to wear xD

.

nikola123 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome