Retro Gaming Discussion - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #111 (permalink)
HUGH JACKMAN'S WIFEY
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,424
Catalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whore
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryme tyme View Post
Recently beat Majora's Mask for the first time on N64. I had it since I was a kid, but never had the skill to beat it (It's a damn hard game for a 8 year old with no guide). It's a lot closer to Ocarina of Time for me now. I still think OoT is the greatest game of all time but majora's mask is A LOT better then I remembered it being.

The nostalgia was overpowering at times. I've always LOVED Zelda Games music, all the melodies are permanently engrained in my memory. It was a really enjoyable experience, also made me think of the attitude era wrestling I would watch at the time I first started playing Zelda games. Damn I love N64 and Ps1. Just played No Mercy and WM 2000 recently too and had a lot of fun/nostagia. The only wrestling games I had growing up were WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 and Smackdown on ps1 (Although I constantly rented No Mercy and WM 2000). Bought em both boxed on ebay a few months ago. N64 boxed games are easily my favorite to collect, never kept any boxes as a kid, so now I finally got as nice collection going.
Speaking of Ocarina of Time.....WATER TEMPLE

Holy shit, what a bitch of a temple. It took forever to finish it without a guide.
__________________

<3 <3 HUGH JACKMAN <3 <3
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hoganís got no hair on his chest? Only friend heís got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

Catalanotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #112 (permalink)
I'm going to laugh when I'm buried alive
 
Walls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,297
Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000Walls 24501 - 25000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Fuck the Water Temple. I remember almost stroking out when I was a kid from it. Felt amazing when I finally did it, though. Those were the days.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #113 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
pryme tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ball So Hard University
Posts: 1,631
pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

The dreaded water temple. It was honestly the reason I never beat Ocarina of Time until years after I had owned it. The last temple in majora's mask was also pretty difficult. Needed to bust out a guide for the last 2 temples in fact. Great games though, I could beat Zelda games 100x and still have fun.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Poster View Post
Where are the Lebron memes now?
pryme tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
HUGH JACKMAN'S WIFEY
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,424
Catalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whore
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryme tyme View Post
The dreaded water temple. It was honestly the reason I never beat Ocarina of Time until years after I had owned it. The last temple in majora's mask was also pretty difficult. Needed to bust out a guide for the last 2 temples in fact. Great games though, I could beat Zelda games 100x and still have fun.

I tried to beat the water temple without a guide but I just gave up and used one. It was ridiculously irritating. I mean, the game is fun, and I did like the challenge, but when you get to the breaking point, when a challenge is just so fucking hard, you could hang yourself, it's time to get a guide and end the misery.
__________________

<3 <3 HUGH JACKMAN <3 <3
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hoganís got no hair on his chest? Only friend heís got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

Catalanotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #115 (permalink)
Fid
Paul Heyman Guy
 
Fid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mooresville, IN
Posts: 3,602
Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500Fid 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Fuck the water temple in Ocarina. Loved the game, but God damn that temple drove me up the wall.

Well... ended up hooking up my old NES again. Put in Super Mario Bros 3 and literally couldn't put it down. Truly forgot how much I loved this game. Had the system and my games up for sale on Craigslist, may take it down now.
__________________

STAND BACK!
Fid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #116 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9,932
cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto View Post
Speaking of Ocarina of Time.....WATER TEMPLE

Holy shit, what a bitch of a temple. It took forever to finish it without a guide.
have you done it on the Master's Quest? It's actually easier in that version; if your only goal is to complete it quickly (and miss out on rupees and gold skullutas).

I always thought the water temple was my favorite Zelda Temple, but also the hardest. The constant switching on and off of the iron boots was annoying. the getting lost and confused because the water level constantly changes is annoying. swimming into a whirlpool by accident sucked too. I guess since I beat OOT and Majora's mask with no guide (the first time) I spent a lot of time in the water temple and ended up with the most memories of it. I also liked the Ice Caverns right before it, and then getting the Fire Arrow afterwards. and this mo-fo:



Quote:
Originally Posted by pryme tyme View Post
The dreaded water temple. It was honestly the reason I never beat Ocarina of Time until years after I had owned it. The last temple in majora's mask was also pretty difficult. Needed to bust out a guide for the last 2 temples in fact. Great games though, I could beat Zelda games 100x and still have fun.
The Stone Tower Temple. Fuck this place. flipping upside down constantly. The mini castle beforehand was fun with the fire arrow and skullutas, climbing the Stone Tower was fun too, then the actual temple was a bitch. especially if you were trying to find all the fairies in the temple, Fuck Me Sideways.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman

Last edited by cesaro_ROCKS : 05-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
cesaro_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #117 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9,932
cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryme tyme View Post
Recently beat Majora's Mask for the first time on N64. I had it since I was a kid, but never had the skill to beat it (It's a damn hard game for a 8 year old with no guide). It's a lot closer to Ocarina of Time for me now. I still think OoT is the greatest game of all time but majora's mask is A LOT better then I remembered it being.

The nostalgia was overpowering at times. I've always LOVED Zelda Games music, all the melodies are permanently engrained in my memory. It was a really enjoyable experience, also made me think of the attitude era wrestling I would watch at the time I first started playing Zelda games. Damn I love N64 and Ps1. Just played No Mercy and WM 2000 recently too and had a lot of fun/nostagia. The only wrestling games I had growing up were WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 and Smackdown on ps1 (Although I constantly rented No Mercy and WM 2000). Bought em both boxed on ebay a few months ago. N64 boxed games are easily my favorite to collect, never kept any boxes as a kid, so now I finally got as nice collection going.
Did you get the Gilded sword?



the Goron race was the bitch part of that quest. and don't forget the Fierce Diety's mask. Again, the goron race on the moon is the biggest bitch part.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #118 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
pryme tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ball So Hard University
Posts: 1,631
pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by You're Pretty Good View Post
Did you get the Gilded sword?



the Goron race was the bitch part of that quest. and don't forget the Fierce Diety's mask. Again, the goron race on the moon is the biggest bitch part.
Yup got the gilded sword. I actually won the Goron race on my second try but I forgot to go back to the Giant goron after so I could buy powder kegs whenever I wanted. So I had to completely redo the race to get the powder keg for the top of Ikana Castle (which might be my favorite area in the game). Didn't know their was a Goron Race on the moon, That was the only mask I wasn't able to get before completing the game.

The Kafei sidequest is also annoying without a guide, It relies so much on the right times that's it's extremely hard to figure out with no guide.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Poster View Post
Where are the Lebron memes now?
pryme tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #119 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9,932
cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000cesaro_ROCKS 14501 - 15000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryme tyme View Post
Yup got the gilded sword. I actually won the Goron race on my second try but I forgot to go back to the Giant goron after so I could buy powder kegs whenever I wanted. So I had to completely redo the race to get the powder keg for the top of Ikana Castle (which might be my favorite area in the game). Didn't know their was a Goron Race on the moon, That was the only mask I wasn't able to get before completing the game.

The Kafei sidequest is also annoying without a guide, It relies so much on the right times that's it's extremely hard to figure out with no guide.
wow, first time I ever heard that. I would say "IMPOSSIBLE" without a guide. When you go to the thief's hideout you have to literally roll through a crack in the wall to get in in order to get the couples mask. Then once you have all the masks (I think 40) you trade them into the 3 kids on the moon to get the fierce diety's mask (3 for each major mask deku/goron/zora). The Goron one is fucking ridiculous, just google it; you can tell from a simple walk through. but the mask makes Majora a little bitch.

and I love the fight at the castle when the skeleton breaks apart into just a head. lol. I'm surprised so many people like OOT and Majora's mask. Every time I bring up Zelda people claim it's stupid and crappy.
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #120 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
pryme tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ball So Hard University
Posts: 1,631
pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000pryme tyme 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Retro Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by You're Pretty Good View Post
wow, first time I ever heard that. I would say "IMPOSSIBLE" without a guide. When you go to the thief's hideout you have to literally roll through a crack in the wall to get in in order to get the couples mask. Then once you have all the masks (I think 40) you trade them into the 3 kids on the moon to get the fierce diety's mask (3 for each major mask deku/goron/zora). The Goron one is fucking ridiculous, just google it; you can tell from a simple walk through. but the mask makes Majora a little bitch.

and I love the fight at the castle when the skeleton breaks apart into just a head. lol. I'm surprised so many people like OOT and Majora's mask. Every time I bring up Zelda people claim it's stupid and crappy.
Yeah I completely forgot about the thiefs hideout, you have to follow him in at exactly the right time on the final day. I would have to agree with "Impossible" without a guide. I also love that Ikana Castle boss battle, funny easter egg during that battle too. If you put on the mask that makes you march (can't think of the name right now) you can get the first 2 skelton guards to march behind you lol. I'm surprised people would bash Zelda, I hear Ocarina of Time get called the greatest of all time more then any other game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Poster View Post
Where are the Lebron memes now?
pryme tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios