how mad are you tho for real
Join Date: Apr 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Re: General Gaming Discussion
I'd be unphased by the controller. Just a bit wider is all; still seems like it's got the same grip as the Dualshock and Sixasis. Only thing that confuses me is that the Start/Select buttons are missing :/
Also, I downloaded the Hitman HD Trilogy off of PSN a few days ago, which for some reason came in the form of three separate downloads. Which begs the question, why wasn't there just an option in the first place to let us buy them individually? Why should we be confined to purchasing all three at once?
But anyway, I tore into Hitman 2 first, and it went horrendously. It's pretty obvious to me how horribly this has aged.
- 47 moves like a slug when he's crouching, making sneak-killing terrible for moving enemies, and almost every movement he makes feels very stiff.
- You can't seem to garotte or pacify people as it's far too specific for the distance of which you should be between your target.
- The AI's attitudes towards 47 are confusing given that the line between what areas he's restricted from and what he's not is very vague (at least in the suit)
- The knock-back effect of the ragdolls on the common pistol is like they got hit with a cannon.
- The game gives you little to no tutorials or explanation in the beginning as to how anything works, aside from the most basic of navigation controls.
- The environments are depressingly dreary and re-used. For two levels, there's a sewer environment, which I'm convinced they CtrlC+CtrlV'd for both, since it's almost the same exact layout. Not to mention, given the amount of times 47'll die (and he will, because you approach everything with no idea how awkward everyone or thing will be placed) you'll be running back and forth between the same dull, grey areas constantly.