General Gaming Discussion - Page 956 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Greatest Hits cases?
I agree, their hideous! 19 20.00%
I like them 13 13.68%
I don't mind them 23 24.21%
It's the game that mattters, stupid! 40 42.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9551 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JohnTheRevelator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Not even close, I'm playing on normal and it feels really easy.
Same here. Although my health meter was really really low after killing the first boss.
JohnTheRevelator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9552 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,873
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

my legend of Zelda historia just shipped
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #9553 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM
how mad are you tho for real
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: http://reddit.com/r/me_irl/
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

So I've been on and off with Human Revolution today, and am having a delightfully horrible time trying to find enjoyment out of it:

- The plot FULLY FUCKING expects you to have played the first instalment, as the story gives you no time to understand the setting, the characters, the motivation of such and why we should care or feel sympathy for anyone. Especially Jensen, who we are given nothing to grasp onto in terms of characterization, and thus feel little when it comes to him being distraught over his augmentation. He may as well have been half robot to begin with.

- The control scheme is easily the most awkward I have ever experienced in any video game ever. For a game which spends 75% of the first actual mission shoving tutorials down your throat, it's astounding how many times I'm still dying because I forgot how everything works. And maybe it wouldn't be so hard, if everything at least responded to your button presses on a consistent basis.

- Weapons have little to no impact and are difficult to adjust. Both the crosshair and ironsights are far too spaced apart or vague, no matter what gun you're using.

- Because of the fact that first person stealth is (or at least in the context of this game) asinine, it's equally as disgruntling to find there's no option for a third-person display like in Fallout. It couldn't possibly have been that hard to implement something like changing perspectives in the game. Now this doesn't sound too bad at first if you maybe just want to aim for a gun-ho play style, but even then, this shit gets so disorienting with you constantly switching back and forth between first and third when taking cover, which can immediately make things go tits-up in the heat of a gunfight.

- The AI is ridiculous. I've probably ran into about half a dozen occasions at this point where a guard became hostile and, while I was in cover doing fuck all, began shooting at the wall for 20 seconds, before bringing it upon himself to, erm, take cover. And even then, if you make a couple cover switches, they'll just continue firing blankly at where you last were.

- During boss fights, the game gives you no feedback whatsoever on whether or not you're wearing them down, or are just wasting your bullets, or even if their health is regenerating, so you're left to assume that if you just keep up the repetition -and exploiting the aforementioned dumbfounding AI- you'll eventually get some form of message to continue. A small health bar would have really sufficed.

I've not even completed the third mission and am close to breaking this disc in two if I can't get passed this Barrett boss fight anytime soon.


me irl
le uninspired crismus naem maymay is offline  
post #9554 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Bad Moon Rising
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Yeah Deus Ex wasn't great, still not finished it and I bought it over a year ago.
ALEX. is offline  
post #9555 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,873
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

The last Deus Ex is horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

They have powers you can unlock that make the previous way you did things now more inconvenient. Horrible story, horrible choice stuff, horrible gun play, horrible voicing, and the black lady in the beggining...you find her eating out of a garbage can later on with the most racist voice over ever. I'm pretty sure they had her with an afro and eating garbaged watermelon.
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #9556 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Either/Or
 
Rudolph's Magical Christmas Tumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHumph View Post
Yeah Deus Ex wasn't great, still not finished it and I bought it over a year ago.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The last Deus Ex is horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

They have powers you can unlock that make the previous way you did things now more inconvenient. Horrible story, horrible choice stuff, horrible gun play, horrible voicing, and the black lady in the beggining...you find her eating out of a garbage can later on with the most racist voice over ever. I'm pretty sure they had her with an afro and eating garbaged watermelon.
Yeah I remember there was some huge controversy about that character. The creators tried to defend it but it pretty much soured the game for everyone.
Rudolph's Magical Christmas Tumor is offline  
post #9557 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

This is all the exact opposite of the truth about DX:HR. Except for the black lady, who was a strange and uncomfortable addition, I'll grant you.



Mister Hands is offline  
post #9558 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
how mad are you tho for real
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: http://reddit.com/r/me_irl/
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

If I had any positive notes, it's that fucking LAMBERT from Splinter Cell is in the game


me irl
le uninspired crismus naem maymay is offline  
post #9559 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JohnTheRevelator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: General Gaming Discussion

I enjoyed Deus Ex: HR a lot, although the boss fights were a bitch. If the manual save wouldn't have worked during them, I never would've made it, as many times the bosses killed me after one strike (played it on Give Me Deus Ex).
JohnTheRevelator is offline  
post #9560 of 13458 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froot View Post
So I've been on and off with Human Revolution today, and am having a delightfully horrible time trying to find enjoyment out of it:

- The plot FULLY FUCKING expects you to have played the first instalment, as the story gives you no time to understand the setting, the characters, the motivation of such and why we should care or feel sympathy for anyone. Especially Jensen, who we are given nothing to grasp onto in terms of characterization, and thus feel little when it comes to him being distraught over his augmentation. He may as well have been half robot to begin with.

- The control scheme is easily the most awkward I have ever experienced in any video game ever. For a game which spends 75% of the first actual mission shoving tutorials down your throat, it's astounding how many times I'm still dying because I forgot how everything works. And maybe it wouldn't be so hard, if everything at least responded to your button presses on a consistent basis.

- Weapons have little to no impact and are difficult to adjust. Both the crosshair and ironsights are far too spaced apart or vague, no matter what gun you're using.

- Because of the fact that first person stealth is (or at least in the context of this game) asinine, it's equally as disgruntling to find there's no option for a third-person display like in Fallout. It couldn't possibly have been that hard to implement something like changing perspectives in the game. Now this doesn't sound too bad at first if you maybe just want to aim for a gun-ho play style, but even then, this shit gets so disorienting with you constantly switching back and forth between first and third when taking cover, which can immediately make things go tits-up in the heat of a gunfight.

- The AI is ridiculous. I've probably ran into about half a dozen occasions at this point where a guard became hostile and, while I was in cover doing fuck all, began shooting at the wall for 20 seconds, before bringing it upon himself to, erm, take cover. And even then, if you make a couple cover switches, they'll just continue firing blankly at where you last were.

- During boss fights, the game gives you no feedback whatsoever on whether or not you're wearing them down, or are just wasting your bullets, or even if their health is regenerating, so you're left to assume that if you just keep up the repetition -and exploiting the aforementioned dumbfounding AI- you'll eventually get some form of message to continue. A small health bar would have really sufficed.

I've not even completed the third mission and am close to breaking this disc in two if I can't get passed this Barrett boss fight anytime soon.
Human Revolution is a prequel

Control scene is perfectly fine and in line with many other shooters but if you're using mouse and keyboard then IDK

I never had any problems with the guns,I had no real problems getting headshots or spraying enemies

Why would there be a third person view for regular gameplay?Plenty of FPS don't use any third persion view

Never had any problems with the AI doing that but I have had some issues with them before

I do agree with boss fights though,they aren't the best in a game I've played ,they were shoved in there and are quite awkward .
Stinger Fan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome