General Gaming Discussion - Page 44 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Greatest Hits cases?
I agree, their hideous! 19 20.00%
I like them 13 13.68%
I don't mind them 23 24.21%
It's the game that mattters, stupid! 40 42.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #431 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

I'm not really going to miss it tbh. 100+ FL here we come, hopefully.
D-Fear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #432 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
The Jade Emperor
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

I never played SD3 because it was never released here, I believe. I do not import. I'm a Legend of Mana man, however. Unfortunately, World of Mana compilation effectively killed the series off. While Children and Heroes were just mediocre, Dawn was bad. Same with the SAGA series - Unlimited Saga and the remake of Romancing Saga killed it off. Thanks Square-Enix.
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #433 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
¡Ole! ¡Ole! ¡Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,697
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov View Post
I've come to the conclusion this is going to drastically lower the amount of new threads posted in this section. Still a good idea though you should probably get rid of the Retro Gaming Discussion thread.

Oh and anyone know if Secret of Mana is worth $60 (AU) off Ebay. Seems like a lot of money for a SNES game.

Edit: Before answering that question take into consideration that I'm a storyline and characters kind of guy and the only RPG's i've really spent a lot of hours on and loved are Final Fantasies. The newer Final Fantasies, so the older graphics could be a problem.
Do you have a Wii? Its on the Virtual Console for $8 (USD). Its been released in all regions so I assume you'd be able to get it.

Otherwise, I'd say just emulate it. It doesn't have much of either of the two you like. Story is thin, but it keeps the pace and the game going, and the characters are basically "You have 3 people in your party, they have a life, but who cares... what matters is that you can fuck shit up with them."

Gameplay rules. As mentioned before, Seiken Densetsu 3 is much better and easily one of the best RPGs ever. It also has a better story and nine (if I remember correctly) playable characters with their own story. If you ever played Saga Frontier, think that in terms of structure.
Sephiroth is offline  
post #434 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Bradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Am I seemingly the only one who can't get in to RPGs? I was indifferent to Oblivion and I seem to be a little hesitant and 'scared off' by the seemingly huge amount to track and do in the Final Fantasy games. The only RPG {if you can call it that} I have played is Pokemon. I know Rules hooked me up with some great tips for the FF games but what are other people's opinions on good FF games, examples of easy to pick up RPG's and {although this is already being discussed} good RPG's in general.

Also, as I am just spraying ideas all over the place and going off on a huge ramble, is FF13 a good place to start for a relative RPG newbie?

Just one final thing, did anyone play Abe's Exxodus on PS1? A classic little gem that seems underappreciated. One of the most atmospheric games ever with good, if at times childish, humour and a game with general warmth and fantastic craftmanship that has great replay value.

<a href=http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/1c/0,,10323~9903176,00.jpg target=_blank>http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/...9903176,00.jpg</a>
Bradley is offline  
post #435 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Master & Ruler
 
SuperBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 9,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Rules View Post
I never played SD3 because it was never released here, I believe. I do not import. I'm a Legend of Mana man, however. Unfortunately, World of Mana compilation effectively killed the series off. While Children and Heroes were just mediocre, Dawn was bad. Same with the SAGA series - Unlimited Saga and the remake of Romancing Saga killed it off. Thanks Square-Enix.
You can find a translated rom on the internet probably for SD3.

SuperBrawl is offline  
post #436 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
The Jade Emperor
 
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Han Empire
Posts: 10,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Is that the unofficial fan translation of SD3 I keep hearing about?
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti is offline  
post #437 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
¡Ole! ¡Ole! ¡Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,697
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Rules View Post
Is that the unofficial fan translation of SD3 I keep hearing about?
Yes, but the fan translation is excellent. One of the best I've read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Am I seemingly the only one who can't get in to RPGs? I was indifferent to Oblivion and I seem to be a little hesitant and 'scared off' by the seemingly huge amount to track and do in the Final Fantasy games. The only RPG {if you can call it that} I have played is Pokemon. I know Rules hooked me up with some great tips for the FF games but what are other people's opinions on good FF games, examples of easy to pick up RPG's and {although this is already being discussed} good RPG's in general.
Well, there are different sub-genres of RPGs. For a traditional RPG, I'd recommend FF X. Don't be scared of FF games. All are fairly linear and you can do back tracking and side quests if you wish. FF X is one of the more linear ones.

If you don't want a traditional JRPG, I'd recommend Dragon Age: Origins. Its excellent and very similar to the most acclaimed Western RPGs like Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Diablo 1/2, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Also, as I am just spraying ideas all over the place and going off on a huge ramble, is FF13 a good place to start for a relative RPG newbie?
Nope, as mentioned before, FF X. Or even FF 7 if you enjoy older games and aren't bothered by outdated graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Just one final thing, did anyone play Abe's Exxodus on PS1? A classic little gem that seems underappreciated. One of the most atmospheric games ever with good, if at times childish, humour and a game with general warmth and fantastic craftmanship that has great replay value.
Loved it.
Sephiroth is offline  
post #438 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Bradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

A quick question, are Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 any good? They seem like interesting games and probably something I would play as a precursor to playing FF XIII to 'get in to' the feel of a 'proper' RPG.

<a href=http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/1c/0,,10323~9903176,00.jpg target=_blank>http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/...9903176,00.jpg</a>
Bradley is offline  
post #439 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM
.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
A quick question, are Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 any good? They seem like interesting games and probably something I would play as a precursor to playing FF XIII to 'get in to' the feel of a 'proper' RPG.
Just go out and pick up a Platinum FFX. Doesn't cost much, and it's probably the best RPG that ever came out on the PS2 imho.
D-Fear is offline  
post #440 of 13458 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: General Gaming Discussion

Granted right now I have no life and have been doing nothing but playing Video Games the last few weeks but i've been playing Final Fantasy XIII the last few days and I met some minor character last night who looks just like Sawyer from Lost.

Bradley I agree with Seph in saying if you want a fairly straightforward RPG to start out with FF X is a good choice. However if you have a DS I still say go find a copy of Chrono Trigger. Game owns.

McQueen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome