*Official Football Manager Discussion Thread* - Page 300 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #2991 (permalink)
Moron
 
Jon Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,050
Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000Jon Staley 8501 - 9000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Football Manager has to be the most stale, boring game on the planet now. There has been next to no improvements to the gameplay in about 3 years, every time I try to start a new game I have to quit within about 20 minutes because it bores me to death, I feel like I've been playing the exact same game for the last 3 years.
You're wrong.
Jon Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #2992 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Cre5po's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dorset, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,976
Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Shit totally hit the fan at Reading in the second season

Despite 60% of possession on average in the opening 9 games my side only managed to record 2 wins and 3 draws.

My subs were un-impactful and the sheer number of new players (8) in the squad weren't merging too well. I set up in a similar 4-4-2 as before but when Long wasn't scoring I simply didn't have someone to fall back on and in the end we were hit with counters.

By the 10th game I had Blackpool away and with my squads morale very poor I decided if I should lose I'd step down. I knew form would pick up afterall my team was too good not to but I found it pretty frustrating.

We lost 1-0 and I quit

I was then until January offered jobs at Cardiff, Ipswich and Wolves but I waited until the end of the season (8 games left) before taking over the Auxerre whom somehow were in a relegation battle. I have no idea how but still - I joined with them on very poor morale on the back of a run of 4 losses and 2 draws since their last win.

We finished just 3 points out of the relegation zone but tbh the real work has started now

£12 million, top 10 finish, signings have been made. Wage bill is pretty huge but I'm hoping it pays off.

Due to the poor finish last season and being predicted 5th Pedretti amongst other players want to leave but I'm trying to keep them. Here are how things stand.



__________________

www.cre5po.deviantart.com
Cre5po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #2993 (permalink)
Step Up And Play...
 
iMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,320
iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

What a moment...

__________________
WWF: A Change In Attitude
New BTB. Check it out, huh?



iMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #2994 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Cre5po's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dorset, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,976
Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500Cre5po 1001 - 1500
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

I'm going to be honest I need some help on this game because as of right now I'm just finding it stupidily difficult to get anywhere even when my input to the game is large

Auxerre at current in 2012/2013 with a lineup IMO decent enough to contest even the bigger sides into having a tough game

I set up in a 4-3-3 with one player attacking, one player supporting or pulling the strings and of course a defensive minded player

The formation is downloaded from FM Base but it's modified quite a bit

My main concern is knowing how quick to play, how wide to play and how deep



This screenshot shows who I play where at the moment (Injuries may have forced a couple of changes but it's just to get an idea) and tbh I'm having little luck in the process. I use control for games where I know I'll have the play but I change it to rigid for other games such as away to Lyon or the likes of Marseille

My two wide men are set as wingers and for both generally speaking I have them as players that vary crosses and try to cut in when can, mainly due to Anelkas ability to come inside and commit players

Le Tallec is simply up-front alone because of his form however I'm finding it hard to tell what role to give him as he's equally good as an Advanced Forward, Poacher or Deep Lying Forward

Defensively my full backs do not run up they play short passes and have little creativity. This was due to the ones I played last year mainly as I was being battered down the flanks, centre backs are just as you'd imagine



This is my best 11 according to my assistant - I have 2-3 injuries from the above screen which means I can't field it right now but I feel I could get a top 10 place with it.

Team talks - I despise team talks as I never know what to say, if my side are favourites at home heavily I expect a win and tell guys whom have played well recently to pick up where they left off. Under performers with terrible morale I just say no pressure which I feel could be a mistake

If they are average performers which is high 6's for example I tell them if in good form that I have faith or otherwise I expect them to do well. Otherwise I just select for the fans if I'm unsure. Trust me though I do take the time to think these things through.

TV display - I do not view any 3D videos of the match, only 2D stills occasionally. Would it help more to use them? I feel I'm putting too much effort in anyway as I know people who blitz seasons and do well!

Coaches - 3 star pretty much throughout



Other noteworthy pieces of info
  • I always use backroom advice for training / scouting
  • My match preparation in this formation is 100 in everything
  • I discipline players when red carded
  • I do not attend press conferences ever besides transfer announcements
  • My training schedule is default not a downloaded one
  • My home record is worse than my away
  • I make three subs on average a game

Any advice is appreciated if you need more info let me know
__________________

www.cre5po.deviantart.com
Cre5po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #2995 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Muerte al fascismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,553
Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000Muerte al fascismo 1501 - 2000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crespo4000 View Post
I'm going to be honest I need some help on this game because as of right now I'm just finding it stupidily difficult to get anywhere even when my input to the game is large

Auxerre at current in 2012/2013 with a lineup IMO decent enough to contest even the bigger sides into having a tough game

I set up in a 4-3-3 with one player attacking, one player supporting or pulling the strings and of course a defensive minded player

The formation is downloaded from FM Base but it's modified quite a bit

My main concern is knowing how quick to play, how wide to play and how deep



This screenshot shows who I play where at the moment (Injuries may have forced a couple of changes but it's just to get an idea) and tbh I'm having little luck in the process. I use control for games where I know I'll have the play but I change it to rigid for other games such as away to Lyon or the likes of Marseille

My two wide men are set as wingers and for both generally speaking I have them as players that vary crosses and try to cut in when can, mainly due to Anelkas ability to come inside and commit players

Le Tallec is simply up-front alone because of his form however I'm finding it hard to tell what role to give him as he's equally good as an Advanced Forward, Poacher or Deep Lying Forward

Defensively my full backs do not run up they play short passes and have little creativity. This was due to the ones I played last year mainly as I was being battered down the flanks, centre backs are just as you'd imagine



This is my best 11 according to my assistant - I have 2-3 injuries from the above screen which means I can't field it right now but I feel I could get a top 10 place with it.

Team talks - I despise team talks as I never know what to say, if my side are favourites at home heavily I expect a win and tell guys whom have played well recently to pick up where they left off. Under performers with terrible morale I just say no pressure which I feel could be a mistake

If they are average performers which is high 6's for example I tell them if in good form that I have faith or otherwise I expect them to do well. Otherwise I just select for the fans if I'm unsure. Trust me though I do take the time to think these things through.

TV display - I do not view any 3D videos of the match, only 2D stills occasionally. Would it help more to use them? I feel I'm putting too much effort in anyway as I know people who blitz seasons and do well!

Coaches - 3 star pretty much throughout



Other noteworthy pieces of info
  • I always use backroom advice for training / scouting
  • My match preparation in this formation is 100 in everything
  • I discipline players when red carded
  • I do not attend press conferences ever besides transfer announcements
  • My training schedule is default not a downloaded one
  • My home record is worse than my away
  • I make three subs on average a game

Any advice is appreciated if you need more info let me know
I would try playing Anelka as the lone striker, instructing the main playmaker to supply balls to his feet. Perhaps employ Le-tallec in the hole, in a 4-2-3-1 system, with your 3 attacking midfielders being instructed to track back and close down all across the pitch. Alongside the DM I would have another midfielder as the deep playmaker, enabling them to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. Depending on the opposition you can always add the extra DM if you're still leaking goals.
Muerte al fascismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #2996 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Bradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,162
Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500Bradley 3001 - 3500
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Get a fast striker (not sure what Anelka's pace is) and have a playmaker behind him playing balls for the striker to run on to. For some reason, this always seems to get me goals on FM.
__________________
<a href=http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/1c/0,,10323~9903176,00.jpg target=_blank>http://www.cpfc.co.uk/javaImages/48/...9903176,00.jpg</a>
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #2997 (permalink)
Yoda's Apprentice
 
lord zordrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gosport England
Posts: 574
lord zordrak 251 - 500lord zordrak 251 - 500lord zordrak 251 - 500lord zordrak 251 - 500
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

not having the best 4th season with derby still top of the premier league but i seem to be leaking more goals than usual beat bolton 6-4 so i thought next time just to give them match experience i would use some of my youngsters and managed to win 7-0 heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAIECkPspY
lord zordrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #2998 (permalink)
Wrestling on the streets of Bris-Vegas
 
boyinaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 507
boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

As I'm really only a casual fan of the sport, I didn't think Football Manager would be for me. But I played the demo for FM 2011, and absolutely loved it. So I thought I'd buy the game and it's probably the most fun I've had with a game in AGES. But anyway, I have a question for you guys...

Sometimes, I see international manager jobs become available. But in the Job Centre, there are times when the "Apply" button doesn't appear when I select the job (Greece, Iraq and Cyprus for example). Why is that? Is it due to the database size? Is there any way I can make the button become available?
boyinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 AM   #2999 (permalink)
”GOLDADO!
 
Jobbed_Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,310
Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000Jobbed_Out 3501 - 4000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyinaus View Post
As I'm really only a casual fan of the sport, I didn't think Football Manager would be for me. But I played the demo for FM 2011, and absolutely loved it. So I thought I'd buy the game and it's probably the most fun I've had with a game in AGES. But anyway, I have a question for you guys...

Sometimes, I see international manager jobs become available. But in the Job Centre, there are times when the "Apply" button doesn't appear when I select the job (Greece, Iraq and Cyprus for example). Why is that? Is it due to the database size? Is there any way I can make the button become available?
It is due to the database size, I don't think you can do much about it without starting a new game. I always put as many leagues as my computer can handle to give me a wide range of players to select.
__________________
Jobbed_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #3000 (permalink)
Wrestling on the streets of Bris-Vegas
 
boyinaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 507
boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000boyinaus 501 - 1000
Default Re: *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbed_Out View Post
It is due to the database size, I don't think you can do much about it without starting a new game. I always put as many leagues as my computer can handle to give me a wide range of players to select.
Hmmm... I chose a "Large" database size when I started my game. Isn't that the biggest I can choose? How do I affect the countries that I can manage when I create a game?
boyinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios