So my dear gamers it is time for our MGS fandom to blossom and expand once more. I checked out all of 7 pages and did not see any MGS threads dropped on my eyes so it's only fair that I make this thread.
As many of you already know there was a lot of talk that MGS4 was supposed to be the last game(or at least that was a bad lie that no one really believed in as long as they could make more dough). Well as we all know Kojima-Kun didn't disappoint anyone and made it clear to us that this time might really be the last time. After MGS5 he wants to retire(hard to believe isn't it?)
None the less MGS5 has been confirmed by the man himself after much speculation and lots of disinformation. It seems that his graphical engine is good to go in order to make another awesome entry into this wonderful and breath taking series that most of us can't get enough of. We should see Phantom Pain coming out during the next generation which is knocking on our door step. Wonderful news is it not?
It seems that this time around even Kojima himself had hard time dealing with his own in game cutscenes and just the fact that they simply dragged on so heavily on the last game brought much criticism from the consumers(like it always does). He decided to finally make an actual stealth game(who would have seen that one coming right?). It seems this time around we will have an open world gameplay where we truly should have more choices. Choices like how to get to our mission objectives and by what means. More tactics and more stealth seems to be on the menu here my dear fans(and maybe even hardcore fans might want to give it a chance).
Much speculation has been made about the plot, the characters and this game in general. How everything will be tied together and told remains to be seen but looking at the success and innovation that Mr. Kojima brought to the gaming industry it is pretty safe to say that this game is in the right hands of an individual who knows how these games should be made.
So now without further foxhounds standing in our way let's begin this nice discussion.
You're Pretty Good now goes by the name cesaro_ROCKS. He mostly hangs out in the Pokemon thread.
Edit: As for Ground Zeroes, here are some highlights of an interview last week:
Not much new info, but highlights:
• MGSV is a huge game with a vast open world; Ground Zeroes serves as the prologue episode, a "first step in-between", so long-time fans aren't confused with the transition from linear to open-world.
• The slow-mo Alert evading bullet time shindig: was added because you can now be spotted from anywhere, 360 degrees. Kojima says, and I quote, "One thing I want to make clear is that this will not make the game much easier. With the stress and tension levels that players will experience going through the game, I can guarantee that it’s not going to make the game easier for anyone."
• He felt limited, tech-wise, with MGS4.
• MGS4 was a turning point, where Kojima decided he wanted to develop multi-platform.
• "MGSV will have many elements that aren’t limited to one console. You’ll be able to play the game on whatever you want, whenever you want."
• "Every time I make a new game, I have a feeling it might be the last time I make a game. So when I made MGS3 with Naked Snake, I never thought I’d still be working with the same character after so long—Naked Snake or Solid Snake or whoever. Naked Snake has more of a human side. He’s angry, he’s happy, he cries when he’s sad. I believe he’s someone the player can identify with. And lately I’ve been choosing to work much more with Naked Snake, because I like that about him a lot."
To those who loved this world...
and knew friendly company therein...
this Reunion is for you.
I was being sarcastic McQueen. Although many could argue that Raiden became badass once he became that cyborg in MGS4(or rather long before the start of that game.) Far too many would disagree with that though.
I doubt the memories will ever fade when we had to crawl through as Raiden in the second game without being able to play as Snake though the whole adventure.
Oh and didn't Japanese love that character? Just asking out of curiosity.
^Yeah that's pretty much what one would hear from the fans. Well I think at least he got some sweet ninja moves in that game. Although it still kind of became a Raiden/Rose/son cliche at the end. Why couldn't they just go with a bad ending for Raiden? They teased it and in the end all we got was these happy(well some of them just semi happy) endings.
Anyways as far as part 2 Raiden goes it only became interesting during his last convos with Rose. The whole crotch grab felt flat and unfunny. I mean I had no problems with him being a rookie but all his femininity or whatever kinda made me cringe at times.