TNA's attendance record? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:47 PM
LOLTNA
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Playoffs!
Posts: 10,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by validreasoning View Post
lockdown 2013 is tna largest domestic attendance at 6,700. their record attendance overall is wembley arena in january 2009
This right here

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App



Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb425 from THE BOARD
Mid-Atlantic is The Godfather, New Japan is The Shawshank Redemption, ECW is Pulp Fiction, WCW is the Mass Effect video game series, and TNA is 2 Girls 1 Cup.
Cliffy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
SharkShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newcastle Upon-Tyne, UK.
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: TNA's attendance record?

As far as I'm aware, it was in the Wembley Arena in London.
SharkShot is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Kane506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: TNA's attendance record?

LOCKDOWN 2013
Kane506 is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
QWERTYOP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Re: TNA's attendance record?

They get better attendances here in the UK routinely.

BELIEVE IN THE TITTY MASTER
QWERTYOP is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: TNA's attendance record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
Lockdown 2013 had 10,000 fans according to the sheets.
No dirtsheet reported that and the Arena wasn't even set up for that number.
TEWA is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
TheBeCaffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ft Worth, TX
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: TNA's attendance record?

Lockdown didn't seem that crowded. That may have been due to the goofy ass seating layout. Maybe is was the lackluster crowd.
TheBeCaffe is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Jof
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Jof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: TNA's attendance record?

I don't understand Why TNA never exploits the new york market like WWE does?
Jof is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: TNA's attendance record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEWA View Post
No dirtsheet reported that and the Arena wasn't even set up for that number.
Meltzer reported the 6,700 number while PWTorch, one of whom was actually at the show, said it was around 10,000. Obviously, TNA themselves never announced an official number, but they did say it was their best attended show of all-time (beating out the Wembley shows). Personally, after attending the last two London TV tapings and then seeing the BS numbers Meltzer reported for them (5,500 and 5,000, which in both cases was a couple of thousand+ below the real attendance) I don't consider Meltzer's TNA attendance figures to have any credibility whatsoever. Hence why I have an easier time believing the figure of the PWTorch guy who was actually in attendance for Lockdown. Either way, there's no way to know for sure what the real number was.

Last edited by pgi86; 10-17-2013 at 08:09 AM.
pgi86 is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: TNA's attendance record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof View Post
I don't understand Why TNA never exploits the new york market like WWE does?
Too expensive and too unionised.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pgi86 View Post
Meltzer reported the 6,700 number while PWTorch, one of whom was actually at the show, said it was around 10,000. Obviously, TNA themselves never announced an official number, but they did say it was their best attended show of all-time (beating out the Wembley shows). Personally, after attending the last two London TV tapings and then seeing the BS numbers Meltzer reported for them (5,500 and 5,000, which in both cases was a couple of thousand+ below the real attendance) I don't consider Meltzer's TNA attendance figures to have any credibility whatsoever. Hence why I have an easier time believing the figure of the PWTorch guy who was actually in attendance for Lockdown. Either way, there's no way to know for sure what the real number was.
I've no recollection of this "Torch guy" despite being a member there and yet again the building wasn't configured for 10,000.
TEWA is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
SWCCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: TNA's attendance record?

I was at Lockdown and from San Antonio and there wasn't 10,000 people there. I think 7,000 is a good estimate.
SWCCW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome