Could you book TNA better than TNA? - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Could You Book TNA better?

Yes 53 52.48%
No 26 25.74%
Maybe 22 21.78%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #51 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
SpecialFNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,209
SpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Vince Russo gets a lot of hate, yet at least his wrestling was exciting most of the time on TV. not all of his ideas were good, but he did have things that made you have to watch from week to week to week. which is part of what you want considering you're putting on a weekly TV show. Bruce Prichard was not that good in this area.
SpecialFNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #52 (permalink)
SOR
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
SOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,491
SOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missed
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

I think Russo is a worthwhile addition as a part of a committee I think he can give a lot of great interesting characters to undercard talent and that's how I'd utilize him.

When it comes to story lines and segment by segment booking I don't think he's that great but what do I know?
SOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #53 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,893
TheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth reading
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
lone shark is as shallow as they come

not to mention vague and ambiguous like most over achieving people in the world

dude unless this wannabe shows us some f***ing proof you're not going to get anywhere with him
I'd love you to justify calling me "shallow," since it'd be the last adjective that anyone who knows me would use as my descriptor.

I have no problem being an overachiever. Better than wasting my abilities.

I love that you guys think you've some God-given right to know who I am, and that it's more important than my actual right to privacy. Goading me won't make it happen, so you'll have to get over the fact that the onus is on you to attempt to categorically disprove what I say.

Also, swearing and losing your temper like an ungrateful teenager isn't getting you anywhere in life or this discussion. Really. It's not the way to win anyone's respect or confidence, and tends to be the last resort of the man with a limited vocabulary.
TheLoneShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
heyman deciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,748
heyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new hereheyman deciple better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
I find it oddly amusing that a man that has named himself "Heyman_Deciple" is sitting here and talking badly about someones business methods.

And just a note:

Paul Heyman's time as owner of ECW: 7 years

Dixie Carters time as owner of TNA: 10 years

You can label her a "clueless cunt" if you want (Stay classy, bro) but she's obviously not as clueless as everyone thinks if she's stayed in business for 10 years.
Dixie is still in business because her father runs a million dollar fucking energy company, the bitch is set for life despite not having to work a day in her life.

How did she get tied up with tna in the first place, she was running a promotions company that was going nowhere convinced her father to buy tna and here we are.

And most of the years of tna's existence shewasn'teen hands on, Jeff jarrett headed up the wrestling business. For good or bad, then Jeff got caught with his dick inside Kurt angle's wife and Dixie stepped in. And tna has been feeling the wrath of clueless cunt Dixie ever since.

She's not a wrestling person and she chooses to lean on people who already killed one company.
heyman deciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #55 (permalink)
SOR
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
SOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,491
SOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missedSOR probably won't be missed
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post
Dixie is still in business because her father runs a million dollar fucking energy company, the bitch is set for life despite not having to work a day in her life.

How did she get tied up with tna in the first place, she was running a promotions company that was going nowhere convinced her father to buy tna and here we are.

And most of the years of tna's existence shewasn'teen hands on, Jeff jarrett headed up the wrestling business. F

or good or bad, then Jeff got caught with his dick inside Kurt angle's wife and Dixie stepped in. And tna has been feeling the wrath of clueless cunt Dixie ever since.

She's not a wrestling person and she chooses to lean on people who already killed one company.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you in regards to whether or not Eric and Hulk killed WCW or not because the people who hate them will say they did always.

What I will argue is who Dixie has hired. She's hired many wrestling people who have been unable to do anything for TNA. Off the top of my head Bruce Prichard, Vince Russo come to mind. She's worked closely with Jeff Jarrett, Jim Cornette and tons of others and nobody has done squat for them really.

For people to sit here and say "Yeah, I could do a better job then Eric Bischoff" is incredibly silly and narcissistic. The guy was involved in wrestling probably before a majority of us were born. If TNA picked you or anyone else up from this forum, sat you in a booking office and said "Okay, now write me an hour and a half of television" it would suck and that isn't insulting you guys but the reality of the situation is nobody here knows how to write television that flows nicely segment to segment and is entertaining whilst also appealing to families, 20-40 year old men, children etc

We are smart marks on a message board. That is it, all we know is what Dave Meltzer tells us. That's our "inside info" on the sport. We do not know how to book a quality wrestling match. We don't know how to book a quality wrestling show and we definitely do not know how to write television or run the day to day inner workings of an international wrestling company let alone deal with entertainers, television networks and everything else people like Dixie and Eric have to deal with.

For you to sit there and call Dixie a "cunt" for simply trying to entertain you kind of shows what kind of person you are. If you hate Dixie and you hate Eric and you hate Hogan. Why post here? I don't like the WWE it doesn't appeal to me I hardly ever post over in the WWE section and when I do I definitely don't put anyone down and pretend I can do better then professional writing teams and staff.
SOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #56 (permalink)
RR
"I am the f*cking Game, JR!"
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: England
Posts: 3,355
RR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missedRR probably won't be missed
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
TNA World Heavyweight Title

TNA World Tag Team Titles
Full Metal Mayhem
The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Rockstar Spud & John Morrison (w/Rob Terry) (c) vs. Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian
Why would you reunite the Hardyz, they've both podged out and aged, especially when there are cheaper better tag teams e.g. Briscoes, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm as well as scouting Mexico and Japan. Also why phase out Joe, he'll only be 35/36 when Slammiversary next comes.

Last edited by RR : 10-16-2013 at 11:59 AM.
RR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu is an after thoughtnevereveragainu is an after thought
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
For people to sit here and say "Yeah, I could do a better job then Eric Bischoff" is incredibly silly and narcissistic. The guy was involved in wrestling probably before a majority of us were born. .
the guy wants a career elsewhere therefore he is a liability

whereas we would give tna suggestions FOR FREE, do the math!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
If TNA picked you or anyone else up from this forum, sat you in a booking office and said "Okay, now write me an hour and a half of television" it would suck and that isn't insulting you guys but the reality of the situation is nobody here knows how to write television that flows nicely segment to segment and is entertaining whilst also appealing to families, 20-40 year old men, children etc .
1. tna have 1 million stubborn viewers that have been there for years now, so your statement on demographics is trivial

2. how about you give me the best example of someone on here writing a tv show for tna and then tell us why it would suck before you jump to conclusions

3. that is insulting, ignorance doesn't count as evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
when I do I definitely don't put anyone down and pretend I can do better then professional writing teams and staff.
professional writing teams made Garbage Pail Kids, Birdemic, Victory road 2009, Garfield The Movie, New Blood Rising, Twilight, Juarez: The Cartel and got paid to do it

"professional" has no f**ing meaning anymore and besides crap is crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
We are smart marks on a message board. That is it, .
Fred and Smosh were just kids with webcams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
we definitely do not know how to write television or run the day to day inner workings of an international wrestling company let alone deal with entertainers, television networks and everything else people like Dixie and Eric have to deal with..
just stay the course within reason and tell them to f**k off, that's the beauty of contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
For people to sit here and say "Yeah, I could do a better job then Eric Bischoff" is incredibly silly and narcissistic. .
prove it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
That is it, all we know is what Dave Meltzer tells us. That's our "inside info" on the sport. We do not know how to book a quality wrestling match. We don't know how to book a quality wrestling show.
there's also interviews, shoot videos, a lot of the time they act out of character, besides its all displayed for us in the show itself, match results and how they were achieved actually do tell half the story, its not f***ing rocket science

but it takes a truly gifted creative mind to take pro wrestling to the next level while he/she is at it
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
I'd love you to justify calling me "shallow," since it'd be the last adjective that anyone who knows me would use as my descriptor..
how long have you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
I have no problem being an overachiever. Better than wasting my abilities.
oh I wasn't calling you an overachiever, I was using them as an example but then how would I know about your situation, could you give me a clue?

overachievers are one of the biggest barriers to world peace you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
I love that you guys think you've some God-given right to know who I am, and that it's more important than my actual right to privacy. Goading me won't make it happen, so you'll have to get over the fact that the onus is on you to attempt to categorically disprove what I say. .
dude either put up or shut up, no literally I mean it, if you have nothing factual or productive or prgressive to add then close your account, show that you've got a f***ing backbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
Also, swearing and losing your temper like an ungrateful teenager isn't getting you anywhere in life or this discussion. Really. It's not the way to win anyone's respect or confidence, and tends to be the last resort of the man with a limited vocabulary.
you've obviously haven't heard of James Rolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
Vince Russo gets a lot of hate, yet at least his wrestling was exciting most of the time on TV. not all of his ideas were good, but he did have things that made you have to watch from week to week to week. which is part of what you want considering you're putting on a weekly TV show. Bruce Prichard was not that good in this area.
Lost made you want to watch every week and we all know how that ended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
I find it oddly amusing that a man that has named himself "Heyman_Deciple" is sitting here and talking badly about someones business methods.

And just a note:

Paul Heyman's time as owner of ECW: 7 years

Dixie Carters time as owner of TNA: 10 years

You can label her a "clueless cunt" if you want (Stay classy, bro) but she's obviously not as clueless as everyone thinks if she's stayed in business for 10 years.
is it fair to compare someone with an unlimited budget and little to no budget

and before you say it, wwf doesn't count, once they had Austin beating up vince they had a guaranteed franchise after that

Last edited by nevereveragainu : 10-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,893
TheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth readingTheLoneShark has posts worth reading
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRat View Post
Why would you reunite the Hardyz, they've both podged out and aged, especially when there are cheaper better tag teams e.g. Briscoes, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm as well as scouting Mexico and Japan. Also why phase out Joe, he'll only be 35/36 when Slammiversary next comes.
A Hardy Boys reunion, with the right storyline, would sell tickets and PPVs because they're one of the greatest tag teams of all time. I'd never hire the Briscoes, because they're a PR disaster, and Jonny and Jody aren't exactly young and fresh anymore, nor are they draws in the US. We're discussing booking a mainstream promotion, not a second-rate British Indy.

Why phase out Joe? Because I want guys who want to work, not a guy whose work ethic is so poor that he let his conditioning go to shit and started phoning in his matches. If it was the hungry, committed 2005 Joe, I'd never even consider it. The lazy, complacent 2013 Joe has nothing to offer me.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
TheLoneShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu is an after thoughtnevereveragainu is an after thought
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
Why phase out Joe? Because I want guys who want to work, not a guy whose work ethic is so poor that he let his conditioning go to shit and started phoning in his matches. If it was the hungry, committed 2005 Joe, I'd never even consider it. The lazy, complacent 2013 Joe has nothing to offer me.
wow, something you and I can actually agree with

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
A Hardy Boys reunion, with the right storyline, would sell tickets and PPVs because they're one of the greatest tag teams of all time. I'd never hire the Briscoes, because they're a PR disaster, and Jonny and Jody aren't exactly young and fresh anymore, nor are they draws in the US. We're discussing booking a mainstream promotion, not a second-rate British Indy..
1. this whole "with the right storyline, if booked right, if handled right" thing is starting to sound more like a copout

2. tna isn't mainstream, instead it's sought of inbetween, in limbo

3. jody has retired whereas johnny, in his more recent years, is far from second rate

4. hardys WERE one of the best, but what have they done recenty? hmm?

5. short term thing like a wrestling legends convention/tour the hardys would make money, but as a long term thing though, not so much

Last edited by nevereveragainu : 10-16-2013 at 04:41 PM.
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #60 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
SpecialFNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,209
SpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSSpecialFNK was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

I never watched Lost so I don't really know what went on. but I do know it was an incredibly huge TV show.
if ratings are so important to people, then you should want people to watch every single week, so that the ratings would be better.
but when the product isn't as exciting and viewers can miss 2 to 3 weeks worth of shows then that's going to show in the ratings. then people want to blame Hogan because the ratings suck.
SpecialFNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios