Could you book TNA better than TNA? - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Could You Book TNA better?
Yes 53 52.48%
No 26 25.74%
Maybe 22 21.78%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obby View Post
you would fire samoa joe and keep rob terry?
I can use Rob Terry creatively... as an enforcer/bodyguard type. I wouldn't use him in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
lol @ Abyss making 400k a year. stop pretending you know anything please.
He was reported to be making around $350k a year a couple of years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
lol @ theloneshark doing his gimmick in this thread.
I wasn't aware I had a gimmick. Am I supposed to? What's yours? Loathing those of us who wish to engage and add something more than blind hatred to a discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
The main issue with all of that is you can't get rid of Hulk Hogan, Sting etc. Those are the only guys TNA have and TNA can't build more stars due to their size. The company even if booked well isn't going to be hitting 2.0's by 2015 at best you're looking at Smackdown numbers and even that is a bit hopeful.

You could get rid of Hulk and Sting but who is going to replace them? Your only real options are big name WWE cast aways and the only ones likely to leave WWE in the next 2 years are Orton (If he fails another drug test) and Rey Mysterio (Who is so injured he probably will get fired soon enough)

Apart from that your options are really Batista (Who is a movie star now) or Goldberg (Who wants to be overpaid, and rightly so)

As for the numbers, Hulk is apparently working for about 400k a year now in his new deal that he has yet to sign. Sting has always been around the 250-300k mark and Joe, Abyss etc probably wouldn't be making that much. I think at best you'd hit the million dollar mark and a guy like Batista or Goldberg would probably want around double that.
I disagree re: Hogan and Sting. Neither is delivering stellar numbers in the ratings, and they certainly wouldn't drop below 1.0s without them, which I can live with as a starting point. And who would replace them? Take your pick. With the right promotion, anyone I position on top and get over when I've advertised enough to hook new viewers is the replacement. Although, obviously, if Orton or Rey were available, I'd take them. Goldberg wouldn't even warrant consideration.

Regardless of numbers, I've got a huge pool on indy talent from around the world to pick from, and if I offered the vast majority of them $40-50k a year downside and the chance to be on national TV every week - as well as allowing them to take indy dates and work AAA/NJPW - they'd rip my arm off.

Last edited by TheLoneShark; 10-16-2013 at 01:26 AM.
TheLoneShark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 AM
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

pretending you've been a booker, pretending you've been a wrestler, pretending you have any idea what you're talking about etc.


#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline  
post #43 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
lolomanolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
         
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

You'd have to answer to Dixie and the network and deal with budget constraints, so the job isn't as easy/fun as it may sound.
lolomanolo is offline  
post #44 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
pretending you've been a booker, pretending you've been a wrestler, pretending you have any idea what you're talking about etc.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that you had any clue who I am. Because clearly you don't.

I've no need to pretend anything, and green is such an ugly colour on you. If you had any idea what you were talking about, it'd be very obvious that I'm very aware of what I'm talking about.
TheLoneShark is offline  
post #45 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 AM
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

you're right i don't. please enlighten us on where you've booked and what name you wrestled under.


#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline  
post #46 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
you're right i don't. please enlighten us on where you've booked and what name you wrestled under.
Which would defeat the purpose of my very deliberately having never done that. I'll take a lack of credibility over a lack of anonymity. I like being able to discuss wrestling without having to plays politics all the time.

Still, feel free to attempt to prove I'm making it up. I mean, if you're so convinced, you must have proof, right?

I mean, unless you've got the experience in the business to categorically say I'm wrong about anything - which having seen your posts, would be more shocking than a Chris Benoit ROH Title reign - then I'm not sure you can really comment.
TheLoneShark is offline  
post #47 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:56 AM
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

why would have i have to prove you're making it up? the burden of proof is on you. you're the one citing "your experience" all the time despite the fact that you've never once proven anything you claim is actually true.

if the burden of proof is on others then in that case i'm a former rasslin' writer, road agent and pro grappler too. not gonna reveal my identity either b/c i still work in Stamford.


#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline  
post #48 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Working on my abs
 
heyman deciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolomanolo View Post
You'd have to answer to Dixie and the network and deal with budget constraints, so the job isn't as easy/fun as it may sound.
No one should have to answer to Dixie, she's a clueless cunt who lacks even the. Most basic understanding of the wrestling business. Which is mind boggling considering how long she's been in the business, no wonder she loved Vince Russo, he was in the business longer than her and he too lacks even the most basic understanding of the wrestling business.

He's what Dixie should do, let mommy Janice handle pay roll, hire a real honest to goodness wrestling person to run the wrestling side and get the fuck out of the way.

You know how things ran before she overreached and thought she herself could run a fucking wrestling company.

Fuck hire court Bauer, hire gabe sapolsky, hire whoever the fuck you want... Dixie just get the fuck away from the wrestling business. I'd like an actual, honest to goodness alternative to wwe to exist and your royally fucking up any chance of that ever happening.
heyman deciple is offline  
post #49 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocknerd94 View Post
No and that goes for most people on here. There is so many things bookers have to deal with and to be honest most people would have a nervous breakdown. You have to deal with egos of wrestlers, injuries, releases, and higher ups all screwing with your ideas. Also it is easy to have a good idea but to be able to use it and make it work is a completely different thing. Also being able to have longevity is hard as well. Most people would have writers block within weeks.
just drop most of the title belts and keep it simple and streamline, 'cause you know, you can do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocknerd94 View Post
Those guys could get away with it because they had big names and Dixie was in awe of them. Everybody here would have the network and the Promotion on our backs the first time something goes wrong.
unless the network are gonna pull the plug just move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S.I.I. View Post
lol, you guys are so out of touch with reality.
explain
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S.I.I. View Post
Most of this site would flame out in 2 months tops. Having 2 good ideas doesn't mean you can write a television show for a career or manage the personalities that come with every business and profession. Stick to the Be the Booker section and the daily "29 changes TNA should make" thread.
explain
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterSmith View Post
It's a learned skill for sure. Not everyone can do it. There's a million things to think about. For one, you can't always book what you want. Some people won't go for it, the wrestlers, the company, the TV execs. People get injured.

You have to book a few for yourself and a few for "Them." This is something all artist struggle with. What's your audience? Your audience might like things that you don't. How much should you cater to the public and how much of your booking should be based on your own self expression?

I like to think I'd be good at it. I understand story structure, I'm not dogmatic about the roles of pro wrestlers. I would love to play on old cliches. And more than anything, I would constantly be starting new angles and wrapping up old ones. I'd look at every month as a new chapter. Very few feuds would last more than one PPV.

But there's no way to tell, in the end. Except to get involved with the wrestling industry. I plan to start my own promotion at a later point in my life. But until then, it's fun to talk about.
1.the wrestlers are under contract just tel them to suck it up fuck off and do what they're told

2.injuries are bad but not definitive

3. like anyone should do just keep your options open

4. no-ones says you can't keep the wrestling shows and the tv shows on a separate continuity

wow continuity, that would make an interesting thread sometime
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOR View Post
Lol at the people saying "yes" you're all smart marks on your computers just like me and everyone else on this message board.

Could I book TNA better than TNA? No and nobody else here could. Most people here have suggestions that consist of "Fire Hulk, Sting, Hardy, Angle, Bully and hire Kevin Steen and The American Wolves".
[img]http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-use-your-imagination-7.png[img]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Primer View Post
Perhaps. It's booking wrestling, not some overly complicated equation that takes the greatest minds in the world to assess. .
some wrestling apologists just cant deal with reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
lol @ theloneshark doing his gimmick in this thread.
lone shark is as shallow as they come
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneShark View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that you had any clue who I am. Because clearly you don't.

I've no need to pretend anything, and green is such an ugly colour on you. If you had any idea what you were talking about, it'd be very obvious that I'm very aware of what I'm talking about.
not to mention vague and ambiguous like most over achieving people in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
why would have i have to prove you're making it up? the burden of proof is on you. you're the one citing "your experience" all the time despite the fact that you've never once proven anything you claim is actually true.

if the burden of proof is on others then in that case i'm a former rasslin' writer, road agent and pro grappler too. not gonna reveal my identity either b/c i still work in Stamford.
dude unless this wannabe shows us some f***ing proof you're not going to get anywhere with him
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post
hire whoever the fuck you want... Dixie just get the fuck away from the wrestling business. I'd like an actual, honest to goodness alternative to wwe to exist and your royally fucking up any chance of that ever happening.
well said

Last edited by nevereveragainu; 10-16-2013 at 03:42 PM.
nevereveragainu is offline  
post #50 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM
SOR
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
SOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,064
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
                     
Re: Could you book TNA better than TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post
No one should have to answer to Dixie, she's a clueless cunt who lacks even the. Most basic understanding of the wrestling business. Which is mind boggling considering how long she's been in the business, no wonder she loved Vince Russo, he was in the business longer than her and he too lacks even the most basic understanding of the wrestling business.

He's what Dixie should do, let mommy Janice handle pay roll, hire a real honest to goodness wrestling person to run the wrestling side and get the fuck out of the way.

You know how things ran before she overreached and thought she herself could run a fucking wrestling company.

Fuck hire court Bauer, hire gabe sapolsky, hire whoever the fuck you want... Dixie just get the fuck away from the wrestling business. I'd like an actual, honest to goodness alternative to wwe to exist and your royally fucking up any chance of that ever happening.
I find it oddly amusing that a man that has named himself "Heyman_Deciple" is sitting here and talking badly about someones business methods.

And just a note:

Paul Heyman's time as owner of ECW: 7 years

Dixie Carters time as owner of TNA: 10 years

You can label her a "clueless cunt" if you want (Stay classy, bro) but she's obviously not as clueless as everyone thinks if she's stayed in business for 10 years.
SOR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome