TV Title? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Actor in the making
 
TheatricalEssence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 6,135
TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000TheatricalEssence 1501 - 2000
Default Re: TV Title?

Good point actually, totally forgot Devon even had it. I think it does have the potential to be similar to the IC or US championships. Give it to a talented mid-carder (Samoa Joe was a good choice) and center some feuds around it and make it matter again.
__________________
TheatricalEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
shandcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,844
shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Yeah with only 4 ppvs and "One night only" Being non belt concept events. It would be best to only strictly defend the world title on those 4 events.

Which makes the TV belt acutely exciting if it was acutely defended every single week. Imagine defending it every week and holding it for months at a time.You would be a fighting champion and it would hold value in that sense.Its so simple and i dont know why they dont keep up with it.

Hell if they want to keep it on someone they can cheat or whatever like devon.
shandcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mrs. Austin Aries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Formerly from Tokyo
Posts: 950
Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

When they do stuff like this, it makes me worry that they're really just trying to phase belts out, hoping people won't notice they're not being used, hoping people will stop caring. It will not surprise me in the least if they have just quietly phased out the Knockouts Tag belts. I think that's what they did. That they're "leaving it (TV title)" on Devon makes me worry that it's really just gone, period. Or they're trying to figure out what to change it to. Because why have it if it won't be defended? Why do the companies themselves seem to forget that a title is only as important as 1. the person who holds it 2. (which is sub-point of one) how important you make it? Aces and Eights aren't doing crap - put the title on Joe and give him more time on screen. He'd know what to do with it. smh Why is it so hard for them to multitask with their belts/divisions?
__________________
Pro-wrestling is almost dead. Or maybe it died already and didn't realize it.
Mrs. Austin Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Mike Zybyszko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The school of hard knocks.
Posts: 2,148
Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000Mike Zybyszko 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Well, maybe Roode and Aries will succeed in collecting all of the TNA title belts. Perhaps then they can unify a couple of them to both simplify the title scene, and make the remaining titles mean more in kayfabe terms.
__________________
"If anyone asks you if you've paid your dues, you tell 'em the check is in the mail."

Not removing until:

[ ] Hulk Hogan vs Hawk Hogan
Mike Zybyszko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
shandcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,844
shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zybyszko View Post
Well, maybe Roode and Aries will succeed in collecting all of the TNA title belts. Perhaps then they can unify a couple of them to both simplify the title scene, and make the remaining titles mean more in kayfabe terms.


True that could be good.Or they could acutely defend say the TV belt every week.That would add value with them being the champs.

They keep talking about it.Makes me think they might acutely do this. I would be fine with them holding every belt. Id like Roode to hold the world title again though. Aries can get the x belt.

They are probably just talking shit though. Either way this group really is a force.
shandcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FutureHBKisHERE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 98
FutureHBKisHERE 50 - 100
Default Re: TV Title?

Problem with defending the TV Title every week is that sooner or later it becomes too predictable that the challenger is gonna lose. It is highly unlikely that the champ will lose the belt and we will have a new champion every week or every 2 weeks. And if that did happen, it would just make the wrestlers look like paper/transitional champs. It wouldn't do the belt any good aswell, because it would just get tossed around between wrestlers.

But they do need to come up with something for the belt.
FutureHBKisHERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
shandcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,844
shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHBKisHERE View Post
Problem with defending the TV Title every week is that sooner or later it becomes too predictable that the challenger is gonna lose. It is highly unlikely that the champ will lose the belt and we will have a new champion every week or every 2 weeks. And if that did happen, it would just make the wrestlers look like paper/transitional champs. It wouldn't do the belt any good aswell, because it would just get tossed around between wrestlers.

But they do need to come up with something for the belt.

Whats wrong with having a champion win every week and keep it for a few months ? That would make anyone look good.
shandcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
shandcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,844
shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000shandcraig 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHBKisHERE View Post
Problem with defending the TV Title every week is that sooner or later it becomes too predictable that the challenger is gonna lose. It is highly unlikely that the champ will lose the belt and we will have a new champion every week or every 2 weeks. And if that did happen, it would just make the wrestlers look like paper/transitional champs. It wouldn't do the belt any good aswell, because it would just get tossed around between wrestlers.

But they do need to come up with something for the belt.

Why cant they just win it every week and hold it for a few months.
shandcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
El Personas Campeón
 
El Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,421
El Taco 501 - 1000El Taco 501 - 1000El Taco 501 - 1000El Taco 501 - 1000El Taco 501 - 1000El Taco 501 - 1000
Default Re: TV Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfestivus View Post
At least Joe was defending it almost every week and PPV. Why they gave it back to Devon I have no idea. It's basically a prop once again.
I still think they should unify it with the X-Division title if they aren't going to use it (or just to use it - I see a benefit in having both it and the X-Divison title if they actually use both titles).. Though I have more of a problem with them still having the Knockouts Tag-Titles - they should just abandon them --- still listed as Championships on TNA's roster page after not having been on TV in how long? Just get rid of them (was never a fan of having tag-titles for a division of ten people max)....
__________________
Events Attended: Pay-Per Views: Elimination Chamber 2012, Bragging Rights 2010, WrestleMania 22, Judgment Day 2005 --- RAW: 2/20/12; 8/29/08; 4/3/06; 11/14/05 --- SMACKDOWN: 9/6/13; 7/22/11; 7/14/06; 11/18/05; 1/22/04; 9/12/02 --- House Shows (RAW Brand): 1/31/03; 4/23/04 --- House Shows (SMACKDOWN Brand): 8/16/03; 12/28/12; 7/6/14 --- IMPACT: 3/21/13; 3/14/13 --- Ring Of Honor: 4/27/07; 8/25/06,
El Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
There are many copies... and they have a plan.
Premium
 
SrsLii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 1,055
SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000
Default Re: TV Title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandcraig View Post
Yeah with only 4 ppvs and "One night only" Being non belt concept events. It would be best to only strictly defend the world title on those 4 events.

Which makes the TV belt acutely exciting if it was acutely defended every single week. Imagine defending it every week and holding it for months at a time.You would be a fighting champion and it would hold value in that sense.Its so simple and i dont know why they dont keep up with it.

Hell if they want to keep it on someone they can cheat or whatever like devon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandcraig View Post
True that could be good.Or they could acutely defend say the TV belt every week.That would add value with them being the champs.

They keep talking about it.Makes me think they might acutely do this. I would be fine with them holding every belt. Id like Roode to hold the world title again though. Aries can get the x belt.

They are probably just talking shit though. Either way this group really is a force.
Actually. Not acutely. Actually.
SrsLii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios