WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues - Page 16 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Either way, this won't hurt TNA one bit and generates some buzz around them.



The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrott View Post
But he did it with pretty every other start up. Also he told fighters to think wisely before signing with Bellator. Not to mention his desire to stick the knife in with Spike whenever possible.

Very poor example.
I'm very aware of that but that's nothing compared to what Vince is trying to do.
The Tony is offline  
post #153 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals
 
Kevin McCallister's Home Defense Planner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The County of Kings
Posts: 7,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
LMAO at TNA marks being so mad. Vince has always been a ruthless business man since he first took the company over from his father. He did this same exact thing to WCW, and we all know what he did to the territories in the 80's. That's what he does during perceived competition. Read a book marks.
This. It's just good business.

Kevin McCallister's Home Defense Planner is offline  
post #154 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Strongside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

When selling a product, you need to appeal to your market, you need to draw them in and sell yourself. This is why Coke and Pepsi market their products differntly while selling pretty much the same thing. If Pepsi were to go out of business does that mean Coke would rake in a huge profit?

No.

Infact the death of Pepsi would damge the Cola market, which would in essence deflate sales of Coca Cola. Why? Becuase with no competition interest in Cola would go down therefore while Coca Cola now own the market they will not reap as many rewards as one might think.

The same can be said for wrestling. When WCW died did those fans then suddenly tune into WWE? No. They didn't otherwise WWE ratings would have doubled. Instead they stopped watching because their brand of choice was no longer around. They had had thier ability to pick something for them taken away and therefore no amount of Marketing by WWE is going to bring those fans in. (The same can be said for ECW fans and Attitude Era fans who stopped watching once that era was over, they only tune in every so often if someone like The Rock makes a return.)

So if WWE fans and wrestling fans tuned into TNA, and TNA started to take hold of a decent sized chunk of the Market, then WWE would benefit, not just financially but creatively. For wrestling to make a come back guess what people need to start doing? WATCH MORE WRESTLING. Not just WWE. It's simple. So if you want change in WWE, if you are growing tired of it; then watch TNA, give their ratings a boost and WWE will take notice. Instead of shitting on them and repeating things others say about the product. Just because you like The Walking Dead doesn't mean you can't watch Game of Thrones; this is how ridiculous wrestling fans are.

I watch both WWE & TNA, I enjoy both just like I enjoy Japanese Wrestling and Lucha.

Strongside is offline  
post #155 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
When selling a product, you need to appeal to your market, you need to draw them in and sell yourself. This is why Coke and Pepsi market their products differntly while selling pretty much the same thing. If Pepsi were to go out of business does that mean Coke would rake in a huge profit?

No.

Infact the death of Pepsi would damge the Cola market, which would in essence deflate sales of Coca Cola. Why? Becuase with no competition interest in Cola would go down therefore while Coca Cola now own the market they will not reap as many rewards as one might think.

The same can be said for wrestling. When WCW died did those fans then suddenly tune into WWE? No. They didn't otherwise WWE ratings would have doubled. Instead they stopped watching because their brand of choice was no longer around. They had had thier ability to pick something for them taken away and therefore no amount of Marketing by WWE is going to bring those fans in. (The same can be said for ECW fans and Attitude Era fans who stopped watching once that era was over, they only tune in every so often if someone like The Rock makes a return.)

So if WWE fans and wrestling fans tuned into TNA, and TNA started to take hold of a decent sized chunk of the Market, then WWE would benefit, not just financially but creatively. For wrestling to make a come back guess what people need to start doing? WATCH MORE WRESTLING. Not just WWE. It's simple. So if you want change in WWE, if you are growing tired of it; then watch TNA, give their ratings a boost and WWE will take notice. Instead of shitting on them and repeating things others say about the product. Just because you like The Walking Dead doesn't mean you can't watch Game of Thrones; this is how ridiculous wrestling fans are.

I watch both WWE & TNA, I enjoy both just like I enjoy Japanese Wrestling and Lucha.
The thing oyur missing is WCW almost beat WWE. it may be better for a few years but pepole keep forgeting that odds are OPNE WILL LOSE you cant keep that up for ever in most cases

So no its not better for them as they may get improved numbers but they may also lose and Vince dont want to go trhough that again.

As for the fans thing, I disagree, bunch of WWE fans watched tna, and they alos watched WCW many have and do swithc, dose it double? no but raitings dont mean anything anymore anyways since no one watchs live

Tell me which is better staying on top for as long as you can or letting an up start come in to power with an equal chance of beating you?

coke and Pepsi are a lone exception, few and few betwen while most end with one or the other lossing, or them not
"competing" at all

Fuck Rayfu, its time for a ban!

Last edited by Rayfu; 02-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Rayfu is offline  
post #156 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
When selling a product, you need to appeal to your market, you need to draw them in and sell yourself. This is why Coke and Pepsi market their products differntly while selling pretty much the same thing. If Pepsi were to go out of business does that mean Coke would rake in a huge profit?

No.

Infact the death of Pepsi would damge the Cola market, which would in essence deflate sales of Coca Cola. Why? Becuase with no competition interest in Cola would go down therefore while Coca Cola now own the market they will not reap as many rewards as one might think.
wwe is more like Nintendo, they can and will self sustain on their own because of their universal yubickqudy, so of course they would want any and all resistance sitting in the video librruay over at titan towers, even if they dont make one penny off of them, its the all about the god complex within the McMahon circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
Either way, this won't hurt TNA one bit and generates some buzz around them.
how the heck does it?
nevereveragainu is offline  
post #157 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
how the heck does it?
It raises awareness around the fact TNA is touring and that vince is "allegedly" worried about it. It's the perfect rumor to spread around.



The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline  
post #158 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
It raises awareness around the fact TNA is touring and that vince is "allegedly" worried about it. It's the perfect rumor to spread around.
It isn't a rumour WWE have already booked venues in reaction.
frankrott is offline  
post #159 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrott View Post
It isn't a rumour WWE have already booked venues in reaction.
My bad



The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline  
post #160 of 174 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: WWE trying to block possible TNA taping venues

Portraying TNA as the victims is a joke. This is typical wrestling stuff and it's not like TNA hasn't made moves in the past to screw with other companies. One more recent example I can think of the ROH/Kenny King situation.
Jaysfromnyc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome