TNA is going on the road starting in March! - Page 42 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #411 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandcraig View Post
Sure does look a lot more like a wrestling company and sure does look better with that name above it. When advertising for another event.

I didnt think that video was the companies ad until i saw it on the show tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBp10It5GA


I bet sooner then later they will acutely promote the main part just like that .As they are all ready doing it. All part of the transition.

What?
RedwineRaider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #412 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Searching for a new identity
 
Loopee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Your Mum.
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwineRaider View Post
Then you and I aren't at odds here. I never said they should change the name to WCCW or AWA. That's something you pulled out of the collection of posts whenever you said the IWC shouldn't name things. I agree with you - today a legit name isn't necessary because wrestling has been exposed. Honestly I don't like the ROH name, but to each their own. It seems that the "honor" thing could only go so far as mainstream appeal goes.

So whatever I said that might have offended you, my apologies. But clearly we were on the same page from the start.
It's cool. I've been a dick, but I just hate when people trash the TNA name (not that I think it's a good name at all) and then give these half assed names. Massive pet peeve. I personally don't bother, because I know I suck at things like that, but I know a bad name and I'm pretty aware of how things may or may not be taken by the general public.

In terms of marketability, TNA is a better name than "Impact Wrestling" or even just "Impact". Of course, I can be proven wrong, but common sense just tells me that you're more than likely gonna have someone tune in to something they have no idea about over something they KNOW they don't wanna watch just down to the name alone. Over here, if I turn the channel, it tells me what's on before a picture comes up, so if I'm not interested based on the name, I'm moving on before I see anything.

But yeah...we were pretty much on the same page. As for ROH...it's a cool name. The best? Nah. The concept? It could work and could help establish heels a whole lot more if there's an actual code and could actually set itself away from the traditional pantomime style wrestling has got used to, but there are flaws to it.
Loopee is offline  
post #413 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Bowlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

shandcraig, you're name related postings are getting really stale. Get over it, the TNA name is going to stay and there's nothing wrong with that.

The G.O.A.T. below

Bowlen is offline  
post #414 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
shandcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
           
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Some of those arenas are very smart. That arena Bellator is in tonight is perfect for Impact Wrestling. They would sell out an event at that place.
shandcraig is offline  
post #415 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                 
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

* March 14th: Chicago, Illinois
* March 28th: Jonesboro, Arkansas
* April 11th: Corpus Christi, Texas
* June 6th: Duluth, Georgia

MTheBehemoth is offline  
post #416 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheBehemoth View Post
* March 14th: Chicago, Illinois
* March 28th: Jonesboro, Arkansas
* April 11th: Corpus Christi, Texas
* June 6th: Duluth, Georgia
Goldberg.
The Tony is offline  
post #417 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandcraig View Post
Some of those arenas are very smart. That arena Bellator is in tonight is perfect for Impact Wrestling. They would sell out an event at that place.
They also announced it in advance. I expect a sell out for the show in Atlanta.
The Tony is offline  
post #418 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
They also announced it in advance. I expect a sell out for the show in Atlanta.
They'll probably have a good crowd, but the Gwinnett Center holds about 13,000. They drew about 4,000 for BFG 2007 there (I was one of them!)
hu_baddboi is offline  
post #419 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Rickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tony View Post
Goldberg.
Tony...pls.


You know you remember this.
Rickey is offline  
post #420 of 436 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: TNA is going on the road starting in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopee View Post
It's cool. I've been a dick, but I just hate when people trash the TNA name (not that I think it's a good name at all) and then give these half assed names. Massive pet peeve. I personally don't bother, because I know I suck at things like that, but I know a bad name and I'm pretty aware of how things may or may not be taken by the general public.

In terms of marketability, TNA is a better name than "Impact Wrestling" or even just "Impact". Of course, I can be proven wrong, but common sense just tells me that you're more than likely gonna have someone tune in to something they have no idea about over something they KNOW they don't wanna watch just down to the name alone. Over here, if I turn the channel, it tells me what's on before a picture comes up, so if I'm not interested based on the name, I'm moving on before I see anything.

But yeah...we were pretty much on the same page. As for ROH...it's a cool name. The best? Nah. The concept? It could work and could help establish heels a whole lot more if there's an actual code and could actually set itself away from the traditional pantomime style wrestling has got used to, but there are flaws to it.
I agree. TNA isn't a bad name but I do understand the double connotation along with it. I wish they had come up with a better all around name when they first started the company. "Total Nonstop Action" just sounds ridiculous, but if they just do an orphan initialism and use the TNA acronym only, much like WWE does now, I can see it staying. Just do no refer to "Total Nonstop Action" at all -- it's way too contrived.

ROH isn't the worse name, it's just not a favorite of mine. I can see the point about heels as I've always thought that myself. It's interesting in that regard but I don't think it's something the masses could get behind. Wrestling is so attached to a formula in the modern era that I don't think hardcore fans let alone casuals would appreciate such a change.
RedwineRaider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome