Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation - Page 17 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Should TNA have allowed Jeff Hardy to keep the title despite being unable to show up?

No, TNA made the wrong decision, he should have lost the title before the tour. 61 83.56%
Yes, TNA made the right decision here by keeping the belt on him and writing him off screen. 12 16.44%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #161 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Scavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,409
Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500Scavo 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling immortal View Post

So yeah daniels needs a proper build into the title, and winning it now and having a month reign would mean little in my opinion.
Let me put to ya in this way:

If it was the other way around, and Daniels (I'm his mark) is the World Champion and can't go to the UK, and Hardy (who I do NOT hate, but doesn't do much for me) and isn't well built for the title, I'd book Hardy to win the WHC against Daniels this Thursday. Clear?

Bottom line, FOUR weeks without the man representing your company, without your TOP dog, your main target, is just wrong.

Now, if they vacate the belt on January 31st, and crown the next/new champ in the UK, I'll admit I was wrong about this. But even then, I'd stilly say Daniels should've beaten Hardy this Thursday.
__________________
Scavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #162 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Hazza905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 123
Hazza905 0 - 49
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Jeff was heavily promoted, was the main face on each poster etc.

__________________
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/may2012/8/7/axl-rose-and-guitarist-ron-thal-178040144.jpg
Hazza905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #163 (permalink)
I AM NOT A BUTT!
 
Chrisp_Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,633
Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Intern Champ. they do it in the UFC - BOOK IT GABE!!!
__________________
Chrisp_Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #164 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,080
21 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 500021 - 1 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza905 View Post
Jeff was heavily promoted, was the main face on each poster etc.

Well in that case, I hope they've made provisions for refunds.

Although truth be told I can still see it from their side. I wouldn't really think twice about putting the face of my company on all the promotional material for an overseas tour. It's just common sense.

Even with that conviction behind him, I guess, as has been said, they were just a little too hopeful that he'd be allowed entry.

Obviously that's now backfired and they're probably left with a whole bunch of very pissed off fans.

It's a shitty situation but ultimately I guess nobody is to blame... except Jeff.
21 - 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #165 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
COPkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 204
COPkilla 101 - 250COPkilla 101 - 250
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Well no, TNA is to blame for their false advertising.
COPkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #166 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
soulstealer13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
soulstealer13 50 - 100
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation (Spoilers inside)

Hey everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post.
I'd like to say that I went to the TNA live event in Wembley, London just yesterday and I thought it was great. It was my second time going, (I went last year as well) and I thought it was a great night all year round. Of course it would have been good to see Jeff Hardy there and wrestling because he's an exceptional wrestler when he's doing well and no doubt the crowd would have been even more electric. Alas not, however it was still a great night and although it certainly would have been good to see a world title match I don't think not having one defined the tour.
So it certainly would have been nice but overall it was still a great evening.
soulstealer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #167 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mrs. Austin Aries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Formerly from Tokyo
Posts: 950
Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000
Default Re: Jeff not visiting UK this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by estorilblue View Post
Much drug mockery in the comments that followed!


Anyway, I find Hardy a boring champion, and I can see both sides of the argument (especially, 1. he was advertised, 2. no champion on the tour looks bad to people, 3. people take exception to him being champion or him not being on the tour because of his priors) but I actually don't see it as big a deal in that I would be annoyed if they flip-flopped the belt just because he couldn't come on the tour. I'd like a better reason for someone to become champion than that, and given that people complain so much when titles change hands often, I feel as I do. Now, if they took it off him and kept it on someone else, then okay. But don't make a "tour champion" and then give it back to him just because he couldn't come. I think they really thought that he would be able to, thus the advertising; otherwise, they could have stuck Hogan front and center and called it a day and still had people come.

Welcome, soulstealer13!
__________________
Pro-wrestling is almost dead. Or maybe it died already and didn't realize it.
Mrs. Austin Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #168 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
soulstealer13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
soulstealer13 50 - 100
Default Re: Jeff not visiting UK this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Austin Aries View Post


Anyway, I find Hardy a boring champion, and I can see both sides of the argument (especially, 1. he was advertised, 2. no champion on the tour looks bad to people, 3. people take exception to him being champion or him not being on the tour because of his priors) but I actually don't see it as big a deal in that I would be annoyed if they flip-flopped the belt just because he couldn't come on the tour. I'd like a better reason for someone to become champion than that, and given that people complain so much when titles change hands often, I feel as I do. Now, if they took it off him and kept it on someone else, then okay. But don't make a "tour champion" and then give it back to him just because he couldn't come. I think they really thought that he would be able to, thus the advertising; otherwise, they could have stuck Hogan front and center and called it a day and still had people come.

Welcome, soulstealer13!
Thanks!

I can see your point about him being a boring champion. I think it was always inevitable because it was part of his comeback. I'm not sure what he'll do once he loses the title. Will he be like other former champions and keep trying to get it back or will he go for some of the other title?
I think it would be good to have a different champion. It was a nice change to see Christopher Daniels as main contender for the world title.
soulstealer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #169 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mrs. Austin Aries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Formerly from Tokyo
Posts: 950
Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000Mrs. Austin Aries 501 - 1000
Default Re: Jeff not visiting UK this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstealer13 View Post
Thanks!

I can see your point about him being a boring champion. I think it was always inevitable because it was part of his comeback. I'm not sure what he'll do once he loses the title. Will he be like other former champions and keep trying to get it back or will he go for some of the other title?
I think it would be good to have a different champion. It was a nice change to see Christopher Daniels as main contender for the world title.
You're welcome.

And I agree. I would like to see what kind of World Champion Daniels would be. Seeing Aries feud with him for the title would be fun.
__________________
Pro-wrestling is almost dead. Or maybe it died already and didn't realize it.
Mrs. Austin Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #170 (permalink)
The Middle Rope
 
kurtmangled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,895
kurtmangled 251 - 500kurtmangled 251 - 500kurtmangled 251 - 500kurtmangled 251 - 500kurtmangled 251 - 500
Default Re: Jeff Hardy UK Tour Situation

Haha this was obviously planned by TNA because Hardy isn't allowed into the U.K because of his criminal record. Very sneaky indeed.
__________________
kurtmangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios