Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
CoRyP2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Posts: 3,115
CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopee View Post
The company isn't new anymore. In this day and age, it doesn't count. You could've pulled that til about 07 or so. Now? With all the names that went there to either help or get a contract cause they got released from the E....people know of the company. It's been about for a while. It's gained a reputation and the product isn't that engaging anymore because there's nothing new about it. As I said, it's just there.
I have to agree with this. TNA just assumes that fans are going to flock to them when they've done little to nothing to get them to do so. Hopefully this eventually changes but sadly it probably won't.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic184699_1.gif
Bah Gawd! Good Ol' JR's Impact Wrestling
My BTB, check it out!

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...wrestling.html
CoRyP2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #52 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
TNAmarkFromIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 1,456
TNAmarkFromIndia 251 - 500TNAmarkFromIndia 251 - 500TNAmarkFromIndia 251 - 500TNAmarkFromIndia 251 - 500
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Its you who obviously has no idea what they are talking about. Most of the other shows on Spike pay to be on their channel or have a give and take type of deal. A wrestling promotion is a completely different kettle of fish from every other show. Not every show spans over two hours to increase their viewership average. Every other show on Spike gets far more ad revenue because people simply wont sponsor TNA. They have a shitty local Direct Auto Insurance deal but thats about it. Spike is all about inexpensive programming. Spike has spent 10s of millions of dollars on TNA and they arent even a profitable business. Do you think if TNA was their main priority they'd have bumped them for Bellator? Spike owns a share in Bellator, so its not even a question they are the main priority.


They dont have TV deals in over 120 markets. Thats just a lie. And in the countries they are on, they are on at an ridiculous time in the morning. All those deals internationally are subject to whether they are in business or not. And if they lost Spike they would go under.

This isn't even speculation. In 2014 TNA could die if Spike chose not to renew. Or if WWE and Spike came to terms by offering Smackdown as a lead in to Bellator and they kicked TNA off the air. I'm not saying that will happen, but there is always a strong possibility. Everyone knows it anyway, so why are you getting all defensive.
Agree with everything you said. Also on the point of TNA being the highest rated show on Spike, here is what some of the other shows on the network have been getting:

Eddie Murphy: One Night Only Special (Wednesday at 5 PM)- 1 million viewers
Ink Master (Tuesday 10 PM)- 1.5 million viewers
Tattoo Nightmares (Tuesdays 11 PM)- 1.4 million viewers
Bar Rescue (Sunday 9 PM) - 1.2 million viewers
Auction Hunters (Wednesdays 10, 10:30 PM)- 1.1 million viewers
MMA Uncensored Live (Thursdays)- 500,000-700,000 viewers
World's Worst Tenants (Tuesdays at 10:30)- 800,00-900,000 viewers

Impact didn't have a good 2012 in terms of viewership. And TNA costs Spike a lot more than any of these other shows do. Spike spend a lot on TNA. Even some of the top TNA talent are paid for by Spike. When it doesn't yield the results they want, what will they do? They cut it off. If Spike cuts TNA, I don't know how they would survive. TNA is only alive because of Spike. They don't have a massive PPV revenue, they don't earn much through ticket sales. They could get another TV deal, but it would most likely be a pretty shitty deal.
TNAmarkFromIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Nitro_4_Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury Canada
Posts: 589
Nitro_4_Life 251 - 500Nitro_4_Life 251 - 500Nitro_4_Life 251 - 500Nitro_4_Life 251 - 500Nitro_4_Life 251 - 500
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

I believe the problem with TNA not selling well yet has to do with the fact that since they are still growing their product fans aren't willing to purchase tickets for their shows in blind faith like they do with WWE. TNA needs to start promoting their main event now and consider a big name for the special event if they want to see ticket sales increase. Lockdown is still months away.
__________________


The Return
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post12172777
Review 4 Review
Nitro_4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,565
King_Of_This_World 251 - 500King_Of_This_World 251 - 500King_Of_This_World 251 - 500King_Of_This_World 251 - 500King_Of_This_World 251 - 500
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Its you who obviously has no idea what they are talking about. Most of the other shows on Spike pay to be on their channel or have a give and take type of deal. A wrestling promotion is a completely different kettle of fish from every other show. Not every show spans over two hours to increase their viewership average. Every other show on Spike gets far more ad revenue because people simply wont sponsor TNA. They have a shitty local Direct Auto Insurance deal but thats about it. Spike is all about inexpensive programming. Spike has spent 10s of millions of dollars on TNA and they arent even a profitable business. Do you think if TNA was their main priority they'd have bumped them for Bellator? Spike owns a share in Bellator, so its not even a question they are the main priority.


They dont have TV deals in over 120 markets. Thats just a lie. And in the countries they are on, they are on at an ridiculous time in the morning. All those deals internationally are subject to whether they are in business or not. And if they lost Spike they would go under.

This isn't even speculation. In 2014 TNA could die if Spike chose not to renew. Or if WWE and Spike came to terms by offering Smackdown as a lead in to Bellator and they kicked TNA off the air. I'm not saying that will happen, but there is always a strong possibility. Everyone knows it anyway, so why are you getting all defensive.
Wrong, TNA is Spikes best rated regular program (i.e a weekly show) all year long, they also are in over 100 nations (the last figure I saw was over 120) worldwide and get paid for each of them - http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...cast-Schedules

I'm not getting 'defensive' at all, I just see that all the posts you make in the TNA section are complete fabrications, scaremongering and nonsense. People like you have been at it for years and have yet to be proved remotely right about the 'upcoming demise' of TNA.

TNA is not 'dying' and is not going to 'die' anytime soon. Business is down, that doesn't mean they are going to go bust.
King_Of_This_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 572
iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

well actually i looked at it and there are many seats left but the building is too big. they had sold close to 2000 tickets but they are going for 6-7 k ish seats so it looks like it's poorly sold. i didn't count upper tied or even those sections were it looked like i hadn't sold out but rather was not open yet(137, 136 , 102 and 202-236 sections) so i say 2000 ish is pretty solid considering it's been on sale for short of a month and there is still two months left ( not counting the walk-up crowd ) .
iMMORTALTNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Of_This_World View Post
Wrong, TNA is Spikes best rated regular program (i.e a weekly show) all year long
Are you reading what I am saying? I said (if you could actually understand my point) that unlike the rest of the shows Spike has to pay maintenance on a live show and TNA takes up a two hour block. Of course its the highest rated show. Its also Spike's most expensive show to run on a weekly basis. Putting on a live two hour show ran from a location outside Spikes homebase every week is extremely costly to produce. The fact its the highest rated show means Spike has to pay ridiculous money to maintain it.

Quote:
they also are in over 100 nations (the last figure I saw was over 120) worldwide and get paid for each of them - http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...cast-Schedules
Do you see 120 countries there? I certainly dont. And if you read it, it says TNA broadcasts something called "TNA Classics" in certain countries. That means they have a deal in to show a few matches per week just to try and get a bit exposure. Why send me a link where it doesnt prove your point?

Quote:
TNA is not 'dying' and is not going to 'die' anytime soon. Business is down, that doesn't mean they are going to go bust.
But its NOT speculation. In 2014 TNA COULD go bust. Thats simple as that. Again, Im not saying it will. But it could If Spike dont want to maintain TNA anymore, TNA couldnt afford to run without the Spike deal.

Last edited by Diesel_Power : 01-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 572
iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500iMMORTALTNA 251 - 500
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Do you see 120 countries there? I certainly dont. And if you read it, it says TNA broadcasts something called "TNA Classics" in certain countries. That means they have a deal in to show a few matches per week just to try and get a bit exposure. Why send me a link where it doesnt prove your point?
yeah , dude , you tell them. TNA is Stupid and airs programs in different countries for no money! you know , they are crazy! /sarcasm
iMMORTALTNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #58 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu 101 - 250nevereveragainu 101 - 250
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Of_This_World View Post
TNA is not 'dying' and is not going to 'die' anytime soon. Business is down, that doesn't mean they are going to go bust.
but it also doesn't mean they can't secure any shares and money made by other companies so that they can at least say they tried

Last edited by nevereveragainu : 01-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMMORTALTNA View Post
yeah , dude , you tell them. TNA is Stupid and airs programs in different countries for no money! you know , they are crazy! /sarcasm
They do. I know this for a fact. Its called "exposing your product". TNA used to pay Bravo and The Wrestling Channel to air their shows over here and it eventually paid off because Sky picked them up. The fact you dont get that amuses me greatly. Do you think thats hundreds of markets that WWE are in are all being paid for by TV companies? Absolutely not. To grow your brand you have to pay or give footage to expose your show. Why would a TV channel in Singapore pay TNA to air their footage if there is no demand for it.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
hahawas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 859
hahawas 101 - 250hahawas 101 - 250
Default Re: Tickets for Lockdown not selling well at all

So because TNA didn't get 0.1 of what they did last year, they're suddenly going to get cancelled and they will get brought out by WWE next year? Some people overreact far too much. Most of the "evidence" on here can't be completely verified because no one knows TNA's financials.
__________________
What if WCW won the Monday Night Wars?

Here's what I think would have happened: http://inthesquaredcircle.blogspot.c...ight-wars.html
hahawas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios