I love the direction TNA has been going, so much freshness, from the aces and eights to the world title picture that is so well stacked, they are finally firing on all cylinders.
I love that after a decade of WWE light and Wcw 2.0, Tna is finally pushing its young guys to carry the show And although Rvd, Chavo & Bully are not young guys.....they are playing their positions to the best of their abilities and not hogging any of the spotlight.
Originally Posted by Seven Sheps a-swimmingView Post
It's Aries trying to get in Bully's head again but for totally different reasons. The story behind this is real solid and has Aries in a cocky role and Bully wanting to pulverise him, much like Sacrifice but at the same time everything's changed. Seriously hoping they just get the time to go out there and tear the house down because it's not like the ppv is accomplishing anyway, at least give me a MOTYC and no Hogans. plz
Very good point. That's why the dynamic this time is intriguing. At the root of who Bully and Aries are as characters, physically and in personality remain. Only now it is not only about the competition but with the Brooke/Hulk aspect thrown in the mix it adds another layer and makes the bout more personal. I liked the determination Aries had to attain reciprocity against the Bully at Sacrifice. Aries' "cockiness" then was David's defiance of Goliath's power. This time Aries "cockiness" is of evil intent and Bully will use everything in his power to smash this little prick finally after all the insults and prying into his relationship (whatever it is) with Brooke. I also share your feelings that the match should go 1 on 1 in its entirety with plenty of time. Do the added angle stuff with Brooke/Hulk afterward.
See, I fear that they'll put a stigma on what could be another unbelievable match between Bully & Aries by having Brooke or Hulk, or both, get involved. I know they're part of the story. Only they need to do the involvement pre or post match. Let the match between the two great characters evolve on it's own. It's one pessimistic view that I'm almost certain will occur.
X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Rob Van Dam -c- Vs. Kenny King
- This one suffers from rushing someone into the contenders spot. It is a case that is all too typical in this day and age. Win one match and you get the title shot. It's that simple! However, I am glad that they've brought Kenny King back and hopefully he shows off well enough to get featured more often. I'll go with Rob Van Dam to retain.
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez -c- Vs. Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan
- Yet another case of rushing a contender, probably due to the fact that the tag team division doesn't have a whole lot of depth at the moment. I like how TNA handled Joey Ryan's introduction and quest to get a contract with TNA. Since then though he has been rushed into two straight title matches with little build where as if it were up to me, he would probably still be on the path to facing RVD for the title next month. Oh well, this is our tag title match and hopefully it is good. I wouldn't be shocked if Ryan & Morgan actually won the titles and that is who I'll go with. It just seems like the more interesting option and they've put way more into Ryan & Morgan as characters than they have Chavo & Hernandez (BTW, isn't it strange that Morgan & Hernandez is happening AGAIN?!?!).
Tara -c- Vs. Mickie James
- We've seen this match a dozen times, but it is nice to see Mickie back on TV and on PPV. And the matches these two had together in 2010 were some of the best womens matches TNA has ever produced (not up to the level of Kong/Gail, but still pretty solid). I don't see Tara losing the title here as they seem to want to push her as the top girl for now, so I'll pick her to win it.
EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Wes Brisco, & Garrett Bischoff Vs. The Aces & Eights
- I think we can count on Devon & DOC being two of the four members. After that, it is anybody's guess. Anyways, I don't see The Aces & Eights getting beat here as they seem to want to keep building their heat. It'll be interesting to see how they do it though. I think most of us are expecting Brisco & Bischoff to ultimately be revealed as members of the group. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that here, maybe even do a bit where Wes & Garrett get "taken out" in some unseen attack, forcing Joe & Angle to go at it 4 on 2 and then Wes & Garrett help out As&Es and are unmasked after the match. I'm just throwing ideas out there.
Austin Aries Vs. Bully Ray
- The storyline is stupid. Immensely stupid. I could not possibly care any less if Brooke Hogan & Bully Ray are having an affair. It makes no difference to the show or to me and it just feels like yet another weak attempt to create soap opera drama, which they failed miserably at with the Claire Lynch angle just a few months ago. All of that said, it feels like they are going to build up Aries as a top heel rather than what we had gotten at Bound for Glory & Turning Point which felt like more of a rush job. The Lockdown Main Event is most likely going to be Aries/Hardy III and they are probably going to start him off on that run right here, so count on an Aries victory. I expect a very good match though as the bout they had at Sacrifice earlier this year was damn good.
ONE LAST TIME
AJ Styles Vs. Christopher Daniels
- They are calling it "One Last Time" and I pray to God they are telling the truth. I can't take this match anymore. Yes they have good matches. Yes they work well together. But for heaven's sake, we have seen this match more times that I feel I can only describe it in hyperbolic terminology. For me, the best way to go here would be to have Christopher Daniels finally get a significant PPV victory over AJ, and then continue the AJ Styles storyline where he feels like he's lost his touch in whatever direction they want to go in.
TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Jeff Hardy -c- Vs. Bobby Roode
- Well Hardy ain't losing the belt. This is just a throwaway title match that they slapped on because they feel like they have to have a World Title match and Roode is their best heel, so bing bang boom, there you go. Hardy will win in what I am sure will be a good match between these two (I thought they had a very good match at Genesis earlier this year minus the DQ finish).
So yeah, this card isn't bad, but it is very rematch heavy and doesn't have a whole lot of intrigue surrounding it. It feels very "paint by numbers" formula stuff which is kind of a disappointing way to close out the PPV year for the company.
WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING NEW WEBSITE
I really hope that Daniels will beat AJ in a clean way and than AJ finally do his heel turn.
bully ray vs Aries has the potential to be the best match of the PPV. Aries was simply brilliant in the recent weeks and I'll be cheering for him.
There is one thing that really bothers me in this card. All of the matches are normal match, Id like to see some stipulations. Something like falls count anywhere for the x division title, no DQ between Daniels and AJ.
I thought Styles/Daniels could have been a cage match for the ONE FINAL TIME encounter. That gimmick would have given a sense of finality to a feud that has ran so long. Although I can see how one more wrestling match to prove the better man ONE FINAL TIME does that as well.
^Another reason why I think that show should only have two cage matches (Lethal Lockdown & a title/grudge match) because of overuse of the gimmick in one PPV when it could be an option for other feuds throughout the year.