Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion - Page 34 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Stroking is the Antidote
 
Stroker Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by septurum View Post
5.5/10. Not a bad show overall but there was nothing great. Plus, the unspeakable horror of Hardy's inner monologue. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in wrestling. How the fuck can we hear a guy's thoughts? Makes no sense.
It's a television show.

Stroker Ace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
septurum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 5,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoneyBea View Post
It's a television show.
No shit. That doesn't mean they can put stuff on that is completely unrealistic. It just doesn't work for me.


Last edited by septurum; 11-16-2012 at 01:42 AM.
septurum is offline  
post #333 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 AM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
Tessmacher does stink, but she had the best Knockouts match of the year. Something Mickie hasn't even come close to doing since she joined the company. The division is still gonna be in the crapper no matter what.
I would argue that Mickie's cage match with Tara is better than any match Tess has ever had. The division is probably still going to be in the crapper, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoneyBea View Post
It's a television show.
Yeah, but it's a wrestling television show. Having him narrator at the beginning of the show is fine, but having him have an internal monologue directly after a conversation breaks the suspense of disbelief and the tone the show has set.

JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
post #334 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Bowlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickey View Post
You didn't like Mickie's match with Gail at Final Resolution last year or their main event on Impact from last year? Thought they both were good and probably her best matches in TNA along with maybe the Street Fight with ODB and the Cage Match with Tara.
Agreed. These matches were all good, especially the Main Event match against Gail Kim from the last Impact of 2011. I would rank the match in the ***-range easily (not just for women's standard).

The Sacrifice 2012 match of Tessmacher and Gail told a good story (rep goes to Kim), but still featured botchy work of Brooke. The best Knockouts match of the year remains the Six Corners match (Hogan's first GM show) for me. It told more than just one story, was of good length and every woman was given enough time in the ring to showcase what they got. No botches as well and the crowd loved it.
Bowlen is offline  
post #335 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
I would argue that Mickie's cage match with Tara is better than any match Tess has ever had. The division is probably still going to be in the crapper, though.
I'm a story guy. I'll take the Gail/Tessmacher match that was surrounded the use of the Eat Defeat over a meh steel cage match. Plus it comes down to Mickie James just being a piss poor worker. Don't have to point out that Tessmacher is b/c that's something everyone knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlen View Post
Agreed. These matches were all good, especially the Main Event match against Gail Kim from the last Impact of 2011. I would rank the match in the ***-range easily (not just for women's standard).

The Sacrifice 2012 match of Tessmacher and Gail told a good story (rep goes to Kim), but still featured botchy work of Brooke. The best Knockouts match of the year remains the Six Corners match (Hogan's first GM show) for me. It told more than just one story, was of good length and every woman was given enough time in the ring to showcase what they got. No botches as well and the crowd loved it.
lol @ women's standards. Even if using a biased system such as that the match wasn't anything special. I swear if someone sees a women's that goes longer than 4 minutes it can automatically get slapped with a label that it is "good".

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #336 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Bowlen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
lol @ women's standards. Even if using a biased system such as that the match wasn't anything special. I swear if someone sees a women's that goes longer than 4 minutes it can automatically get slapped with a label that it is "good".
Not at all. Remember the Steel Cage match between Mickie and Madison on Impact this year? It sucked and it was close to 10 minutes long. Gail vs. Mickie on Impact was indeed good wrestling from the start to the finish and like every move had a meaning. It's OK that you dig the Tess/Gail match for the Eat Defeat focussed storyline whatsoever, but stop making James and the match worse than she is and it was. Never read before that someone doesn't like the match. Some even compared it to Kong/Gail in terms of quality. I don't agree with that, nothing in mainstream ever touched this or even came close, but the Mickie/Kim match was good. Just admit it for once. What was bad about it?
Bowlen is offline  
post #337 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion

I guess is what IMPACT will be until next year.
Roncaglione is offline  
post #338 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlen View Post
Not at all. Remember the Steel Cage match between Mickie and Madison on Impact this year? It sucked and it was close to 10 minutes long. Gail vs. Mickie on Impact was indeed good wrestling from the start to the finish and like every move had a meaning. It's OK that you dig the Tess/Gail match for the Eat Defeat focussed storyline whatsoever, but stop making James and the match worse than she is and it was. Never read before that someone doesn't like the match. Some even compared it to Kong/Gail in terms of quality. I don't agree with that, nothing in mainstream ever touched this or even came close, but the Mickie/Kim match was good. Just admit it for once. What was bad about it?
It wasn't anything special. None of the control segments were engaging, the wrestling was sub-par, yada yada yada.

You know, the stuff that makes a match blah. I'll go out on a limb and say it was decent at best.

Gail vs Tessmacher was the first Knockouts match that I didn't dislike since about 2009. It's been a black area for a while.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #339 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Wall
Posts: 3,523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion (No Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony316 View Post
In terms of in-ring performance, 2012 was a great year for AJ.
he's always had great years in tna.

even in 2003 when no remembered what happened, and in the god-awful 2010.
Das Wunderberlyn is offline  
post #340 of 403 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
zkorejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official 11/15 Impact Wrestling Discussion

Hearing Hardy's thoughts is one of the most idiotic ideas. They need to get rid of it, it kills all the seriousness. It was cool just the first time.

THE REBEL

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic196587_40.gif
zkorejo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome