Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

AJ Stylles had done good for the TV Title. Back in 2009 he used the Legends Championship in the Main-Event Mafia feud as a way to propel himself into the Main-Event. He also built it up as a mid-card title during his feud in 2010 with Douglas Wllliams, but now as of 2012, Samoa Joe is the current TV Champion. Both men, who are like brothers to each other, want the title to propel themself to the Main-Event. But for Joe, beating AJ is more then just getting himself back into the Main-Event. It's about proving that he was always good as AJ as everything, that it's about getting the recognition he deserved, that for every thing AJ has done for TNA, Joe was there to help him, that he doesn't get the markeability and credit that AJ has always gotten. This would be a good feud to boost the credibility of the TV Title and both stars who are kind of stuck in limbo, If done right this could be Cena/Batista esque.

What do you think?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Gone. Be back next Monday!
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44,753
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

I'm fine with it. They need to actually have a TV title feud instead of random title defenses solely based on him being the "TV" champion. I said a while ago that the TV title division could be great for main-event guys who need to temporarily take a step back from the World title scene.

Headliner is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
CradleShockSabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Nation of Violence
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

We've seen Joe/Styles so many times already, and let's be honest they're never going to reach the heights they did at Turning Point 2005. I quite like the way they're using the TV title now. Joe's building himself back up with it slowly and using it to re-establish the dominant streak he had back in 2005. I'm expecting a long title reign from Joe and that's how he can propel himself back into the main event. I think there's still more to come out of his feud with Magnus as well, hopefully that doesn't fizzle out.

AJ on the other hand could go straight in tomorrow and not look out of place. I'd like to see him in feuds with people we haven't seen him wrestle much - guys like Storm, Hardy and Aries. We've seen Styles/Angle, Styles/Joe and especially Styles/Daniels so many times.
CradleShockSabin is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CradleShockSabin View Post
We've seen Joe/Styles so many times already, and let's be honest they're never going to reach the heights they did at Turning Point 2005. I quite like the way they're using the TV title now. Joe's building himself back up with it slowly and using it to re-establish the dominant streak he had back in 2005. I'm expecting a long title reign from Joe and that's how he can propel himself back into the main event. I think there's still more to come out of his feud with Magnus as well, hopefully that doesn't fizzle out.

AJ on the other hand could go straight in tomorrow and not look out of place. I'd like to see him in feuds with people we haven't seen him wrestle much - guys like Storm, Hardy and Aries. We've seen Styles/Angle, Styles/Joe and especially Styles/Daniels so many times.
How can he feud with Storm, Hardy, & Aries when they're all faces.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JaredStyles96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Ultimate X structure
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
How can he feud with Storm, Hardy, & Aries when they're all faces.
Aries is a face?


Sig credit to: Praetorian Guard.

Favourite Five

1. AJ Styles.
2. Austin Aries.
3. Christopher Daniels.
4. Bobby Roode.
5. Bully Ray.
JaredStyles96 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

I just wish they got rid of the TV Title and had everyone either chase the tag titles or x division title. X Division needs help bad! why not put Samoa Joe, AJ, Daniels, Kaz, and etc. Back into the X Division they could help bring life to it again!
Tonafide is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
AJ Stylles had done good for the TV Title. Back in 2009 he used the Legends Championship in the Main-Event Mafia feud as a way to propel himself into the Main-Event. He also built it up as a mid-card title during his feud in 2010 with Douglas Wllliams, but now as of 2012, Samoa Joe is the current TV Champion. Both men, who are like brothers to each other, want the title to propel themself to the Main-Event. But for Joe, beating AJ is more then just getting himself back into the Main-Event. It's about proving that he was always good as AJ as everything, that it's about getting the recognition he deserved, that for every thing AJ has done for TNA, Joe was there to help him, that he doesn't get the markeability and credit that AJ has always gotten. This would be a good feud to boost the credibility of the TV Title and both stars who are kind of stuck in limbo, If done right this could be Cena/Batista esque.

What do you think?
i think im the only one who notices the problem here

AJ HAS BEEN IN THE MAIN EVENT MULTIPLE TIMES HAS WON THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MULTIOLE TIMES ASWELL, AS WWE HAS SHOWN US IT DEVALUES THE WORLD TITLE WHEN FORMER CHAMPIONS GO AFTER WHAT SHOULD BE LESSER TITLES

HE HAS HIT HE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN HE ISN'T SOME SPRING CHICKEN TRYING TO PROVE HIMSELF HE IS JUST ANOTHER VICTEM OF TNA'S INCOMPETANCE

THE FACT THAT THEY HAD TO PUT THE BELT ON HIM JUST TO LEGITIMIZE IT SHOWS HOW MUCH OF A POINTLESS FAILURE OF A BELT IT IS

Last edited by nevereveragainu; 10-27-2012 at 06:46 PM.
nevereveragainu is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

TV title has less credibility than Diva's Title.
We have seen some great matches between AJ and Joe so why not
Masquerade is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredStyles96 View Post
Aries is a face?
Yes, He isn't insulting the fans, He isn't being cocky, He just wants to surpass Hardy.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Samoe Joe vs. AJ Styles-Television Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
We have seen some great matches between AJ and Joe so why not
look to AJ vs Angle and AJ vs daniels for further info
nevereveragainu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome