Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 332 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?
Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3311 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrounded by the morons on WF
Posts: 7,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
You can be interested all you want, there will never be a house show you will pay money to see involving Taz or a PPV you will buy to see Taz in a match. TNA have WAY to many onscreen characters who dont wrestle.

For the record, I really enjoyed the end angle. It was well done and the live crowd loved it. They just picked the wrong guy to turn.
One again you are expecting too much out of something TNA has done. I told you this a while back when you where complaining about this group in this thread. They didn't add Tazz to this group because he's supposed to be this big important member who will wrestle matches and be a beast like he used to be in ECW. He's just another small addition to the group who will most likely be the mouthpiece on commentary or something of that nature. People are right that they probably used him just as a way to shock people and have a reason to bring the aces and eights into the segment. What's the problem with that? Why are people so quick to rush this Angle? I'm not even that big of a fan of the angle but I don't constantly bash it whenever they add a small time member to the group because I'm too impatient to find out who the leader is right away. Slow builds are much better than long builds and I will judge this angle when I see the payoff which is something that a lot of people need to do instead of being pissed about something that happens along the way and predicting that everything will go downhill when it doesn't happen the way they want it too.
Theproof is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3312 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I love DBZ, but it was often times filled with filler so that they wouldn't catch up with the manga so quickly. This caused a lot of episodes to be mostly about dudes powering up. This is why DBZ Kai is better, imo.

JoseDRiveraTCR7 is online now  
post #3313 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
1. The casuals are probably going to like this for a little bit.

2. There are much more bigger problems hurting this angle than Taz joining them.



Bully for one. Also, this angle needs to be "rushed". The pacing is too damn slow. I feel like I'm watching DBZ episodes where all the characters do is power up.
Do you seriously believe people are going to watch to see a retired announcer talk for 20 minutes?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline  
post #3314 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
(Come Get It)
 
Miss Kana's Christmas Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
I love DBZ, but it was often times filled with filler so that they wouldn't catch up with the manga so quickly. This caused a lot of episodes to be mostly about dudes powering up. This is why DBZ Kai is better, imo.
This.

Miss Kana's Christmas Party is offline  
post #3315 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theproof View Post
One again you are expecting too much out of something TNA has done.
HAHA! OK, so you spend more money on commercials and adverts than any Impact in months. You promote the hell out of it by sending Bully Ray on radio shows across the country and to top it all off you build up this episode of Impact more than you do the PPV that is literally 25% of your business. And you say "you are expecting to much". This angle was their biggest angle in a long, long time. And you say that? Maybe you should raise your standards instead.

You dont get wrestling. Well done. Keep posting nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightedge891 View Post
Oh wow. TAZ isn't taking any bumps. Obviously useless.

Bully? Read the other post. Storm? That's even stupider? Neidhart? Just stop
Yes he is useless. If onscreen characters drew in TNA, Hogan would have taken them above what they are doing. Also, I read the other post. It was dumb.
Diesel_Power is offline  
post #3316 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I suppose Taz joining kinda makes sense. With Todd Kennely replaceing him and all..
Ring is offline  
post #3317 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
TasteOfVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssoeasy23 View Post
Do you seriously believe people are going to watch to see a retired announcer talk for 20 minutes?
We don't know what Taz future will hold. He could be the Aces and Eight commentator that is pro A's and Eight's and who knows the heel turn might make him more bearable.
TasteOfVenom is offline  
post #3318 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Brown Hippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
HAHA! OK, so you spend more money on commercials and adverts than any Impact in months. You promote the hell out of it by sending Bully Ray on radio shows across the country and to top it all off you build up this episode of Impact more than you do the PPV that is literally 25% of your business. And you say "you are expecting to much". This angle was their biggest angle in a long, long time. And you say that? Maybe you should raise your standards instead.

You dont get wrestling. Well done. Keep posting nonsense.


Yes he is useless. If onscreen characters drew in TNA, Hogan would have taken them above what they are doing. Also, I read the other post. It was dumb.
You have all the answers bro..

Brown Hippy is offline  
post #3319 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Working on my abs
 
itssoeasy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #VeryFallenChristmas View Post
We don't know what Taz future will hold. He could be the Aces and Eight commentator that is pro A's and Eight's and who knows the heel turn might make him more bearable.
So they might have their own announcer now? I though it was 2013, not 1997.

How long until they have their own PPV's?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I also can't believe how much you let Cena ruin your own lives by doing what he does.

You all may make fun of people with "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" for the young kids or marks or whatever, but you guys are even worse than them. You have this deep-seeded legitimate rage for Cena and his fans to the point where you let it affect your day to day life.

Grow up. Seriously.
Quote:
If you don't understand why John Cena wins all the time, maybe professional wrestling is not for you.
itssoeasy23 is offline  
post #3320 of 4984 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
(Come Get It)
 
Miss Kana's Christmas Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
HAHA! OK, so you spend more money on commercials and adverts than any Impact in months. You promote the hell out of it by sending Bully Ray on radio shows across the country and to top it all off you build up this episode of Impact more than you do the PPV that is literally 25% of your business. And you say "you are expecting to much". This angle was their biggest angle in a long, long time. And you say that? Maybe you should raise your standards instead.

You dont get wrestling. Well done. Keep posting nonsense.


Yes he is useless. If onscreen characters drew in TNA, Hogan would have taken them above what they are doing. Also, I read the other post. It was dumb.
If you want a huge swerve, wait til Lockdown. Right now, we're moving towards that. But count out those like Bully or Storm. Have some patience.

Miss Kana's Christmas Party is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome