Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 318 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #3171 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp_Morg View Post
"Nobody cared who we were, until we put on the masks"

It's an inventive way of introducing new characters.
That would be true if anyone cared about them with their masks on. Which they dont. And the masks are now coming off so by your theory nobody will care about them without the masks on again.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #3172 (permalink)
I AM NOT A BUTT!
 
Chrisp_Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,633
Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
That would be true if anyone cared about them with their masks on. Which they dont. And the masks are now coming off so by your theory nobody will care about them without the masks on again.
Quote my whole post if you are going to pick at it please.

You may even answer your own retort dipshit.
__________________
Chrisp_Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #3173 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 50 - 100
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

The majority of people bitching about the storyline are those that were expecting big reveals, I never let that cloud my judgement, and I am willing to give these guys a chance to prove themselves or fail. There is plenty of potential to go around even just with Knox and Doc, Fuck D-Lo and Devon, I'm happy with guys with tremendous potential getting a shot.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #3174 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Freeway.86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 590
Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000Freeway.86 501 - 1000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
The majority of people bitching about the storyline are those that were expecting big reveals, I never let that cloud my judgement, and I am willing to give these guys a chance to prove themselves or fail. There is plenty of potential to go around even just with Knox and Doc, Fuck D-Lo and Devon, I'm happy with guys with tremendous potential getting a shot.
I don't think the reveals have much impact, though they've certainly been lacking mainly because they're not handled in the best way. Take last weeks with Mike Knox. Firstly, Sting, Joe, and Angle are taking his mask off and they're not facing the hard camera. Second the director cuts away just as Knox's mask is taken off. These reveals have no resonance whatsoever. Devon was very similar.

Ultimately, the biggest flaw with this story, in my eyes, is that this group sucks. They lose every match, get beaten up by old guys like Sting and Hogan. They had Joe and Angle in a cage. They take out Angle, bust him open and they STILL lose when Angle pins one of them. We're supposed to treat this group as serious threats, but TNA's given us no reason to.

It's been 6 months yet we have no real idea why these men are even invading. Are they trying to take over TNA? Kill it? Why would they even want it? After this many months we need to know SOMETHING about them and their motives. Given this feels like the 8th time TNA's done this story of a group of invaders, fans can only care so much.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic143244_1.gif
Freeway.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #3175 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Stealth420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hayward,Ca
Posts: 177
Stealth420 0 - 49
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I personally think tna jumped the gun with this one because in the begining they had no idea who were going to be in a's and eights. They should have had all this planned out from the get-go. They look weak atm but you have to remember they tried to take out the champ back in September. All it takes is one big event for them to look strong.
Stealth420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #3176 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Liverpoolkelly7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 482
Liverpoolkelly7 101 - 250Liverpoolkelly7 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

although the story line hasn't lived up to its potential people have gotta understand is that it is helping the new wrestlers like gallows have meaning and a back story instead of debuting on their own from scratch.
__________________
FUCK RATINGS & "WHATS BEST FOR BUSINESS", I WANNA BE ENTERTAINED!
Liverpoolkelly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #3177 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp_Morg View Post
Quote my whole post if you are going to pick at it please.

You may even answer your own retort dipshit.
Didnt need to. The rest wasnt very interesting.

Also reported fro that last sentence. You showed me.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #3178 (permalink)
I AM NOT A BUTT!
 
Chrisp_Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,633
Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Didnt need to. The rest wasnt very interesting.

Also reported fro that last sentence. You showed me.


I don't think that much of what you post on here is interesting, but I still give it a fair read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp_Morg View Post
"Nobody cared who we were, until we put on the masks"

It's an inventive way of introducing new characters.

Now it needs to fix it to where they are introduced with credibility, not taking bumps for a 100 year old man.
Anyone can take half a post and make it look like the posters agenda is different, I wish I could report you for being a tool.

Never mind.
__________________

Last edited by Chrisp_Morg : 01-09-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Chrisp_Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #3179 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
CoRyP2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Posts: 3,151
CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000CoRyP2008 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway.86 View Post
I don't think the reveals have much impact, though they've certainly been lacking mainly because they're not handled in the best way. Take last weeks with Mike Knox. Firstly, Sting, Joe, and Angle are taking his mask off and they're not facing the hard camera. Second the director cuts away just as Knox's mask is taken off. These reveals have no resonance whatsoever. Devon was very similar.

Ultimately, the biggest flaw with this story, in my eyes, is that this group sucks. They lose every match, get beaten up by old guys like Sting and Hogan. They had Joe and Angle in a cage. They take out Angle, bust him open and they STILL lose when Angle pins one of them. We're supposed to treat this group as serious threats, but TNA's given us no reason to.

It's been 6 months yet we have no real idea why these men are even invading. Are they trying to take over TNA? Kill it? Why would they even want it? After this many months we need to know SOMETHING about them and their motives. Given this feels like the 8th time TNA's done this story of a group of invaders, fans can only care so much.
I have to agree with you here. The biggest issue with this storyline shouldn't be who's in the group, it should be that a) they don't seem that strong and b) we still have no idea what their purpose is. Sure they have their moments like when they're taking someone out but when it comes to actual in-ring matches, they're booked very weak. No one should expect them to win every match because that has the opposite effect (then they're "too" powerful) but you can have them lose without making it look bad. Then there's problem B. If we just knew what their deal was I think we could forgive a lot of things or at least things would start to make sense. They've taken people's desires for longer, more drawn out story lines and taken it to the extreme. There's still hope for them to turn things around but that hope is fading fast.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/xsigpic184699_6.gif.pagespeed.ic.Aeg7CquS2R.jpg
CoRyP2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #3180 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Gresty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,024
Gresty 251 - 500Gresty 251 - 500Gresty 251 - 500Gresty 251 - 500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

from tonight's show. Obviously Bully Ray is involved
__________________

My Wrestling Blog
Gresty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios