Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 283 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #2821 (permalink)
Quiet Humanoids!
 
TehBrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sin City, Lost Wages
Posts: 788
TehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
The "RIGHT NOW" generation would be relevant if this storyline hasnt been going on for six months. Long term booking is great if people actually gave a shit about the storyline. Long term booking should never include Festus, Mike Knox, Garrett Bischoff, D'Lo Brown Jerry Brisco's goofy son and Devon Dudley. Long term booking is meant to benefit business and create interest. This does neither.
a. It's good it's gone so long without them just throwing everything out there because then it would be "when will the aces and eights stable end, rather than the angle about them coming in. Maybe I should have said a year rather than half a year. Sounds better to me anyway. Honestly it didn't feel that long to me.. (Nexus on the other hand felt like it had gone on for decades after a couple weeks to me. It was soo incredibly horrible and stale that even punk couldn't make it the least bit interesting.)

b. Don't speak as though you speak for their whole audience. You don't. You speak for you. You have no clue if people other than you give a shit about the storyline.. Looking through just this thread I can see quite a few that do.. if the Bischoff math is right you can add on 10 people that watch that think like them that don't get on the internet to talk about it.

c. So you're just butthurt about who is in the group?

d. The players we know of thus far aren't bad. As I was reminded about 15 pages back in this thread, they had d-lo under a mask in place of Devon for weeks, what is there to make you think that some of the people under the masks right now won't be the people under them when the masks come off?

The "RIGHT NOW generation" thing is perfectly applicable.. I hope it goes on for another year and a half just to troll the people that want it over with right now.
__________________




Last edited by TehBrain : 12-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
TehBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #2822 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
a. It's good it's gone so long without them just throwing everything out there because then it would be "when will the aces and eights stable end, rather than the angle about them coming in. Maybe I should have said a year rather than half a year. Sounds better to me anyway. Honestly it didn't feel that long to me.. (Nexus on the other hand felt like it had gone on for decades after a couple weeks to me. It was soo incredibly horrible and stale that even punk couldn't make it the least bit interesting.)
Nexus were 50 times more over than the Aces and Eights. Nexus came in with a legit reason as to why they were there, they had a leader who could talk and it took a while for anyone to get the revenge on them. Sure it all fell apart after SummerSlam, but that is due to inept booking. The way they were presented initially was perfectly fine and gave the promotion a direction and created a group of fresh names on TV.

Quote:
Don't speak as though you speak for their whole audience. You don't. You speak for you. You have no clue if people other than you give a shit about the storyline..
All those people reaching for the remote and the fact Bound For Glory did worse than its done since TNA got on Spike TV should tell you all you need to know on that front. The TV audience aren't interested. And anyone who isn't a complete idiot would tell you kidnapping Joseph Park and building up the biggest show of the year where you unmask Devon Dudley is a retarded way of building to a climax.

Quote:
Looking through just this thread I can see quite a few that do.. if the Bischoff math is right you can add on 10 people that watch that think like them that don't get on the internet to talk about it.
Bischoff is an idiot though. The only Bischoff maths I enjoy is adding up how much money WCW lost in the first quarter of 1999 on his watch. And nobody new is watching TNA. Ratings are down since June.

Quote:
c. So you're just butthurt about who is in the group?
No. Im not butthurt at all. I just find it hilarious that people wonder why a biker gang storyline featuring WWE rejects and Garrett Bischoff is doing so poorly.

Quote:
d. The players we know of thus far aren't bad. As I was reminded about 15 pages back in this thread, they had d-lo under a mask in place of Devon for weeks, what is there to make you think that some of the people under the masks right now won't be the people under them when the masks come off?
Errrr ... no they didn't. D'Lo has played the role of the VP since day one and continues to do so. Where did you get that from? Fuck even you are confused and you say you like this angle.

Quote:
The "RIGHT NOW generation" thing is perfectly applicable.. I hope it goes on for another year and a half just to troll the people that want it over with right now.
If this storyline goes on another year, TNA's buyrates and ratings will likely be worse than they currently are. Which takes some doing. If this goes on another year, I will laugh my fucking ass off.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #2823 (permalink)
Quiet Humanoids!
 
TehBrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sin City, Lost Wages
Posts: 788
TehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Nexus were 50 times more over than the Aces and Eights. Nexus came in with a legit reason as to why they were there, they had a leader who could talk and it took a while for anyone to get the revenge on them. Sure it all fell apart after SummerSlam, but that is due to inept booking. The way they were presented initially was perfectly fine and gave the promotion a direction and created a group of fresh names on TV.
lols. The farthest any of the nexus guys have gone is Ryback.. and that took months of staying off tv and a complete character overhaul.. The reason Nexus didn't last is because they shot their load right away, rather than building up to anything of any significance whatsoever. sorta like it seems you wish tna had done with A&8's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
All those people reaching for the remote and the fact Bound For Glory did worse than its done since TNA got on Spike TV should tell you all you need to know on that front. The TV audience aren't interested. And anyone who isn't a complete idiot would tell you kidnapping Joseph Park and building up the biggest show of the year where you unmask Devon Dudley is a retarded way of building to a climax.

Bischoff is an idiot though. The only Bischoff maths I enjoy is adding up how much money WCW lost in the first quarter of 1999 on his watch. And nobody new is watching TNA. Ratings are down since June.
I was fairly sure TNA didn't release buyrates for ppvs.. being a private company and all. Impact Ratings are right where they've been, except for spikes in viewership, for the last 4 years.. Really not a bad position considering the channel they're on and the lack of other shows people might want to watch on that channel. What I'm hearing from you is a lot of sour grapes about the members of the group. Sorry to say it but Devon made sense, and fits with the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
No. Im not butthurt at all. I just find it hilarious that people wonder why a biker gang storyline featuring WWE rejects and Garrett Bischoff is doing so poorly.
you saying it's doing poorly =/= it doing poorly....
__________________



TehBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #2824 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehOne View Post
lols. The farthest any of the nexus guys have gone is Ryback.. and that took months of staying off tv and a complete character overhaul.. The reason Nexus didn't last is because they shot their load right away, rather than building up to anything of any significance whatsoever. sorta like it seems you wish tna had done with A&8's.
The Nexus storyline started when NXT aired in February. They smartly established each character before putting them in a group. They debuted around June and they main evented a major PPV which drew 350,000 buys at SummerSlam. Then for the rest of the year Cena main evented with Barrett and buried the Undertaker. Ryback broke his ankle, so he was out and Daniel Bryan got fired due to pressure from sponsors. This angle got derailed by a mix of writing which didn't know how to follow up the initial success and injuries to some of the main players who were pushed huge on NXT before the group formed. Even with these disadvantages, Nexus drew money on PPV and created a fresh series of matches for the Orton and Cena. The storyline didnt live up to its original potential but the group was over and did well at the box office. Any other argument is completely wrong and the facts are there to prove otherwise.

Quote:
I was fairly sure TNA didn't release buyrates for ppvs.. being a private company and all.
URRGHH ... and why is that? Because they do embarrassing levels. Would TNA be cutting PPVs if they were a mega success? Would they still be in the Impact Zone every month if they were doing well? No. Fact is the night after Bound For Glory did the worst rating its done in years following BFG, so the interest from the people who didnt buy the show was obviously at a low as well.

Quote:
Impact Ratings are right where they've been, except for spikes in viewership, for the last 4 years.. Really not a bad position considering the channel they're on and the lack of other shows people might want to watch on that channel.
Spike has cut the money off. There is no longer any investment coming from Spike. Remember when they would sign them Sting and Kurt Angle and ex WWE names? Well that doesnt happen anymore. Remember when TNA would go outside the Impact Zone for Impact? Doesnt happen anymore. Remember when TNA was the main show on Spike? Well say hello to Bellator. Bellator is Spike TV's new baby. TNA isn't even the main focus of Spike anymore. When TNA's deal with Spike is up, TNA will have little bargaining power.

Quote:
What I'm hearing from you is a lot of sour grapes about the members of the group. Sorry to say it but Devon made sense, and fits with the group.
Fits with easily pleased morons. For the rest of us he's just a WWE reject with a gap in his teeth you could park a van through.

Quote:
you saying it's doing poorly =/= it doing poorly....
I have no idea what this part means. You've confused me more than usual.

Last edited by Diesel_Power : 12-16-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #2825 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Bischoff is great at math. Check some of his math from about 97-98, shit was good. To me the angle is a success already, Aces and Eights has brought us the team of DOC and Knox, with a bad ass gimmick. The way I look at it, you can worry about who's under which mask or whatever, OR you can just be impressed with the workers being produced like Knox and Gallows. Hopefully, Jay Bradley and Cliff Compton are added to the fold. This could end up being the best stable ever. Brisco will fit perfect, and is playing his role as Kurt's young apprentice perfectly. I wouldn't even mind young Bischoff in the group, as long as he's surrounded by this group of above average talent.

These young WWE fans are funny. They think nexus was more over than the Aces are currently, well not to me because I can't name one person in Nexus. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I, as a grown man, have watched WWE programming at all. I understand they are going for a younger crowd, and that suits me just fine. TNA is the only programming I've watched regularly since probably 2003 or earlier, and while not perfect, the people behind it are young, passionate, and courageous. I understand people are opposed to change, but serious competition to WWE can only be good news for the fans of pro wrestling.

The reason I was, and still am happy Bischoff was brought in, is because the guy has been at the top, and knows how to build, and run a successful brand. Although, many factors contribute to the success of anything, I believe Bischoff played a key part in the rise of WCW, and could do the same with TNA if everything falls into place just right. Good Luck TNA.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #2826 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I'm sure we can all agree that the pairing of DOC and Knox under this gimmick is genius.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #2827 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
This could end up being the best stable ever.
HAHAHAHA!! Fuck me, you have to be a gimmick account.

Quote:
These young WWE fans are funny. They think nexus was more over than the Aces are currently, well not to me because I can't name one person in Nexus.
Could you be anymore patronising? "Young WWE fans"? You can be 7 and 87 and it doesn't take a genius to realise a group who main evented a SummerSlam against the likes of John Cena, Edge, Bret fucking Hart and Chris Jericho is more over than a bunch of guys who are famous for being people WWE fired.

Quote:
The reason I was, and still am happy Bischoff was brought in, is because the guy has been at the top, and knows how to build, and run a successful brand. Although, many factors contribute to the success of anything, I believe Bischoff played a key part in the rise of WCW, and could do the same with TNA if everything falls into place just right. Good Luck TNA.
Bischoff had the backing off Ted Turner, the booking of Kevin Sullivan, the star power of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Hall, Nash, Sting and others when they all were still worth something. Oh, and Bischoff still put WCW into the red during the hottest period in wrestling history. Now he's got James Storm, Wes Brisco and David Lagana. Good luck Eric.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #2828 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Go watch NXT diesel guy.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #2829 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #2830 (permalink)
kendoo 3:16
 
kendoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: scotland
Posts: 1,614
kendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missed
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

aces and 8's wont be around this time next year. FACT
kendoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios