Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 268 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #2671 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,150
MTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Errr ... yes they did. Why do you think there is no longer Benjamin and Haas? ROH now has Rhino, Matt Hardy and the Headbangers clouding up their TV. Spoken like someone who hasn't got a clue.

Fact is with TNA, TV ratings are down, PPV buys are the same as always, house show attendance is down from last year, they went live which means they are paying more money to talent to fly in once a week, they've had less shows outside the Impact Zone than in 2011, they lost Don West which means merchandise revenue isn't what it was and shows in England drew worse than they ever have since they started the arena shows over here. Not forgetting that they allowed Alex Shelley to leave, they let Ric Flair do WWE's Hall of Fame in exchange for Christian to look completely uninterested on their PPV and they have Daffney and Scott Steiner suing them. And they can't blame Russo because he's gone. The fans could always blame Russo when things weren't going good, but they have a new creative team now, but business hasnt improved. This year hasn't been positive at all. It was the year everyone realised TNA is probably damaged to the point where people wont give them a chance even with a decent TV product.
Um... People blame Russo for writing garbage pseudo-pro wrestling shows. Comparing Russo's garbage to today's product is like comparing something to literally nothing. Because Russo's shitfest wasn't even a wrestling show.
And who gives a fuck about all those numbers? If you work for TNA - whatever. If you don't - get a life pl0x.
MTheBehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #2672 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post

Benjamin & Haas are still employed by Ring of Honor.

Didn't realize Headbangers being jobbers, Rhino in a decent enforcer role, and Matt Hardy doing what is probably going to be a one time appearance, and having roots within the company, made them WWE-lite. Oh, wait. b/c it doesn't. ROH is bad for different reasons altogether. They're more along the lines of Smoky Mountain Wrestling than they are WWF/WWE.
Haas and Benjamin were booed while babyfaces, they turned and eventually split. Benjamin makes rare appearances now, because he earns his money in Japan. Rhino wrestled their World Champion one of their biggest shows. Not exactly an enforcer is it? The Headbangers have been feuding with the biggest tag team in the promotions history and outsmarting them at every turn. And Matt Hardy is under contract to them. He's there to stay.

And the reason people say they are like Smokey Mountain is because Cornette brought in WWF names in the mid-90s and put them over his regulars completely damaging his own talent. Also I never said they were "WWE-lite". I insinuated that ROH has lost its identity because of all the ex-WWE names they have brought in.

Quote:
I like how all the aspects you point out have nothing to do with the point I was going on. Their WRESTLING product as improved along with the aspects of their main event scene. When did I say TNA was in the right area of being a well managed company? I didn't. I don't care about that stuff. I watch the product. That's all. If they give me something worth seeing then I'm happy. Backstage is a different story. If they crumble b/c of it, then oh well.
Claire Lynch, Aces and 0.8s are storylines so bad they have ran off a portion of their audience. Read what I am saying. Just because YOU think its a good product doesnt mean the rest of the audience agrees with you. If they did the areas of business I mentioned wouldnt be down.

Quote:
Now I wait for the insult hurled my way for not caring about how well their revenue is for some live events or giving a damn those PRECIOUS TV RATINGS. Fuck off with those arguments already, people. For any promotion it's pointless and annoying.
OK. You say "I wait for the insult hurled my way" and in the same paragraph you tell me to "fuck off". Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheBehemoth View Post
Um... People blame Russo for writing garbage pseudo-pro wrestling shows. Comparing Russo's garbage to today's product is like comparing something to literally nothing. Because Russo's shitfest wasn't even a wrestling show.
And who gives a fuck about all those numbers? If you work for TNA - whatever. If you don't - get a life pl0x.
How can you say Russo's product was garbage? What are you judging it on? Its my word against yours unless you want to talk about viewership. But you obviously dont because you'd be wrong.

Last edited by Diesel_Power : 12-09-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #2673 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,150
MTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
How can you say Russo's product was garbage?
Because I have a brain. And many many many many others, on 345123 different forums (WWE/PURO/whatever), with the exact same thought - 'The show is AT LEAST watchable now'. And no, it's not an 'opinion vs opinion'. Shit is shit. If you like shit, well... Congratz. Whatever.
MTheBehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #2674 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheBehemoth View Post
Because I have a brain. And many many many many others, on 345123 different forums (WWE/PURO/whatever), with the exact same thought - 'The show is AT LEAST watchable now'. And no, it's not an 'opinion vs opinion'. Shit is shit. If you like shit, well... Congratz. Whatever.
Well there are significantly less people watching now than when Russo was writing. Less people are going to the house shows as well. So all those forums you visit mean absolutely nothing if more people aren't watching. So your criteria of what is good makes zero sense, considering when Russo left less people are watching.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #2675 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,150
MTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friendsMTheBehemoth needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Well there are significantly less people watching now than when Russo was writing. Less people are going to the house shows as well. So all those forums you visit mean absolutely nothing if more people aren't watching. So your criteria of what is good makes zero sense, considering when Russo left less people are watching.
Less people are watching pro wrestling in general, not just TNA. WWE is going down even faster. Licking Russo's balls NOW is pretty cheap and illogical.

And once again - it's not MY criteria. Pretty much EVERYONE on the net (minus psychotic Russo fanboys aka trolls) are saying the exact same thing.
MTheBehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #2676 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,265
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Haas and Benjamin were booed while babyfaces, they turned and eventually split. Benjamin makes rare appearances now, because he earns his money in Japan. Rhino wrestled their World Champion one of their biggest shows. Not exactly an enforcer is it? The Headbangers have been feuding with the biggest tag team in the promotions history and outsmarting them at every turn. And Matt Hardy is under contract to them. He's there to stay.

And the reason people say they are like Smokey Mountain is because Cornette brought in WWF names in the mid-90s and put them over his regulars completely damaging his own talent. Also I never said they were "WWE-lite". I insinuated that ROH has lost its identity because of all the ex-WWE names they have brought in.


Claire Lynch, Aces and 0.8s are storylines so bad they have ran off a portion of their audience. Read what I am saying. Just because YOU think its a good product doesnt mean the rest of the audience agrees with you. If they did the areas of business I mentioned wouldnt be down.


OK. You say "I wait for the insult hurled my way" and in the same paragraph you tell me to "fuck off". Oh well.
WGTT are still together in ROH. They're gonna be teaming at Final Battle in a week. Which I'm almost sure you have to know... Rhino got one match with Steen. It lead to nothing and he's back to being an enforcer. An enforcer can get a title shot. That's not rare or uncommon. Headbangers are jobbers. Until they up and start winning matches and not being fodder for the Briscoes that hasn't changed. Matt Hardy stays, no big deal. Like I said, he has roots with the company.

I don't recall any of the guys mentioned going over "homegrown" talent in ROH at all. Rhino could be the only one to a decent extent. But, he's not a former guy from Cornette's past. And plenty credible and motivated too. I'd say they get slapped with the SMW label due to the style that company went. It feels like a bad southern style promotion instead of the hot blend of new age wrestling that ROH was founded on. That's what hurt their identity more than bringing in wrestlers from elsewhere. That was done plenty before. More in a one time only capacity. Still, nothing new.

Claire Lynch was bad. Duh. That didn't effect anything wrestling aspects though. One bad segment in place for a quality match involving AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, & Frankie Kazarian. Which is why I stated originally that the positives trumped the negatives. Aces & Eights isn't as bad as some things I've seen from TNA. Maybe YOU think so. Of course we've pointed out the opinion is a two way street, right? You claim they ran off parts of the audience when that's moot. You don't know. It could be any number of reasons that ratings or whatever bs you're spitting is down.

I'll steal a line from you here "Read what I am saying." I told the arguments about ratings & attendance to fuck off. I would have thought that would've been even more evident when I ended the statement with "people". Meaning it was directed towards anyone using those bogus arguments. If you want to stick around, then by all means do.
__________________
Greatest of All Time ✝✝✝ Best in the World
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #2677 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 697
Brad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Haas and Benjamin were booed while babyfaces, they turned and eventually split. Benjamin makes rare appearances now, because he earns his money in Japan. Rhino wrestled their World Champion one of their biggest shows. Not exactly an enforcer is it? The Headbangers have been feuding with the biggest tag team in the promotions history and outsmarting them at every turn. And Matt Hardy is under contract to them. He's there to stay.

And the reason people say they are like Smokey Mountain is because Cornette brought in WWF names in the mid-90s and put them over his regulars completely damaging his own talent. Also I never said they were "WWE-lite". I insinuated that ROH has lost its identity because of all the ex-WWE names they have brought in.
For having all of these TNA numbers, you sure do fail at just watching the product. Benjamin and Haas has been in a feud with Bj Whitmer and Rhett Titus petty much since Kenny King left ROH only time Benjamin was really gone is when he got suspended. Ok now to Rhino he has only won "big" match in ROH other than that he put over Homicide, Eddie Edwards, and Kevin Steen. This has been tactic for wrestling companies for a long time being in well known person to put over talents. When did Matt Hardy tell you he signed a full blown contract? He isn't signed to any company if he was then the tv title would be on the line at the ppv. Now to the Briscoe Brothers, they fought the headbangers one time I really don't call that a feud and if they were in a feud then they would be wrestling against each other at the biggest event of the year. Briscoe Brothers are in the tag title match on that night and the headbangers aren't even on the card.

I think you need to go back to being fan.
Brad` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #2678 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 324
MethHardy is an after thoughtMethHardy is an after thoughtMethHardy is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

This shit group of jobbers needs to end fast. I can't believe they doing another tag match at next ppv what a joke.
MethHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #2679 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
316jon316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 341
316jon316 is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I see why the IWC has a bad name, all I see from 90% is complaining. Then there are the ones that believe that the only way a wrestling product can be good is if it gets 3.5 ratings. I enjoy TNA, if you don't, I don't understand, why come and just bitch about everything, is there any part of TNA you enjoy? I guess every TV product before RAW and Nitro was shit because they didn't get 3.0 ratings too. Some people have the best logic. Also, you can use the excuse of, "I'm a fan, I'm allowed to critique the product, and you would be right, if what you did was critique, not just rambling hatred, you sound more like a scorned girlfriend than a fan of a wrestling product. Please stop bitching, nobody is listening.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316jon316 View Post
Please, we should all begin to ignore the nameless trolls, and as they don't get the responses they need to live, they will slowly move on from our section, and even this entire forum.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ANTI TROLL MOVEMENT - JUST IGNORE THEM. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
316jon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #2680 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 664
wrestling immortal is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

i'd definitely watch a show which is more better compared to a show which is more popular, the numbers may be down but impact wrestling was garbage in 2010-2011, 2012 was a good year i'd take quality over ratings any day
wrestling immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios