Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 267 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #2661 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,046
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Probably why ratings hit record lows for Thursday a few months back then.

When it comes to the money making events (Bound For Glory, the UK tour, house shows), the most pushed acts are the likes of Hardy, Sting and Hogan. Look at ShopTNA.com. Its all well and good putting Roode in the main event of shows they know are going to do 8,000 buys. You could have ODB vs Flip Kendrick in the main event of those shows and they aren't going to make a difference. The likes of Roode and AJ are up and down the card like yo-yos. They aren't established as big names after almost a decade. If TNA could survive or guys like them, they wouldnt be paying Hardy high six figures per year,
We went from "TNA never was able to push anyone" to "maybe they push some guys but they never win as much as" to "hey their are not on the tour posters"



They are but that's irrelevant. If TNA wants to get the main stream audience obviously they SHOULD use hogan and hardy to sell tickets and then once the fans are watching... time to show them how good roode, aries, storm and aj are.
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #2662 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Brown Hippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,870
Brown Hippy Brown Hippy Brown Hippy Brown Hippy Brown Hippy Brown Hippy Brown Hippy
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I don't feel it's too late for them to be established as Main Eventers, or Stars.

I feel Bully Ray and Devon (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley to you) currently are still being established today even after being in the industry for so long. Who they were in the 90's or 2000's doesn't define who they are today. Even more so, DOC (Festus to you) isn't Festus right now. He's DOC of The Aces n Eights. Some might remember him as Festus or Luke Gallos from the SES, but those who watch him now, and in the future if he continues this gimmick, will know him as DOC.

The thing I love about IW is that the roster is filled with established stars- Tara, Hardy, Hogan, Anderson, Bully, RVD; and new stars that are establishing themselves in the present like Zema, Aries, Roode, Daniels, Velvet, Jesse, Robbie, too many to name. IMO building the new guys side by side to the veterans (*Aries-*Bully-HOGAN) (*X-Division-ROB VAN DAM) (*Roode-HARDY) (*MORGAN, Ryan-CHAVO, Hernandez) gives them credibility.
__________________
Brown Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #2663 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 696
Brad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
Yes, let's ignore the fact last thursday we had 5 originals in the main event and that Roode is the longest reigning world champion ever.

I have my own reasons to hate on aces&eights but some just want to bitch because... it's TNA.
People much rather have 3 guys show up in bullet proof vest and attack the same guy over and over and over. Which those 3 guys are brunch of no bodies sorry to Jon Moxley and Tyler Black marks but it's true. They're no bodies doing exact same things TNA is doing but it's alright because Jon Moxley and Tyler Black are apart of it. It's doesn't matter what company that these guys were apart of before it's matter about their future and who is in charge of them and what TNA does with them that WWE didn't. I remember in 2002 these certain two guys made a group with two "jobbers" and those two "jobbers" become top guys in WWE. You can also look at this example A Train was in WWF and really didn't do anything good and went to Japan and became a big name when he came back he failed. Some people are just not made for WWE, but are made for other companies so these guys can be made for TNA not WWE.

Yes I have problems with this storyline just like everyone else but I'm giving them a chance because I believe some of the guys rumored for the group can have a huge future in TNA. Right now you might see them as "jobbers" because of their WWE run but this is a fresh start for them.
Brad` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2664 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power Diesel_Power
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
What's your point? Jeff Hardy is on the poster. They dont even use an up to date picture of Austin Aries. The fact Hardy is on there means you could put anyone else on there with him.

Quote:
They are but that's irrelevant. If TNA wants to get the main stream audience obviously they SHOULD use hogan and hardy to sell tickets and then once the fans are watching... time to show them how good roode, aries, storm and aj are.
That sounds like an argument straight from 2005. Aries, Styles, Roode and Storm are in their mid-30s. They aren't young men anymore. And TNA's ratings haven't got past a 1.4 for a Thursday night 2 hour show ever. Hardy and Hogan cant draw TNA ratings. They might as well go with their homegrown talent and maybe they will catch on. But they never did this. And they never will. If the mainstream whats to see Hogan and Hardy they will dig out footage of when they played to big arenas.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2665 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
SpeedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,069
SpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new hereSpeedStick better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad` View Post
People much rather have 3 guys show up in bullet proof vest and attack the same guy over and over and over. Which those 3 guys are brunch of no bodies sorry to Jon Moxley and Tyler Black marks but it's true. They're no bodies doing exact same things TNA is doing but it's alright because Jon Moxley and Tyler Black are apart of it. It's doesn't matter what company that these guys were apart of before it's matter about their future and who is in charge of them and what TNA does with them that WWE didn't. I remember in 2002 these certain two guys made a group with two "jobbers" and those two "jobbers" become top guys in WWE. You can also look at this example A Train was in WWF and really didn't do anything good and went to Japan and became a big name when he came back he failed. Some people are just not made for WWE, but are made for other companies so these guys can be made for TNA not WWE.

Yes I have problems with this storyline just like everyone else but I'm giving them a chance because I believe some of the guys rumored for the group can have a huge future in TNA. Right now you might see them as "jobbers" because of their WWE run but this is a fresh start for them.
So why everything I ask a friend why you don't watch TNA anymore they say things like

"because is WWE lite now"
"Its full of boring talent from FCW"
"Its trying to be WCW" "
"The X Division is dead"
"No more 6 sided ring"

You look at TNA now is full of guys WWE did nothing special with , and TNA talent that has don't nothing but go in circles for the last 8/10 years..

TNA need to change its format, get fresh new talent, and get on the road..oh the the porn name must go too
SpeedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #2666 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,046
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I reached the conclusion that this is a endless battle, it doesn't matter if TNA pushes or not their own talent.
In the end, people already made the stereotype in their head and will keep pushing their fabricated belief no matter what. TNA might as well go back to the pre-prichard 2011 program with sting/rvd/hardy/anderson/angle main eventing all the ppvs.
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #2667 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 696
Brad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsBrad` should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStick View Post
So why everything I ask a friend why you don't watch TNA anymore they say things like

"because is WWE lite now"
"Its full of boring talent from FCW"
"Its trying to be WCW" "
"The X Division is dead"
"No more 6 sided ring"

You look at TNA now is full of guys WWE did nothing special with , and TNA talent that has don't nothing but go in circles for the last 8/10 years..

TNA need to change its format, get fresh new talent, and get on the road..oh the the porn name must go too
Yes they do have wwe talent but if you look at the main event people right now 1/5 guys that has been in the picture for the year or so has been in WWE and one has been in WCW. Let's be real Kurt Angle, RVD, Mr Anderson, and The Pope hasn't been in the title picture since 2010-2011. Yes, RVD has the x-division title but they've to bring prestige back to it and RVD has the name value and has put on decent matches since winning the title. The FCW thing makes no sense at all only people that have been FCW is Wes Brisco and Rob Terry, Kaz was in OVW with WWE but that was for maybe a year. I have no argument against them being like WCW because you're right but they've gotta better over the years to get away from that. Again you're right X-Division is dead but everyone complains about TNA roster is too big now so they don't need to sign a lot more talent. Also question for you do you want them showcast RVD more having the x-division or start to show the x-division more when they get a good young champion? I miss the six sides also but I don't look at little bitty stuff to hate a company to me that's stupid.

Last edited by Brad` : 12-08-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Brad` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2668 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,740
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
I reached the conclusion that this is a endless battle, it doesn't matter if TNA pushes or not their own talent.
In the end, people already made the stereotype in their head and will keep pushing their fabricated belief no matter what. TNA might as well go back to the pre-prichard 2011 program with sting/rvd/hardy/anderson/angle main eventing all the ppvs.
Please, dear god no.

Let the people who think this year wasn't an improvement stay blind. It doesn't matter if Gallows or Knox were in WWE at a point. Why should that matter if they are getting their chance to shine elsewhere? Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas went to ROH and nobody said "oh look, it's WWE-lite now". This year has had a few bad points. Ok, no denying that. Look at the positives though. They easily outweigh the negatives. The main event scene is fresh. Even with a guy like Hardy or Bully Ray in the mix. Hardy is mad over. They would be morons not to take advantage of that. Doesn't matter if he got his start in the WWE. He's an established main eventer. Bully has formed himself INTO a credible main eventer. He deserves to be there. Then you got the homegrown talent who had their chance to shine with Robert Roode & James Storm. It took them a good while, but they finally pushed deserving guys to the top. Granted I could have down without Storm and used Christopher Daniels instead. That's a different subject for a different day.

The only concern TNA should have (although it isn't THAT bad) is simply put: the roster isn't young. That's all. It doesn't matter too much as Bully Ray being 41 doesn't effect anything. He's at a career high and in the best shape of his life. It wouldn't hurt to have some younger guys on the roster who could eventually rise up. Like Gallows, who is only 28-29. Using the talent that they have at the top while building up more is the ideal prospect for the company. Look to be on that road right now.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #2669 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power Diesel_Power
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas went to ROH and nobody said "oh look, it's WWE-lite now".
Errr ... yes they did. Why do you think there is no longer Benjamin and Haas? ROH now has Rhino, Matt Hardy and the Headbangers clouding up their TV. Spoken like someone who hasn't got a clue.

Fact is with TNA, TV ratings are down, PPV buys are the same as always, house show attendance is down from last year, they went live which means they are paying more money to talent to fly in once a week, they've had less shows outside the Impact Zone than in 2011, they lost Don West which means merchandise revenue isn't what it was and shows in England drew worse than they ever have since they started the arena shows over here. Not forgetting that they allowed Alex Shelley to leave, they let Ric Flair do WWE's Hall of Fame in exchange for Christian to look completely uninterested on their PPV and they have Daffney and Scott Steiner suing them. And they can't blame Russo because he's gone. The fans could always blame Russo when things weren't going good, but they have a new creative team now, but business hasnt improved. This year hasn't been positive at all. It was the year everyone realised TNA is probably damaged to the point where people wont give them a chance even with a decent TV product.

Last edited by Diesel_Power : 12-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #2670 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,740
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Errr ... yes they did. Why do you think there is no longer Benjamin and Haas? ROH now has Rhino, Matt Hardy and the Headbangers clouding up their TV. Spoken like someone who hasn't got a clue.

Fact is with TNA, TV ratings are down, PPV buys are the same as always, house show attendance is down from last year, they went live which means they are paying more money to talent to fly in once a week, they've had less shows outside the Impact Zone than in 2011, they lost Don West which means merchandise revenue isn't what it was and shows in England drew worse than they ever have since they started the arena shows over here. Not forgetting that they allowed Alex Shelley to leave, they let Ric Flair do WWE's Hall of Fame in exchange for Christian to look completely uninterested on their PPV and they have Daffney and Scott Steiner suing them. And they can't blame Russo because he's gone. The fans could always blame Russo when things weren't going good, but they have a new creative team now, but business hasnt improved. This year hasn't been positive at all. It was the year everyone realised TNA is probably damaged to the point where people wont give them a chance even with a decent TV product.


Benjamin & Haas are still employed by Ring of Honor.

Didn't realize Headbangers being jobbers, Rhino in a decent enforcer role, and Matt Hardy doing what is probably going to be a one time appearance, and having roots within the company, made them WWE-lite. Oh, wait. b/c it doesn't. ROH is bad for different reasons altogether. They're more along the lines of Smoky Mountain Wrestling than they are WWF/WWE.

I like how all the aspects you point out have nothing to do with the point I was going on. Their WRESTLING product as improved along with the aspects of their main event scene. When did I say TNA was in the right area of being a well managed company? I didn't. I don't care about that stuff. I watch the product. That's all. If they give me something worth seeing then I'm happy. Backstage is a different story. If they crumble b/c of it, then oh well.

Now I wait for the insult hurled my way for not caring about how well their revenue is for some live events or giving a damn those PRECIOUS TV RATINGS. Fuck off with those arguments already, people. For any promotion it's pointless and annoying.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios