Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 265 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #2641 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Red Dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London
Posts: 721
Red Dead should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRed Dead should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRed Dead should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRed Dead should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRed Dead should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I hope Aces and Eights is a group with 8 members max

Hence the term "Eights"

Anyway, I Pray that these 3 are members of the group:

Jericho, Batista and Chris Masters.
Red Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #2642 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hardy Hater View Post
D'Angelo Dinero could be in A&8's.

He is so talented and so damn good, I don't see why he wouldn't be doing anything on TNA; he is still with the company after all, right? It is clear there is still one more black guy in the group, that's the one whose whole body is entirely covered. I was thinking D-Lo Brown, but it has to be somebody with either tattoos who can cover their arms, or that is black.
They rammed a metal railing into his shoulder. That isn't very endearing.

If D'Lo is coming back to the ring, that can only be a good thing. He's not some broken down old agent. He's really good. He only retired because the previous regime didn't see him as a wrestler and hired him to be an agent. It was only a few years back he was tearing it up in ROH and NOAH. He's a better worker than 75% of the TNA roster. If he seriously wants to return and contribute, he'd could have some awesome matches. D'Lo vs Joe would be something I'd love to see.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #2643 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

I much prefer the Aces and Eights now. I'm enjoying them more now we have some people without masks who can cut promos you understand. They at least have a purpose to be there. They are like a heel version of the APA.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2644 (permalink)
Don't give up on the gravy
 
obby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,845
obby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Some big fucking names are being revealed for this stable, I tell ya.
__________________
obby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #2645 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obby View Post
Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Some big fucking names are being revealed for this stable, I tell ya.
Dont forget. Devon and Festus.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #2646 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,052
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obby View Post
Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Some big fucking names are being revealed for this stable, I tell ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Dont forget. Devon and Festus.
option 1) TNA is full of jobbers, fuck new talent, we want big names.

option 2) TNA is full of old ex-wwe guys, fuck the has been's, we want new talent.
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2647 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
option 1) TNA is full of jobbers, fuck new talent, we want big names.

option 2) TNA is full of old ex-wwe guys, fuck the has been's, we want new talent.
option 3) Dont do a storyline involving masked wrestlers and build up a reveal when the reveal will be a bunch of nobodies.

option 4) It doesn't matter because the ratings stay the same whoever they bring in.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #2648 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,052
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
option 3) Dont do a storyline involving masked wrestlers and build up a reveal when the reveal will be a bunch of nobodies.

option 4) It doesn't matter because the ratings stay the same whoever they bring in.
- Prospects are supposed to be nobodies, the VP and the president are the ones that need to be recognizable.

- Then what's your point? you want name value for no reason?

The main problem with this angle is dull moments.
They have been improving on this with DOC's reveal and brisco mini story but if the finish line is Lockdown, I doubt they will have enough material to keep the story interesting. Now complaining because TNA is trying to create their own stars with this angle is ridiculous. Yes, bring "FETUS", Bradley and Knox every day of the week.
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #2649 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power is an after thoughtDiesel_Power is an after thought
Default Re: Another Unmasking at the PPV?

"Name value for no reason". How about teasing a surprise and delivering a star name? If you put people under masks, you need to have people under there that people actually care about. That would create interest and deliver a pay off. As opposed to having a bunch of people with masks running around and when the masks come off its people who fans care less about with the masks off.

Also, TNA have no idea how to create stars, so that point is ridiculous. Thats been proved since its inception. The main angle is Bubba Ray Dudley vs Hulk Hogan, a bunch of bikers in masks, most of whom came from WWE, Rob Van Dam is the X division champion, the World Champion is Jeff Hardy and the tag team champions are a former WWE midcarder mentoring a guy who's stock hasn't rose ever. Even the womens division is all old WWE wrestlers. The likes of Roode, Aries, Storm, Kaz and Daniels and AJ provide the story arch. They are the support cast. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #2650 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,052
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Yes, let's ignore the fact last thursday we had 5 originals in the main event and that Roode is the longest reigning world champion ever.

I have my own reasons to hate on aces&eights but some just want to bitch because... it's TNA.
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios