Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 221 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #2201 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1 View Post
Who the heck are you to think you speak for the majority of any group. You don't. Did you seriously say WWE wouldn't let someone go if they had mainstream value???? WWE are known for letting the wrong people go.
Who are you to speak for who WWE feels is the wrong person to let go? You see I can do it to. Your posts are riddled with assuming things in TNA will work when history proves nothing ever does. I've watched 3 months of this Aces and 8s storyline and it has yet to work. Why would you assume it will work now Luke Gallows big head is revealed to the world?

Also I am not stating things as fact. Hence the words "probably" and "assume". Please read what I am saying and don't tell me what I am saying. A wrestling forum is for prediction and assumption.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2202 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
charmed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,992
charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000charmed1 501 - 1000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Who are you to speak for who WWE feels is the wrong person to let go? You see I can do it to. Your posts are riddled with assuming things in TNA will work when history proves nothing ever does. I've watched 3 months of this Aces and 8s storyline and it has yet to work. Why would you assume it will work now Luke Gallows big head is revealed to the world?

Also I am not stating things as fact. Hence the words "probably" and "assume". Please read what I am saying and don't tell me what I am saying. A wrestling forum is for prediction and assumption.
Yeah cause letting Elijah Burke, Gallows, Anderson, were great moves..

Wait lets go back in history and see Hogan, Nash, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, among many others that ended up backfiring on them.

So you've watching 3 whole months and decided out of that huh? History proves that nothing ever works??? That kinda statement needs more explanation. And please don't point at ratings and PPV buys at a time when wrestling as a whole is on an incredible downswing. Thats not explaining anything.

WWE is the company most known for wrestling and right now there programming is horrific. That turns off casual fans from watching at all. Add in a crappy economy and the fact that wrestling has a very unpredictable cycle-style fashion.

So please give actual proof.
__________________
I Am the Master
charmed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #2203 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,317
ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
You are assuming the majority will care either way. Which they probably won't because its only Luke Gallows. If he had any value they'd have signed him when WWE first released him and if he had any mainstream value WWE wouldn't have released him. And to be fair to TNA, this isn't supposed to make you care. They'll all probably be unveiled in the coming weeks, leading to a big reveal. Its the person behind it who will make or break this angle.
You are still assuming.

I am not assuming anything. I have not gone on arguing this for pages with people, I don't know how majority of TNA's fanbase felt and I can't assume they felt like I did just like I can't assume they felt like you did. It's incredibly hard to gauge because TNA is stuck in the IZ. I'd rather wait and see where this is truly headed and what are the reasons for it before I can pass a fair judgement.

As for the bolded, that is a crock of shit. Many of his peers within the industry thought WWE made a mistake by releasing him, and they may be right but only time (and getting a good push) will tell. Just because WWE doesn't make someone a star or deems a wrestler expendable does not make it as such, everybody can be wrong at times even the almighty Vince McMahon and the WWE.
__________________
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/383915_10151049045736026_517033516_n.jpg
ErrybodyTaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #2204 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1 View Post
Yeah cause letting Elijah Burke, Gallows, Anderson, were great moves..
I am sure they are still crying into their pillows at night letting those three go. They Elijah Burke, Mr. Kennedy and Luke Gallows have done so well since WWE released them haven't they? Those 900 people who get into the Impact Zone every week must be thrilled WWE was clueless enough to let them go.


Quote:
Wait lets go back in history and see Hogan, Nash, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, among many others that ended up backfiring on them.
They weren't fired. They left because their name value was so high that there was people willing to give them better money. There is a big difference between Scott Hall leaving to earn more money an releasing worthless clowns like Mr. Kennedy.

Quote:
So you've watching 3 whole months and decided out of that huh? History proves that nothing ever works??? That kinda statement needs more explanation. And please don't point at ratings and PPV buys at a time when wrestling as a whole is on an incredible downswing. Thats not explaining anything.
Forget history and look at the present. This storyline isn't very good. Many people share that opinion. Wrestling is on a downside, but that is no excuse for your average viewership to be down. And if you say otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. If TNA was getting a 1.2 and suddenly the viewership average drops and MAINLY in the Aces and 8s segments, its obvious something isn't clicking. TNA and Spike release the quarter hours. Why is it the Aces and 8s segment are so poorly viewed?

Quote:
WWE is the company most known for wrestling and right now there programming is horrific. That turns off casual fans from watching at all. Add in a crappy economy and the fact that wrestling has a very unpredictable cycle-style fashion.

So please give actual proof.
Ratings are down in WWE, but buyrates are up from last year. That means WWE have less viewers but more people winning to pay to see their PPVs than last year. TNA hasn't got this at all. TNA has 1.5 million people watching and 7000 people buying their PPVs. Thats obvious that its because they don't invest in the storylines. The TV should be an advert for the PPV to generate revenue. But the fans dont care.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #2205 (permalink)
Quiet Humanoids!
 
TehBrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sin City, Lost Wages
Posts: 788
TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500TehBrain 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

How many times has Vinny Mac fired JR now? I think maybe those would be considered bad moves, just by the evidence of him constantly bringing the guy back when the ratings begin to plummet.
__________________



TehBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #2206 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrybodyTaps View Post
As for the bolded, that is a crock of shit. Many of his peers within the industry thought WWE made a mistake by releasing him, and they may be right but only time (and getting a good push) will tell. Just because WWE doesn't make someone a star or deems a wrestler expendable does not make it as such, everybody can be wrong at times even the almighty Vince McMahon and the WWE.
Again you are keep missing the point. Luke Gallows has ZERO value at this moment, because WWE did nothing with him and he hasn't been on TV for a year. If TNA build him up and establish him then he's obviously got a ton of value because he's a talented wrestler. As I've said plenty of times in this thread, TNA did him and themselves a disservice by having him revealed in such a manner as his first appearance.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #2207 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,317
ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
They weren't fired. They left because their name value was so high that there was people willing to give them better money. There is a big difference between Scott Hall leaving to earn more money an releasing worthless clowns like Mr. Kennedy.
Actually with Bret, WWE had resigned him to a 20 year deal that Vince could not afford. The problems all go back to Vince not being able to match Hall and Nash's guaranteed contracts.

If any one wrestler can be seen as a GIANT mistake by the WWE, it would be Hogan. Vince believed his run was over as a top star when they parted ways in 93 (IIRC?)...imagine if he had the foresight to have turned Hogan heel himself back then, what could have been. Nonetheless a mistake on Vince's part that WCW cashed in on.
__________________
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/383915_10151049045736026_517033516_n.jpg
ErrybodyTaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #2208 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,317
ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000ErrybodyTaps 501 - 1000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Again you are keep missing the point. Luke Gallows has ZERO value at this moment, because WWE did nothing with him and he hasn't been on TV for a year. If TNA build him up and establish him then he's obviously got a ton of value because he's a talented wrestler. As I've said plenty of times in this thread, TNA did him and themselves a disservice by having him revealed in such a manner as his first appearance.
Really ? His immediate value will be determined in the next few weeks IMO. Right now Sting and Bubba got nothing for TP. Gallows getting a clean win over one of them at TP puts him over nicely and can plug him right in as an immediate upper card talent. Let's hope they do something smart and along those lines.

At least it is what I hope they do. Would have rathered Sting or Bubba vs Devon at TP and Angle vs Gallows at TP but oh well.
__________________
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/383915_10151049045736026_517033516_n.jpg
ErrybodyTaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #2209 (permalink)
TAKIN' A MULLIGAN
 
Chismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,631
Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000Chismo 18501 - 19000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Gallows/Cash/Festus is fine. He was an obvious rumour and pick, so it's logical they revealed him.

And those who are calling this stable a disgrace (because of the names involved) need their fucking heads checked. The quality is determind by their actions, not by star power or names. Smh...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbrian View Post
TV shows are the best entertainment programmes like wrestling. My favourite TV show is RAW and SMACK DOWN. I specially like fight of Rey mysterio and Randy Ortan. It was very amazing fight with lots of stunt.
Chismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #2210 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESSRayfu was rejected by a GODDESS
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I'm with the other guy, as a "Reveal" sadily to say its nothing, yes many of the wrestlers think he is the future, but many also think jobber # 50 is also taslltend and good, it dont mean WWE should push them.

Gallows is not "big" they can build him up, and I'll wait to see where it gose but TBH I've lost faith in this story, its going to be WWE rejects, and i dont want tna to be wwe 0.5
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios