Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 178 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?
Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1771 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
alex1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 4,410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
In theory nothing. He was on the heel side for most of it. Its not the audience fault TNA couldn't position him as a heel. Was Kane a face during 97 and 98, because we eventually found out that Undertaker actually did burn the funeral home down? Its all about what the audience see at home. They didn't know Sting turning heel was a means to an end. They just saw him beating babyfaces up with baseball bats. And the casual viewer who doesn't know every last detail on TNA storylines has seen Sting position in the heel camp several times over the years. Turning Sting is pointless.

Also why would Sting allow them to beat the shit out of him? An.d if Sting has such a huge master plan, why did he give up his General Manager position? If he wanted to bring in a lot of guys he could have done it then. Sting turning makes 0.1% sense.
Maybe him giving up the GM position had nothing to do wit and maybe the attack wuth to make sting join them

alex1997 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1772 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

‏@JayBradleyPW
Almost time! #bestunsignedtalent pic.twitter.com/MDVauJvf

I'm a happy fan



The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline  
post #1773 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Equilibrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
‏@JayBradleyPW
Almost time! #bestunsignedtalent pic.twitter.com/MDVauJvf

I'm a happy fan
I think that, sadly, means it won't be him.

But I'd mark for a stable with Bradley as the leader, Wes Brisco as the future star/diamond in the rough, Natural Selection as the tag team and maybe a well known manager to give the group some credibility and star power, someone like a Paul Heyman (Edge would be perfect).
Equilibrium is offline  
post #1774 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrounded by the morons on WF
Posts: 7,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Jay Bradley is just the type of talent TNA needs.
Theproof is offline  
post #1775 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

All this Jay Bradley love makes me smile...would be great if he does come to TNA. I think he'd fit their needs perfectly.
GothicBohemian is offline  
post #1776 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mt Sterling,Ky
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I think that, sadly, means it won't be him.

But I'd mark for a stable with Bradley as the leader, Wes Brisco as the future star/diamond in the rough, Natural Selection as the tag team and maybe a well known manager to give the group some credibility and star power, someone like a Paul Heyman (Edge would be perfect).

This just in from www.lordsofpain.net

Adam Copeland Says He's No Longer Edge


Adam Copeland stated during a radio interview in his native Ontario, Canada that he is no longer permitted to use the “Edge” name for public appearances since he is no longer affiliated with WWE.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...zEHQEeHeWz9.99
charlier200929@yah is offline  
post #1777 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
In theory nothing. He was on the heel side for most of it. Its not the audience fault TNA couldn't position him as a heel. Was Kane a face during 97 and 98, because we eventually found out that Undertaker actually did burn the funeral home down? Its all about what the audience see at home. They didn't know Sting turning heel was a means to an end. They just saw him beating babyfaces up with baseball bats. And the casual viewer who doesn't know every last detail on TNA storylines has seen Sting position in the heel camp several times over the years. Turning Sting is pointless.

Also why would Sting allow them to beat the shit out of him? And if Sting has such a huge master plan, why did he give up his General Manager position? If he wanted to bring in a lot of guys he could have done it then. Sting turning makes 0.1% sense.
Actually, there were plenty of clues that he had an agenda and wasn't a straight heel. Of course, it doesn't necessarily change his classification.

But dude, I'm totally against Sting turning heel. It won't happen regardless, because it would be completely pointless. It would make no sense - Sting has spent the last two years essentially ridding TNA of Immortal/Fourtune. Why would he join a group trying to destroy TNA after spending all this time saving it?

Bully Ray will be turning if anything. I just hope the reveal and remaining members of Aces and 8's live up to the hype.
RedwineRaider is offline  
post #1778 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
TasteOfVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlier200929@yah View Post
This just in from www.lordsofpain.net

Adam Copeland Says He's No Longer Edge


Adam Copeland stated during a radio interview in his native Ontario, Canada that he is no longer permitted to use the “Edge” name for public appearances since he is no longer affiliated with WWE.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...zEHQEeHeWz9.99
I was under impression dude in U2 owned the name Edge.
TasteOfVenom is offline  
post #1779 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

If you watch every episode of Impact and watch the PPVs, there was hints. But what casual viewer would have thought Sting had an agenda because he new Hulk Hogan was turning heel? Also, Sting had the problem with Hogan yet joined heel Ric Flair's team at Lockdown and beat up RVD, Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy with a baseball bats, from behind like a coward. There was nothing subtle about it. Its was so poorly written everyone would have thought he was a full on heel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreTheFallen View Post
I was under impression dude in U2 owned the name Edge.
You can't own a name if that person is performing in another area of entertainment. If Adam Copeland suddenly decided to become a musician tomorrow, he couldnt be called "Edge". Just like "The Edge" wouldnt be allowed to accept bookings in wrestling under that name. You can only own a name as it pertains to that sport or entertainment. Its how Hulk Hogan got the rights to the name Hulk after years of trying. Marvel aren't ever going to market a pro wrestler called "Hulk" and Hulk Hogan is never going to have a comic on the shelves called "Hulk" either. Tommy Herns and Ricky Hatton cant sue Bret Hart for the use of the Hitman name either. Contrary to popular believe you cant own a word outright. You can only sue if it creates a conflict of interest in that area of entertainment.

Last edited by Diesel_Power; 10-13-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Diesel_Power is offline  
post #1780 of 4984 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

If Edge is the leader of Aces and Eights: shit just got real.
The Tony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome