Aces & Eights Discussion Thread - Page 154 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Leader of A&8?

Someone on the roster 102 27.49%
Someone brought up from development 25 6.74%
A familiar Impact Wrestling face 244 65.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 09-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #1531 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Jynx36 101 - 250Jynx36 101 - 250
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

They couldn't try to make it any less obvious could they?
I knew it was Bischoff right away.

The other problem with this is...(Here comes the kayfabe)

Wouldn't Sting and Hogan recognise his voice as soon as he starts talking?

*Sigh.
Loving this Aces and 8's storyline but the last couple of segments have been taking it too far.

Not looking forward to seeing Bischoff on screen again.
Hope it was just a stand in trick to fool us....even though will all know it was him on that chair no matter what.
Jynx36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #1532 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Blood Bath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 369
Blood Bath 251 - 500Blood Bath 251 - 500Blood Bath 251 - 500Blood Bath 251 - 500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

1 thing they need to do is give A's&8's some better clothes, they gotta look bad ass like real bikers, they look like knockoffs. Get them matching leather jackets and vests with better masks and shit. Go all the way with this
__________________
Blood Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #1533 (permalink)
I AM NOT A BUTT!
 
Chrisp_Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,633
Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500Chrisp_Morg 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx36 View Post
They couldn't try to make it any less obvious could they?
I knew it was Bischoff right away.

The other problem with this is...(Here comes the kayfabe)

Wouldn't Sting and Hogan recognise his voice as soon as he starts talking?

*Sigh.
Loving this Aces and 8's storyline but the last couple of segments have been taking it too far.

Not looking forward to seeing Bischoff on screen again.
Hope it was just a stand in trick to fool us....even though will all know it was him on that chair no matter what.
He used a voice changer thing didn't he?

Loving this story either way.
__________________
Chrisp_Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #1534 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 126
mfleite 50 - 100
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx36 View Post
They couldn't try to make it any less obvious could they?
I knew it was Bischoff right away.

The other problem with this is...(Here comes the kayfabe)

Wouldn't Sting and Hogan recognise his voice as soon as he starts talking?

*Sigh.
Loving this Aces and 8's storyline but the last couple of segments have been taking it too far.

Not looking forward to seeing Bischoff on screen again.
Hope it was just a stand in trick to fool us....even though will all know it was him on that chair no matter what.
I was thinking the same thing too. I wonder why the 'boss' was using a voice changer in the first place and couldn't Sting or Hogan get a glimpse of this guy? It's gotten totally campy with the guy dragging the machete and another prospect will a welding torch. I love how Joseph Parks has survived a week before from getting clocked in the head with a hammer. But hey, I got to give Aces & Eights credit, they have great camera's and their director is fantastic! I'm not expecting much of this angle, been done waaaaay to many times before.
mfleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #1535 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,278
joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfleite View Post
I was thinking the same thing too. I wonder why the 'boss' was using a voice changer in the first place and couldn't Sting or Hogan get a glimpse of this guy? It's gotten totally campy with the guy dragging the machete and another prospect will a welding torch. I love how Joseph Parks has survived a week before from getting clocked in the head with a hammer. But hey, I got to give Aces & Eights credit, they have great camera's and their director is fantastic! I'm not expecting much of this angle, been done waaaaay to many times before.
After getting pepper sprayed in the face + tied to a chair + being in a dark room.
Yes it was totally possible for hogan/sting to get a glimpse of the guy we didn't get a glimpse of with different camera angles.

Yep it's campy that's why I love it, hogan sold this angle well. The camera thing also bothered me it reminded me when HHH attacked orton in his house and they had perfect angles of every scene, kite funny.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #1536 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,824
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfleite View Post
I was thinking the same thing too. I wonder why the 'boss' was using a voice changer in the first place and couldn't Sting or Hogan get a glimpse of this guy? It's gotten totally campy with the guy dragging the machete and another prospect will a welding torch. I love how Joseph Parks has survived a week before from getting clocked in the head with a hammer. But hey, I got to give Aces & Eights credit, they have great camera's and their director is fantastic! I'm not expecting much of this angle, been done waaaaay to many times before.
Maybe they have the 'invisible' camera men that have been used in wrestling for many years? But you're right, it does annoy me, you know what else annoys me? When a wrestlers takes a really boss finisher and doesn't die!

Seriously, man, you are taking the aspects of wrestling out of this. It isn't real life. It's like saying why do wrestlers use chairs and not guns. You have to enjoy it with a pinch of salt because it's just the way it is.

Maybe TNA should have sent Hogan and Sting in with cameras stuck to their heads?
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1537 (permalink)
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
 
Taroostyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuck On This Prison Planet
Posts: 11,778
Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000Taroostyles 30501 - 31000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Really starting to feel like this could possibly be an immortal spinoff. Bully,Abyss/Parks, Jarrett, Bischoff, Garrett, Morgan, etc along with Gallows, Knox, Brisco, and possibly Bradley and Compton.
__________________


Do I really have to say anything?

Sig: Kingcrash
Taroostyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1538 (permalink)
A real SHOOTER
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across The Sea
Posts: 13,188
Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000Ham and Egger 8501 - 9000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

The cameras in the clubhouse was filmed by Aces and Eights. When they took Hogan and Sting they took cameras with them too.
__________________
Ham and Egger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #1539 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 126
mfleite 50 - 100
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
Maybe they have the 'invisible' camera men that have been used in wrestling for many years? But you're right, it does annoy me, you know what else annoys me? When a wrestlers takes a really boss finisher and doesn't die!

Seriously, man, you are taking the aspects of wrestling out of this. It isn't real life. It's like saying why do wrestlers use chairs and not guns. You have to enjoy it with a pinch of salt because it's just the way it is.

Maybe TNA should have sent Hogan and Sting in with cameras stuck to their heads?
I've been watching wrestling since the late 1970s and I know it's 'entertainment' like movies or television shows which gives me the right to criticize any storylines on a wrestling program. Example: Austin Aries journey towards the TNA Heavyweight championship was great. Ace's & Eights.....not so great.
Just Relax........
mfleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1540 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,278
joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000joeisgonnakillyou 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfleite View Post
I've been watching wrestling since the late 1970s and I know it's 'entertainment' like movies or television shows which gives me the right to criticize any storylines on a wrestling program. Example: Austin Aries journey towards the TNA Heavyweight championship was great. Ace's & Eights.....not so great.
Just Relax........
For you, I enjoyed both A8's and AA's road of main event stories but I'm pretty sure some members in here hate aries and like the aces.

I do think they went over the top lately but they are supposed to, it's the BFG -> the season finale of TNA.

Last edited by joeisgonnakillyou : 09-29-2012 at 01:12 PM.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios