What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
WESLEY BROWN
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Geordie Shore House
Posts: 5,850
Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000Shepard 31501 - 50000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreBaker View Post
A Jeff Hardy (not that I'm advocating it) redemption angle seems likely, possibly leading to a bound for glory series win and title victory. If Roode carries the world title all the way (defeating Hardy a couple times, telling him his junkie ass is not worthy of the world title) to Lockdown where he drops it to Storm, I can see him regaining it a couple months later and then putting over Hardy at BFG. 'Redemption completed'.
I'd agree with this, Hardy at least should be the focal point of their next big thing. He's pr obably the biggest asset they have and he has that ability to just get fans behind him, despite him being fucking awful on the mic. Storm should be the one to dethrone Roode though, so I don't see Jeff getting the title for a while. In my ideal world anyway, TNA will probably put the strap on him by the end of the day. So long as he doesn't fuck up Roode/Storm though I'm fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
I'm not really sure, but they can get a lot of time out of Roode/Storm.
This is very true. I don't want them to rush it at all. Keep them apart till Lockdown hopefully, maybe even a lethal lockdown between the two which Storm pins Roode to earn a world title shot which culminates in Roode sneaking win after win till BFG where Storm finally gets the belt back.


Some other random ideas I thought of:

Have Crimson finally win the strap and at the same time build up Gunner as the monster they're going for, with Flair by his side all the time. Finally have Gunner win the belt and with Flair as his mouthpiece have a run as champion. I'm not the biggest Gunner fan but he's definitely improved and I love Flair on the mic.

Bully Ray as a dominant world champion, almost in a similar way as Henry in Smackdown tbh. The promos would be gold and he's been fantastic since going single. Have an up and coming face beat him too as a nice way to get over.

Honestly, all these ideas should take a backseat to Roode/ Storm though as by the time that's over (hopefully a while from now) a lot of the dynamics in the company will have changed so the ideas for feuds and angles will probably be totally different.
__________________

Shepard is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 594
ChrisK 501 - 1000ChrisK 501 - 1000ChrisK 501 - 1000ChrisK 501 - 1000ChrisK 501 - 1000ChrisK 501 - 1000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedr4life View Post
Please no more stable wars, I'm tired of it, I don't want to see another Fortune, Immortal, Frontline, MEM, nothing.

As for a Jeff Hardy redemption angle, I'd actually rather see Jeff win the World title sooner, and be the one defending it at BFG 2012. I'd like to see AJ go heel. It all started with that promo they had a few months ago.



Styles can't take it anymore that the fans forgive, management forgives Hardy and gives him opportunities over and over again, while he has been there for almost 10 years, and gets put on the back burner for Hardy.

I'd have AJ win the BFG series, and immediately cut a promo on Hardy and the fans right there in the ring, and claim that at BFG 2012 he will save TNA.

THIS is the only thing that a) could conceivably be enjoyable and b) could conceivably be booked.

I personally think they need to pull the trigger and begin Storm vs Roode now. This Storm v Angle angle is making me forget how Roode became champion. It's now become Roode v AJ just because and Storm v Angle just because - get back to the point and get Storm v Roode for the title.

But it wont happen like that.
__________________
My Forum List

The Center | http://thecenternetwork.com/forum | We have been around for over 12 years and relaunched April 2012! | We play Mafia | We play Video Games | We watch Sports | We watch Anime | We talk nonsense | + Tournaments, Movies and general Geekery | Come say Hello!!

Wrestling Forum | http://wrestlingforum.com | One of the largest Wrestling forums ever

The Midnight Lounge | A fun forum
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waiting in hope, but it's the hope that kills you
Posts: 3,322
Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

MAHOOSIVE HUGE LARGE 2011-2013 BUMP!!!

Headliner gave me permission to do this, so no bitching please

Let's have a look back at some of the correct predictions and discuss the suprises of the year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKANDRE View Post
After Roode vs Storm has ended (for the time being), where do you think think TNA's product will head towards creatively? No spam or flaming other people's ideas please, try to stay on topic. My predictions:

A Jeff Hardy (not that I'm advocating it) redemption angle seems likely, possibly leading to a bound for glory series win and title victory. If Roode carries the world title all the way (defeating Hardy a couple times, telling him his junkie ass is not worthy of the world title) to Lockdown where he drops it to Storm, I can see him regaining it a couple months later and then putting over Hardy at BFG. 'Redemption completed'.

With so many worked shoot angles being used in todays wrestling industry, I could invision TNA running a TNA 'veterans' vs industry 'legends' angle, guys like AJ, Joe, Shelley and Storm (faces) could become frustrated with their lack of opportunities, targeting the likes of RVD, Bully Ray, Anderson and Hardy (heels, apart from Hardy) who they feel recieve preferential treatment due their past reputations. Instead of the heels being dominant, I'd have the faces running riot (a different twist) every week, causing havoc to gain attention, possibly getting kayfabe fired and illegally infesting the impact zone (even as fans). Hardy could work the sympathiser role (tying into his redemption angle) by trying to call a treaty between both sides, convincing Sting and Dixie to bring them back, leading to Hardy siding with the faces. The angle could run from mid 2011 and conclude during a lethal Lockdown match in the 2012edition of the pay per view.

Those are my wild and most like off target predictions, what are yours?
Seems that I was correct about Hardy winning the BFG series and regaining the TNA world title. If it wasn't for that damn midget Aries I would have been completely correct!!! Also, despite much moaning about not wanting it we got another new stable/power struggle through Aces & Eights. That was definitely predictable.

Moving on to other thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I'd have Roode and Storm facing at Lockdown, where Roode will win through some dirty tactics.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I don't think that you understand that you can't predict anything in pro wrestling.
Certainly incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawKrueger View Post
Crimson's heel turn has to be on the horizon.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
This is very true. I don't want them to rush it at all. Keep them apart till Lockdown hopefully, maybe even a lethal lockdown between the two which Storm pins Roode to earn a world title shot which culminates in Roode sneaking win after win till BFG where Storm finally gets the belt back.

Honestly, all these ideas should take a backseat to Roode/ Storm though as by the time that's over (hopefully a while from now) a lot of the dynamics in the company will have changed so the ideas for feuds and angles will probably be totally different.
Isn't it weird how we all thought that Roode vs Storm would dominate the TNA main event scene in 2012? Truth is that it never really got off the ground. The pay off match at BFG 2012 was good fun but it wasn't really a satisfying end to the rivaly in my opinion, especially when considering the potential that the feud had. Oh well.





There's one thing that I'm guessing none of us could have predicted...Austin Aries' rise to the top.

What were your suprises of 2012 in TNA?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Chingo Bling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,365
Chingo Bling 50 - 100
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

They can do an AJ Styles comeback story. With it ending in him leaving for the WWE or just leaving.

To do it they have to bury him deeper.
__________________
The C.M. Punk interview at 10 p.m. lost 280,000 viewers to a 3.0. Thatís almost unheard of to be losing viewers at the top of the hour.
Chingo Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waiting in hope, but it's the hope that kills you
Posts: 3,322
Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingo Bling View Post
They can do an AJ Styles comeback story. With it ending in him leaving for the WWE or just leaving.

To do it they have to bury him deeper.
Okay, I'd best edit the op otherwise this will keep happening, lol.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 579
Diesel_Power 101 - 250Diesel_Power 101 - 250
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

Whoever predicted James Storm lose at Lockdown in front of his home fans certainly shouldnt be happy about getting that right. Storm's career has been dead since.

I think Storm should turn. Get Fortune back together. As heels. Unlike the last time all 5 came talk, all 5 can work and all 5 have credibility. Lets go back to 3 years ago:

KAZ: The jury was out of Kaz. In fact most thought he didn't deserve to be in the group. His promos were flat, his hair looked very 1989 and his matches were formulaic. Now he's brilliant on the mic, his confidence has brought out memories of why people thought he was destined for stardom in 2007. He's never been better.

Daniels: Was fired in 2010. And to be fair, he wasnt missed. He was completely at a cross roads in his career. He has admitted himself recently his stubbornness has disappeared and he has embraced the fun side of wrestling and it shows in his promos and matches. He's hit a peak in his career. He, like Kaz, has never looked better ever.

Roode: Seems strange now, but nobody rated him on the mic before his heel turn. He's in his prime and never been more credible as a main even level worker.

So thats three people who could easily fit in a top line stable now the other two.

AJ Styles: He's certainly looked better. In 2010/2011 he was playing second fiddle to Flair. In the ring he remains one of the best workers in the game, but his character is very stale. Desperately needs a new edge to his character. Getting back with his old pals in Fortune could be what the character and the person needs. They are all real life friends. Look what it did for Kaz and Daniels to be hanging out together onscreen and off.

James Storm: It would take a level of patience and hard work that I dont believe TNA have to reignite Storm as a babyface. He's proved in the last 18 months he can be a excellent top line worker. He desperately needs a change. Turning him might be the remedy. In 2010 when he was with Fortune, he was just a weaker link in a great tag tag. Now he's capable of so much more.

Also now there is no Flair doing the talking for them. Back when Fortune got together they needed him to do the speaking. None of them need him now. Fortune getting back together could be gold. It could be their version of the Horsemen. A group of guys who can talk and work.

Anything is better than the shitty Aces and 0.8s.
Diesel_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waiting in hope, but it's the hope that kills you
Posts: 3,322
Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000Andre 24501 - 25000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Power View Post
Whoever predicted James Storm lose at Lockdown in front of his home fans certainly shouldnt be happy about getting that right. Storm's career has been dead since.

I think Storm should turn. Get Fortune back together. As heels. Unlike the last time all 5 came talk, all 5 can work and all 5 have credibility. Lets go back to 3 years ago:

KAZ: The jury was out of Kaz. In fact most thought he didn't deserve to be in the group. His promos were flat, his hair looked very 1989 and his matches were formulaic. Now he's brilliant on the mic, his confidence has brought out memories of why people thought he was destined for stardom in 2007. He's never been better.

Daniels: Was fired in 2010. And to be fair, he wasnt missed. He was completely at a cross roads in his career. He has admitted himself recently his stubbornness has disappeared and he has embraced the fun side of wrestling and it shows in his promos and matches. He's hit a peak in his career. He, like Kaz, has never looked better ever.

Roode: Seems strange now, but nobody rated him on the mic before his heel turn. He's in his prime and never been more credible as a main even level worker.

So thats three people who could easily fit in a top line stable now the other two.

AJ Styles: He's certainly looked better. In 2010/2011 he was playing second fiddle to Flair. In the ring he remains one of the best workers in the game, but his character is very stale. Desperately needs a new edge to his character. Getting back with his old pals in Fortune could be what the character and the person needs. They are all real life friends. Look what it did for Kaz and Daniels to be hanging out together onscreen and off.

James Storm: It would take a level of patience and hard work that I dont believe TNA have to reignite Storm as a babyface. He's proved in the last 18 months he can be a excellent top line worker. He desperately needs a change. Turning him might be the remedy. In 2010 when he was with Fortune, he was just a weaker link in a great tag tag. Now he's capable of so much more.

Also now there is no Flair doing the talking for them. Back when Fortune got together they needed him to do the speaking. None of them need him now. Fortune getting back together could be gold. It could be their version of the Horsemen. A group of guys who can talk and work.

Anything is better than the shitty Aces and 0.8s.
I agree that Storm should turn heel. A revelation of him being the secret leader/president of A&8's would have been good...if A&8's hadn't been booked like utter shit so far. If that faction was credible then it might have had enough power to help Storm over his slump.

Pre-2012 I was very sceptical about comments related to Daniels being a main event player/world champion, but his 2012 non in ring work (his in ring work has always been great) has made me completely changed my mind. It's almost as if Daniels has completely embraced the idea that entertainment is more of a factor in a successful career as 'sports entertainer'.

TNA could have a world class main event scene involving Bobby Roode, James Storm, Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, Chris Daniels and AJ Styles. Unfortunately that would rely on TNA being able to consistenly book good programmes and angles. I guess some things never change?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,096
nevereveragainu 101 - 250nevereveragainu 101 - 250
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

another stable no doubt
nevereveragainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,886
virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000virus21 12501 - 13000
Default Re: What do you think will be the next big angle in TNA?

They do an assassination angle with Hogan as the target and they spend all the time trying to find out the mastermind behind it.
__________________
http://p.twimg.com/AcPrrHQCAAE7uig.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle. We have fun and games.
virus21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
waveofthefuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 736
waveofthefuture 0 - 49
Default

The next big angle ummm the gm daughter will run the company
__________________
The ring master was awsome
waveofthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios