Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The CRA1GER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

Question, if you say Meltzer's reports are wrong than why did you start a topic where the information comes from the Observer? Why should I believe that 4,500 people attended the show when you claim that his info is wrong?
The CRA1GER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Braden Walker
 
Kingleviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CRA1GER View Post
Question, if you say Meltzer's reports are wrong than why did you start a topic where the information comes from the Observer? Why should I believe that 4,500 people attended the show when you claim that his info is wrong?
I didn't claim his info was wrong, I claimed that in most cases he gives numbers lower than what they actually are and on the occasions that he doesn't know the numbers he'll throw out the lowest number he thinks he can get away with. A good example is a recent house show that TNA had in which the person sending in the report estimated there to be 3,000 in attendance, the security staff said there were 3,000 in attendance and the arena staff said there were 3,000 in attendance. Meltzer claims there were 2,000 in attendance, the question I have is what do the arena staff (Who would have first hand knowledge of the attendance.) gain from reporting the wrong attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Russo
The highest rated segment I ever did in WWF was "This is your life, Rock". I'll never forget the Internet the next day. I was the Antichrist. It was the worst show they ever saw. The segment did a 8.4. Eight and a half million people watched that show. These people should've been kissing my feet because now eight million people were looking at wrestling. To me that's all that mattered. But you have these little cliqs of Internet people that all they care about is themselves, and what I want, and what I don't like. Well you know what, it's not about you, it's not about me, it's about the masses.
Kingleviathan is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TRDBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corre View Post
I didn't even know they also visit Brussels. I thought they only came to Germany or the UK once a year.
Yup they come to Brussels in January, WWe comes there in November when they do the world tour.
TRDBaron is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

Mike Johnson of PWInsider was actually at the Brooklyn show and he said the attendance was between 4,500 and 5,500. The attendance was down from last year's record-setting U.S. house show attendance but considering that this year the show hardly got any promotion (as opposed to last year when it was being promoted all the time during the baseball games at the stadium) I'd say this attendance is pretty darn good.

And by the way, speaking of Meltzer, a lot of the times his attendance figures are based only on reports sent in by fans (or in some cases a single fan) who attended the show and needless to say not everybody is good at estimating how big the crowd was so you can get some pretty inaccurate attendance figures being reported as fact. My favourite example was for one of the France house shows earlier this year. Some dude sent in a report on Wednesday that the crowd at the show was about 600 and Meltzer published that in the Observer as if it was a fact. On the very next day multiple reports from the show started coming in and they all stated that the attendance was more along the lines of 2,000-2,500. In the next issue of the Observer Meltzer once again reported an attendance number for the show but this time he said it did 2,000. Of course, nowhere did he mention that in last week's issue he had published a BS number and just pretended he didn't make a mistake which I found amusing. Anyways, what I'm saying is when looking at these attendance figures that Meltzer reports always bear in mind that they might be incorrect because of what they're being based on in a lot of cases.

Last edited by pgi86; 07-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
pgi86 is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Humbled
 
superspear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingleviathan View Post
Yet I know so many of Meltzer's mistakes, such as the time that he reported that a TNA House Show in 2008 was attended by 1,200 only to be proven wrong when the official number was released as 2,845. How about when claimed that the Fayetteville Impact taping was attended by 3,000, then when the offical number was released as 3,500 he tried to cover the mistake by reporting that 500 people were papered. I'm still waiting for Meltzer to release the attendance number of the 2/03/11 house show in New Orleans which had multiple reports claiming that 4,000 attended but for some reason Meltzer didn't bother to report what the attendance for that House Show was.

How about Lockdown this year, Meltzer reported a few days after Lockdown that its buyrate looked to be lower than the average for TNA PPV's which he claims is 8,000 - 15,000 buys, he then reported that it was actually 20,000 buys while at the same time he told his friends that the buyrate was 35,000 buys. Strangely the Sacrifice buyrate was reported much faster than the Lockdown buyrate and featured a margin of error which would suggest that the number he used was an early estimate that would be adjusted up later.

You see Meltzer is a con man, he has a good knowledge of wrestling and a lot of contacts that provide him with information, but sometimes they don't and sometimes the information he receives would make him look bad, such as when he receives information that a buyrate was higher than he claimed. Of course like all con men he combines just enough truth with his lies to make people believe that he has all the answers, he doesn't, but he's made people believe that he does and all they have to do to hear his words of wisdom is subscribe.
Wow I put you right on the Sacrifice thing before and you still believe whatever second hand horseshit you find. I really dont know where you find this stuff. Youve accused him of not reporting stuff when he actually did. Mind boggling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pgi86 View Post
M
And by the way, speaking of Meltzer, a lot of the times his attendance figures are based only on reports sent in by fans (or in some cases a single fan) who attended the show and needless to say not everybody is good at estimating how big the crowd was so you can get some pretty inaccurate attendance figures being reported as fact. My favourite example was for one of the France house shows earlier this year. Some dude sent in a report on Wednesday that the crowd at the show was about 600 and Meltzer published that in the Observer as if it was a fact. On the very next day multiple reports from the show started coming in and they all stated that the attendance was more along the lines of 2,000-2,500. In the next issue of the Observer Meltzer once again reported an attendance number for the show but this time he said it did 2,000. Of course, nowhere did he mention that in last week's issue he had published a BS number and just pretended he didn't make a mistake which I found amusing. Anyways, what I'm saying is when looking at these attendance figures that Meltzer reports always bear in mind that they might be incorrect because of what they're being based on in a lot of cases.
Cant find any of this
superspear is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Equilibrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

They should tape IMPACT there the next time they go on the road.

Equilibrium is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Brooklyn TNA House Show Attendance

lol @ TNA house show numbers going back to "normal"

4,500 isn't normal. it's new york.


#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome