Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread
Last year's No Surrender was an awesome PPV.
- Tag Title Match was good for storyline purposes. It set up Angle vs. Sting at BFG, and it got the tag belts off of Angle, so that part of it was good. The match is also short, so it wasn't offensive. It's definately the weakest of Angle's 3 Title defenses though.
- Rhino vs. Storm - This was one of my favorite feuds from last year and this match was their best. I really enjoyed their two previous PPV matches, but this one was definately the best. Great stuff here. Watching this match and the Black Reign/Harris match made me wish Harris & Storm had been added to The Monster's Ball at BFG, but whatever.
- Kaz vs. Roode - This was kind of the sleeper hit of the show. I actually really liked the build up. I mean there was nothing original about it, but its an easy story to get sucked into. These two meshed very well together and it was Kaz' first great match since breaking from Serotonin, so that was nice to see. Roode continued his streak of awesome midcard matches for TNA PPVs in 2007 (I thought his matches with Jarrett, Young, and Kaz were three of the best midcard PPV matches of the year)
- Lethal vs. Angle - This match is the main reason to check this show out. That is mainly because of the ending. The match itself is great. It's probably the best X Division title match of 2007. But the ending was what made it special as Lethal cleanly defeated Kurt Angle. NOBODY expected that, and it was great to see.
- Harris vs. Reign - Well it was better than the Hard Justice match. That aint saying much but whatever. Harris deserved much better than this. He won the match, but you'd never guess it since he just got his ass kicked after it was over and never got revenge. Worst match on the show by far.
- Tag Team Gauntlet - This was fun. Nice and action packed, and it was a good showcase for guys like The Guns & AJ Styles. Having it come down to AJ/Tomko Vs. The Guns was probably the best choice. For a cheap way to cram 20 guys on to the card, this match was actually very entertaining, so no complaints here.
- Joe vs. Christian - I loved the matches these two had. Their match at DX07 is probably my all time favorite World Title match in TNA history. This match was very good and very intense. This was probably my favorite match on the show.
- Angle vs. Abyss - Pretty good main event. Nothing too special, but still pretty good. It was nice to see Abyss not depend on the hardcore stuff for a change, and he was able to do some good stuff with Angle. This match complimented this very action oriented show very nicely.
Overall, No Surrender was simply awesome. It was a show that truly lived up to the name "Total Nonstop Action" as almost every match delivered something really good.
1) Joe vs. Christian
2) Lethal vs. Angle
3) Kaz vs. Roode
4) Storm vs. Rhino
5) Abyss vs. Angle
6) Tag Team Gauntlet
7) Sting/Angle vs. Team Pacman
8) Harris vs. Reign