Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread
Ranking KOTM matches:
1) 2007 - That one was by far the best, probably because it had the best amount of talent suitable for this kind of match (AJ, Angle, Joe, Christian, and Harris did really well too) One thing I really liked about this match was that it seemed to really elevate Harris. Unfortunately nothing came of it, but after a few minutes, he didn't look out of place with that crew at all. Also love that AJ table spot. Only announce table spot in TNA history I think.
2) 2004 - Usually the first one is the best, but it took a few years to top it. I think this match had the best build up to any KOTM match so far. I started out with Harris & Raven competing for a shot at Jarrett, but Harris got injured by Raven, so AJ took his place and took the title. Then AJ proceeded to defend his title against Harris, Raven, & somehow Ron Killings got into teh frey and took the title. So you had champion Ron Killings going up against AJ Styles, who was in line for a title rematch, Chris Harris, who got screwed out of his initial title shot against Jarrett, Raven who had been in the mix of the World title scene for a while, and Jarrett who never got a rematch for the belt. So you had five guys that had legitamate claims to the World Title. No need for qualifying matches this year. And the gimmick was so unique and different at the time that it instantly became a hit with me, so I loved it.
3) 2006 - Very good match, but the main reason I like this one is because of the ending. That was one of the best booked finishes in TNA history, and that great heel response Jarrett got at the end was simply priceless. Great way to cap off what I felt was one of the best PPVs in TNA history.
4) 2008 - Another very good KOTM match. It didn't have the insane spots that some of the previous ones did, but the action was pretty consistant throughout and I really enjoyed it. Roode earned his stripes in this match, and guys like Joe, Booker, Chrisian, & Rhino performed up to their usual standards. Nash also added a bit of guest enforcer. My one major knock on it was the finish which I felt was kind of rushed. Other than that though it was a very fun bout.
5) 2005 - Now don't get me wrong. Just because I put this last doesn't mean its bad. In all honesty, its the only reason to check out Slammiversary 2005 which was a pretty lackluster show overall. Monty Brown was the star of this match IMO as he came up with some cool ways to hit The Pounce, and Abyss, AJ, and Raven did well with the hardcore aspect of things. Waltman actually looked to be in shape in this match and this was the point where he actually started doing some good things for TNA in the ring (he was way out of shape at Lockdown) The only spot I hated in this match was the use of the stapler. It's just a dumb spot because its obviously not loaded (Raven/Abyss the next month being the obvious exception) Pretty good match up, and watching Raven win was cool, but weakest KOTM to date.