- So the big storyline coming into this show was that basically Shane & Kazarian are jealous of AJ's success, so they think he should be kicked out of the x division. AJ says he can beat them both in one night. The stipulation in both of their matches were that if Shane and/or Kazarian won, they'd get X Division Title shots. If AJ won, the losing guy would be kicked out of the X division. Interesting enough. Now onto the opener. Talk about killing some momentum. AJ & Shane were having a really well structured, enjoyable match. Shane was scouting all of AJ's signature stuff and staying on the offensive with high impact moves, and right when AJ starts to make a comeback, he hits the flip dive to the outside and "injures" his knee on the barricade. He hit his leg on it but he was completely protected by boots and pads, yet Tenay sells THE FUCK out of it. You know, he's all like "OH MY GOD! OH GOD..." All the trainers, Jerry Lynn, & Vince Russo come out and check on him, and they award the match to Michael Shane via forfeit. I mean, it's somewhat smart booking and I can understand why they'd do it, but it still ruined the flow big time.
- Sabu & Raven were feuding (I guess?) at the time, idk. They showed a video package for some reason but none of it made sense to me. Raven keeps yelling The Sheik is dead and attacks Sonjay Dutt while Sabu refuses to hit him & just keeps doing his pose. The actual tag match on this show is fun if you turn your brain off and watch the action, cause they should've been DQed about 4 times. Still a couple awesome spots, it's all about Alex fuckin Shelley people.
- 8 man tag had soooooo much potential, but they decided to just have one of those matches where they isolate one guy for a while, then everyone runs in and hits a signature move & does a bunch of dives to the outside. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's definitely a fun match, but it could've been excellent. Double pin for the finish was confusing more than anything, and once again hurt the flow of a match.
- Are you serious? A 10 MAN guitar on a pole match, ridiculous. No reason for you to watch this unless you wanna see 4 guys trying to boost a fat old guy to the top rope while he stands there, shrugs his shoulders, and points up. Best part of the whole thing comes outta nowhere. In the middle of the action, Shamrock goes over to the announcer's table and yells "I should be champ!"
So random. Oh and btw for anyone curious, The Elite Guard comprises of Hernandez, Onyx, & Chad Collyer.
- AJ/Kazarian was (again) a totally fine match but the flow was destroyed by some ridiculous overbooking for the finish. AJ's knee was heavily taped but Kazarian NEVER went after it and I have no idea why. Took ass tons of interference for AJ to actually be pinned.
- Here's the backstory to the main event. The week prior, The Naturals won the tag straps by beating AMW in cheating fashion, then stole their ring gear. So hanging at the top of the ladder was a bag full of AMW's ring gear and a contract for a Tag Title match at next week's ppv. If AMW lost, they'd be out of title contention. Pretty good match, only complaint was that the middle portion was really slow and just kind of 'there.' Couple nice, out of nowhere spots & they managed to make into more of a TLC match, which is always welcome.