Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread - Page 604 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6031 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I think the Xscape match is kinda fun but the rest not so much. Unbreakable/Final Resolution seem the more appealing options, imo.


I really like Cage/Tomko lethal lockdown, tbh. At least I think it's one of the better lethal lockdowns.. I might go see how many of them I can remember and rank them. 2011's one is awesome for FLAIR solely


Also I've got a bit of time free tonight, any reccommendations from 07-09? That feels like the period of tna im most rusty with in terms of matches.
I really should stop holding off on Unbreakable. That damn 3 way is lingering in my mind so much. I HAVE to witness it again.

Yeah, it was really good. I just thought the finish felt too short. Only real complaint I have. I was gonna post my thoughts on every Lethal Lockdown match last night, but I realized I still need to see 2010's & 2012's before I can. Hard to believe 2011 did have the best one since that year was such crap for the majority. Damn that match captured what Lethal Lockdown is about. 100%. Really felt like an original Wargames match to me.

Last 3 PPVs from 2007 are all pretty good to the surprise of how blah the year turned out to be. Genesis 2007 really was the sleeper. SHOP OF HORRORS MATCH (ok, that wasn't good, but it's worth a mention)

Give Hard Justice 2008, Turning Point 2008, Sacrifice 2009, & Slammiversary 2009 a watch too. Those are the shows that come off the top of my head that were good or filled with majority of matches worth seeing. Intergender Monster's Ball from Slammiversary '09 =

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
This match was awesome. Not in the terms of quality (snowflakes), but the entertainment value was HIGH!
Absolutely. Nothing but fun times while watching it.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6032 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:10 PM
La vie est drôle
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

I might give Hard Justice 08 a watch, actually. Did that have Angle/AJ? Or was that Abyss/Angle b/c I remember that being mediocre.


This years Lethal Lockdown sux, really. Crowd struggles to get invested since nobody cares about Garrett. 2010 was Hogan/Flair which was okayish. I have it at **1/2 apparently. iirc there's just not a lot which happens.

Shepard is offline  
post #6033 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Matt_Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: @MATTHARDYBRAND.COM
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Hunting for Bucks with Machine Guns!

Quick Thoughts: These guys managed to put together a strong catalog of matches. Their TV matches were good, the PPV matches were great and for the most part each match delivered in their own way and the feud ender topped off a really good series between these teams in TNA 2010.


Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 1/14/10)- ***
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Destination X | Ultimate X Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 8/26/10)- **1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (No Surrender 2010)- ***3/4-****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Bound For Glory 2010)- ***1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Reaction 11/18/10 | Empty Arena Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Final Resolution 2010 | Full Metal Mayhem Match)- ****1/4



I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND
Matt_Yoda is offline  
post #6034 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I might give Hard Justice 08 a watch, actually. Did that have Angle/AJ? Or was that Abyss/Angle b/c I remember that being mediocre.


This years Lethal Lockdown sux, really. Crowd struggles to get invested since nobody cares about Garrett. 2010 was Hogan/Flair which was okayish. I have it at **1/2 apparently. iirc there's just not a lot which happens.
HJ had Angle/Styles on it. ***1/2. Nothing compared to their very first bout at Slammiversary the same year, imo. I think that might have been the last Angle match I gave **** to.

Well that Lockdown crowd is bad in general. I watched Angle/Hardy & Roode/Storm already so if the two big matches couldn't do anything then I doubt the rest would.

2010's seemed like it could be fun. **1/2 sounds about right. That's where I have the No Surrender '09 & Bound For Glory '10 ones at too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Yoda View Post
Hunting for Bucks with Machine Guns!

Quick Thoughts: These guys managed to put together a strong catalog of matches. Their TV matches were good, the PPV matches were great and for the most part each match delivered in their own way and the feud ender topped off a really good series between these teams in TNA 2010.


Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 1/14/10)- ***
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Destination X | Ultimate X Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 8/26/10)- **1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (No Surrender 2010)- ***3/4-****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Bound For Glory 2010)- ***1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Reaction 11/18/10 | Empty Arena Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Final Resolution 2010 | Full Metal Mayhem Match)- ****1/4
While I do agree with you that those 4 tore it up in most of their matches, (never saw No Surrender yet) I'm amazed you pegged their Bound For Glory match as their weakest on PPV. It was their best, if you ask me. Full Metal Mayhem was TRASH, sadly. Don't know what went wrong in that one.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #6035 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
La vie est drôle
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

I hear AJ/Angle get pimped by people here a bit (although I tend to take their Angle thoughts with a pinch of salt)


I think Angle/Hardy was the peak that the crowd hit that night really. You should check out guns/joe&magnus if you havent though, neat little tag match which I dug.

Shepard is offline  
post #6036 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM
(Come Get It)
 
Miss Kana's Christmas Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,958
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Yoda View Post
Hunting for Bucks with Machine Guns!

Quick Thoughts: These guys managed to put together a strong catalog of matches. Their TV matches were good, the PPV matches were great and for the most part each match delivered in their own way and the feud ender topped off a really good series between these teams in TNA 2010.


Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 1/14/10)- ***
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Destination X | Ultimate X Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Impact 8/26/10)- **1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (No Surrender 2010)- ***3/4-****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Bound For Glory 2010)- ***1/2
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Reaction 11/18/10 | Empty Arena Match)- ****
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Final Resolution 2010 | Full Metal Mayhem Match)- ****1/4
GenMe only won 1 of the 7 matches.

Miss Kana's Christmas Party is offline  
post #6037 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Final Resolution 2010 | Full Metal Mayhem Match)- ****1/4
Honestly, this is one of the worst matches in the history of mankind. DUD as DUD can be. Which is a shame, because their previous matches rocked.
Chismo is offline  
post #6038 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Matt_Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: @MATTHARDYBRAND.COM
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

@HailSabin:
Didn't really think about that til you pointed it out lol; their BFG match wasn't bad it just felt more like a rushed version of their No Surrender match and GenMe barely got any offense in this match compared to the NS match as well. Surprised you (EDIT: or JoeRulz) didn't like the FMM match I really enjoyed it much more now compared to when I first saw it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

@straightedge891:
Yeah, but it was understandable considering MCMG was in the middle of a huge push at the time so they wanted them to stay strong while putting on good matches.



I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND
Matt_Yoda is offline  
post #6039 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I hear AJ/Angle get pimped by people here a bit (although I tend to take their Angle thoughts with a pinch of salt)


I think Angle/Hardy was the peak that the crowd hit that night really. You should check out guns/joe&magnus if you havent though, neat little tag match which I dug.
Exactly. Only Angle match from TNA that I really might put over a lot of people is his second match in the company vs Joe.

Nah, I still have to see it. Heard it was lackluster for who was involved though. I tried to d/l the entire PPV, but the link off of XWT sucked. Now I'm banned for a low ratio so FUCK. (I'll re-join when it is open again...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Yoda View Post
@HailSabin:
Didn't really think about that til you pointed it out lol; their BFG match wasn't bad it just felt more like a rushed version of their No Surrender match and GenMe barely got any offense in this match compared to the NS match as well. Surprised you (EDIT: or JoeRulz) didn't like the FMM match I really enjoyed it much more now compared to when I first saw it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
This is making me want to see the No Surrender match much more now. I'll always love that match from BFG. It ranks as the best opener in the 10 years of the company, imo.

Yep, FMM was just...bad if you ask me. (and Joe) That dead crowd. Those fake, predictable spots. They were much better without the gimmicks. Let them tear it up with their high energy offense. I do like that TNA gave the program a chance to try and shine with a big stipulation such as that.

Oh and MCMG beat Bucks the majority of the time isn't a bad thing. Bucks were only thrust into the match at No Surrender to replace London Calling at the last minute. Then Guns retained in the following rematches. Like Matt_Yoda said, that was the year of their push. Bucks looked good vs Guns in the feud and that's what matters.

Just have to comment on how upset I am that we didn't get Guns vs Nigel & Magnus. Could you imagine how LEGIT that match would have been? Poor Nigel.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #6040 of 7424 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Matt_Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: @MATTHARDYBRAND.COM
Posts: 2,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
This is making me want to see the No Surrender match much more now. I'll always love that match from BFG. It ranks as the best opener in the 10 years of the company, imo.

Yep, FMM was just...bad if you ask me. (and Joe) That dead crowd. Those fake, predictable spots. They were much better without the gimmicks. Let them tear it up with their high energy offense. I do like that TNA gave the program a chance to try and shine with a big stipulation such as that.

Oh and MCMG beat Bucks the majority of the time isn't a bad thing. Bucks were only thrust into the match at No Surrender to replace London Calling at the last minute. Then Guns retained in the following rematches. Like Matt_Yoda said, that was the year of their push. Bucks looked good vs Guns in the feud and that's what matters.

Just have to comment on how upset I am that we didn't get Guns vs Nigel & Magnus. Could you imagine how LEGIT that match would have been? Poor Nigel.
Maybe a stipulation that would've allowed for a more straight wrestling oriented type of match such as a Best of 3 Falls Match or a traditional Street Fight would have been up your (and Joe's) alley as a feud ender stip. However yeah I recommend you check out the NS match I really enjoyed it personally, especially considering the match was made on the fly.

Desmond Wolfe holds the crown of "what could've been" he had a lot of potential to be a star in the promotion if he could've been given the ball to run with.



I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND
Matt_Yoda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome