Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread - Page 31 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
YES! YES! YES!
 
will94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 10,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Picked up Bound for Glory '07 from Best Buy today for $14.99

For those wondering, the bonus features on the DVD are:
- All of the clips of Angle stalking Sting's son from iMPACT!
- BFG preview video of all the guys talking about the importance of BFG, was on TNAWrestling.com and at the end of the Road to Glory special.
- 10 minutes of footage of the wrestlers at the Fan Interaction the day before BFG
- The 5 minute "making of " video for the iMPACT! Video Game
- BFG photo gallery

The easter egg is the "TNA Films" like highlight video of the show, just like all the other PPV DVDs have been. It's accessed by highlighting the "Chapters" choice on the main menu of the DVD, then pressing Up and Enter.

will94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
 
Taroostyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuck On This Prison Planet
Posts: 11,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Over at TNAwrestling.com, they've put up a news feature talking about a Best of 2007 DVD slated for an early 08 release.

It says the match listing will be every match nominated for MOTY over at the website. Therefore the match listing would be:

Sting/Kurt Angle-Bound For Glory
LAX vs XXX-Ultimae X-Bound For Glory
Kurt Angle/Rhino/Christian Cage-Impact
Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle-Ironman Match-Final Resolution
AJ Styles/Rhino-Elevation X-Destination X
Christian Cage/Samoa Joe-Destination X
Chris Harris/Jame Storm-Texas Death Match-Sacrifice
AJ Styles/Kurt Angle/Chris Harris/Christian Cage/Samoa Joe-KOTM Match-Slammiversary
Kurt Angle/Samoa Joe-Hard Justice
Kaz/Christian Cage-Ladder Match-Genesis
Kurt Angle/Jay Lethal-No Surrender
Team 3D/Steiner Brothers-Tables Match-Bound For Glory
Gail Kim/Awesome Kong-Turning Point

Its a must buy IMO but there are some better matches that could have gone in here. The Cage/Joe match from BFG should most definitely be on here. The Angle/Joe match from Hard Justice and Elevation X match are the two I could really most do without.

But since I have slacked on alot of released this year, this would help me as i wouldn't have to buy whole DVD's that aren't great like Destination X and Turning Point.

It says it will be a 2 disc set with some bonus features. This is defintely one I'm looking forward to.
Taroostyles is offline  
post #303 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Jumping Off Roofs
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroostyles View Post
Over at TNAwrestling.com, they've put up a news feature talking about a Best of 2007 DVD slated for an early 08 release.

It says the match listing will be every match nominated for MOTY over at the website. Therefore the match listing would be:

Sting/Kurt Angle-Bound For Glory
LAX vs XXX-Ultimae X-Bound For Glory
Kurt Angle/Rhino/Christian Cage-Impact
Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle-Ironman Match-Final Resolution
AJ Styles/Rhino-Elevation X-Destination X
Christian Cage/Samoa Joe-Destination X
Chris Harris/Jame Storm-Texas Death Match-Sacrifice
AJ Styles/Kurt Angle/Chris Harris/Christian Cage/Samoa Joe-KOTM Match-Slammiversary
Kurt Angle/Samoa Joe-Hard Justice
Kaz/Christian Cage-Ladder Match-Genesis
Kurt Angle/Jay Lethal-No Surrender
Team 3D/Steiner Brothers-Tables Match-Bound For Glory
Gail Kim/Awesome Kong-Turning Point

Its a must buy IMO but there are some better matches that could have gone in here. The Cage/Joe match from BFG should most definitely be on here. The Angle/Joe match from Hard Justice and Elevation X match are the two I could really most do without.

But since I have slacked on alot of released this year, this would help me as i wouldn't have to buy whole DVD's that aren't great like Destination X and Turning Point.

It says it will be a 2 disc set with some bonus features. This is defintely one I'm looking forward to.

Will all those matches be full?? I doubt that they'll put all those good matches on one set. That would kill the sales of the other DVDs when you can get all the best matches in this.
BETTERthanYOU44 is offline  
post #304 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
 
Taroostyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuck On This Prison Planet
Posts: 11,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTERthanYOU44 View Post
Will all those matches be full?? I doubt that they'll put all those good matches on one set. That would kill the sales of the other DVDs when you can get all the best matches in this.
Yeah as far as I know, all the matches will be in full. It says it will be a 2 disc set so I can't really see it being any other way.

I don't really see it hurting any DVD sales except for those of BFG. Since there are 3 BFG matches on here, that could be a problem but I don't think we will see this DVD until February or so.

Most of the other matches are from DVD's that probably won't have strong sales at this point anyway.(Destination X,Hard Justice,Final Resolution,etc.)

Or you have matches like Storm/Harris which is from Sacrifice which is a shoptna.com exclusive and the triple threat from Impact certainly isn't available on any other DVD anyway.

So overall I don't really see this DVD hurting sales of other DVD's cept for just maybe Boudn For Glory but I will still probably buy that anyway and so will alot of other people.
Taroostyles is offline  
post #305 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

TNA has Sacrifice 2006 & Unbreakable 2005 on sale for $7. Big steal since I believe both shows were Show of the Year for their respective years. I shall be buying these later. Perhaps spending $50 and getting free shipping. Anyone else have another DVD suggestion for me? (Note: I probably will pick up the 1st Year DVD if I decide to spend $50)

-Mystery- is offline  
post #306 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned
 
Monster Heel #2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mystery- View Post
TNA has Sacrifice 2006 & Unbreakable 2005 on sale for $7. Big steal since I believe both shows were Show of the Year for their respective years. I shall be buying these later. Perhaps spending $50 and getting free shipping. Anyone else have another DVD suggestion for me? (Note: I probably will pick up the 1st Year DVD if I decide to spend $50)
Fuck those shows, just get AJ Vol. 2 and Joe instead.
Monster Heel #2 is offline  
post #307 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Heel #2 View Post
Fuck those shows, just get AJ Vol. 2 and Joe instead.
I already have the Best of Joe and the Best of Styles Vol. 2 is sold out.

-Mystery- is offline  
post #308 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
 
Taroostyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuck On This Prison Planet
Posts: 11,913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mystery- View Post
TNA has Sacrifice 2006 & Unbreakable 2005 on sale for $7. Big steal since I believe both shows were Show of the Year for their respective years. I shall be buying these later. Perhaps spending $50 and getting free shipping. Anyone else have another DVD suggestion for me? (Note: I probably will pick up the 1st Year DVD if I decide to spend $50)
Turning Point 04(Im not sure if they carry it on the site tho)
Genesis 05
BFG 05
Lockdown 06
Turning Point 06
Turning Point 05
BFG 06
Final Resolution 06


Those are all pretty solid shows IMO.

BTW since there all 20 bucks anyway, if u dont have Sacrifice 07 or BFG 07, you might as well get one of those.

Last edited by Taroostyles; 12-14-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Taroostyles is offline  
post #309 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Main Eventing Gyms
 
bstaple12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

What are the top 3 shows for someone who doesn't watch much TNA?
bstaple12 is offline  
post #310 of 7424 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned
 
Monster Heel #2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstaple12 View Post
What are the top 3 shows for someone who doesn't watch much TNA?
No Surrender 2005
Genesis 2006
Bound For Glory 2007
Monster Heel #2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome