Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business? - Page 8 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Bookockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,315
Bookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
I'm convinced if they went under that fans would insist that the whole thing is a work.

Everything is a work apparently.
But apparently you can never really know anything unless you are there. But if you are there and leave you still don't know anything, but if you are there and speak out you will then be fired which will then mean you know nothing and probably retroactive to what you said when you were there.
You can have a gigantic mountain of bad signs and some people on here will claim shit is a rainbow.
Bookockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Bookockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,315
Bookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more seriousBookockey needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hencheman_21 View Post
I would like you to prove they are actually losing money each year. You say "all this money" so exactly how much are they losing? It is ok to speculate that they are losing money but with out actual numbers that can be verified it is just a guessing game.

I will give you no announcment of Spike resigning is not a good thing. But it might simply be a matter of finishing up the paper work and/or Spike is waiting for the right time for them to announce it. One difference between this time and last is TNA has UTA now. As you and Headliner pointed out, there will be people interested in TNA and that includes putting them on their network as well as buying them. So UTA might actually have another party interested. At the least they might make Spike think that to get a better deal.
I'd love to be in Spike's shoes and call that bluff. They are part of Viacom not some mom and pop shop. Spike holds all the cards and TNA has their hat in their hand. They will probably keep TNA at around the same money they get now surely there will be no big increase which is why TNA is already running lean and is going to be doing so until someone (maybe) starts turning things around.

If Big John and Dixie remain in charge forget about it. TNA needs a booker who has a vision and creative control. This is much more needed than any talent.
Bookockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
THE HEAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 183
THE HEAT is an after thoughtTHE HEAT is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideburnGuru View Post
"hates TNA for no reason".
No, this time? You can actually shut the fuck up, sit down, and listen.

Know why I hate this company? Because it's a fucking waste. I hate the fact it signs talent, but instead of pushing that good talent, it wastes it. WWE sometimes does that, but we still got Shield, Wyatts, etc.

TNA had the fucking nerve to put someone in a "dog house". That person? Was Austin fucking Aries. Out of your whole roster, Austin Aries. One of the more talented guys. Yea- okay. But Mr.Anderson continues to get pushed.

They have no plans it seems like for Bobby Roode, who is AMAZING in the ring and mic, but we get a ton of fucking Bully Ray. Because we all give a shit about Bully Ray. No, especially not after that long ass Aces and Eights snoozefest.

I don't like how they handled the incident with Daffney, who I think is a great performer and I lost ALL respect for them after the Jesse case.

I don't like how they took Taeler Hendrix, did fucking NOTHING with her when her career was actually on a rise then they released her.

I don't like how they didn't do shit with AJ Styles, then couldn't sign him back but could sign fucking Lashley.

I dislike how Carter shoves her irrelevant self into how many boring ass stories.

I hate TNA for multiple fucking reasons. I hate how me and a bunch of friends were lied to, saying how TWO TIMES, the people who are spotted being the loudest/making chants would be able to go backstage at the end. No one did. Luckily, The Pope saw our argument and we got his autograph. That happened twice. We had people arguing for us as well.

I laugh at how pathetic they are that they had to tell people TO GIVE WRESTLERS A REACTION at some point.

I hate TNA for multiple reasons. It wasn't always like this. But it's now become a show just to laugh at. That's why I continuously hope all good talent they sign heads out.

I don't hate it for the reason that I feel a much better pro-wrestling company such as ROH/NJPW deserves it's own section.

I hate them because they're a fucking waste of a company that doesn't do shit.

Maybe you should direct all of your hatred towards the owner(s) & upper level mgmt since they are the ones ultimately controlling the decisions and direction of TNA.

My point is, it is not actually the company itself, the talents, production team, companies blue collar employees or the companies mid level managers that deserve all of this hatred.
They surely don't deserve to be threatened with unemployment for only doing their job as they have been ordered to do by upper level mgmt and the owners.
If taken literally, your suggestions would hurt the lives and careers of a huge amount of innocent people and would hurt their families.

As a fan of the company and seeing the current product compared to the 04 to 08 era, I understand your hatred, but it is directed at to many innocent people when actually the ones causing all the problems at the top should be the only ones to suffer the consequences of your hatred!

Hopefully the current owners will eventually sale the company and we will see a relaunch under a new management team, a new brand name, new talents joining the roster and better wrestling with well written storylines!
__________________
"IMPACT WRESTLING" ON SPIKE TV EVERY "WEDNESDAY NIGHT"!
THE HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #74 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,768
MANTI TEO is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Yeah, it's not like get can get info IN OTHER WAYS than straight from Panda itself.

Like, Meltzer, one of the most trusted and reliable sources in the industry.
Like, LOOKING AT THE BASEBALL FIELD WITH NO MORE THAN 200 PEOPLE THERE.
Like, Ditzy Carter calling TNA "CASH FLOW POSITIVE" rather than "PROFITABLE".

And I could go on, but I know your type. All you'll do is stick your fingers in your ears and stammer around going "NAH NAH NAH, CAN'T HEAR YOU" like some fucking 3-year-old. Piss off.
I don't get this...

first how many people bought Tickets to the baseball field? How much did it cost to rent? TNA could very well be making money off these low turn out events.

Lets say employee cost is $1,000.00,
Advertising $1,000.00
Travel Cost $1,000.00
Venue Fee $1,000.00

All the other costs Talent, Insurance are paid for through the year so adding another show doesn't increase the costs.

Now take the 200 tickets at 25.00 a piece thats 5,000.00. Lets assume they sell $1,000 in merch. Thats $2,000.00
__________________
wiredwrestling.podomatic.com
MANTI TEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,768
MANTI TEO is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertarianAtheist View Post
Ted Turner was a billionaire too, and WCW still went out of business
Ted Turner didn't own WCW when they were sold.
__________________
wiredwrestling.podomatic.com
MANTI TEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 30
YAY0
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Because people like to bash TNA every chance they get. People love to bring up negativity when it comes to TNA and it's gotten to the point where that's all people look for. Just look whenever positive news is reported on TNA on here. You might get four or five posts. The second an even slightly negative piece of news gets out you get 100+ posts about it.

I see no reason to believe that TNA is going out of business anytime soon. A lot of the moves they've been making over the year are not typical moves made by companies getting ready to go out of business. They may be going more conservative with their spending but even big companies like the WWE do that from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
There's nothing to answer. You are typing with your feet and asking me to repeat things. Seriously, read your posts back. Its the musings of someone who is desperate for someone to agree with them. This is a discussion forum. Where people discuss things. Not a forum where you are forced to talk to the online equivelent of a brick wall. You are using Eric Bischoff as source material in the same thread you are asking for "facts". The idea of this is stunning to me. You really cant top that kind of lack of self awareness. And then you resort to name calling. Its hard to retain credibility when you are so picky about what you choose to ignore and then start throwing insults around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
More turnbuckles than fans.
Hmm....based off of this post I think it's you who needs to take your own advice. I agree though, this is a forum for discussion, not a place to throw off topic, trolling insults around like you love to do.

People, if you want to get rid of the Dastooge start reporting his posts. This forum has enough desperate trolls as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Look at the difference though. WWE is a multi-billion dollar international media giant. They cut wrestlers when contracts with companies don't go so well. TNA does it because they simply can't afford them. Big difference.

This is baseless talking. You have absolutely no evidence supporting this claim other than your assumption. That's the problem most of the IWC have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Ya'll will defend TNA to the grave. It's sad. There's nothing wrong with admitting that your favorite company is in bad shape.

[/i][/b]
No it's actually looking at the facts instead of jumping to conclusions without factual evidence besides "what teh dirt sheitz told me".

Last edited by YAY0 : 06-23-2014 at 08:52 PM.
YAY0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 556
DaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY0 View Post
Hmm....based off of this post I think it's you who needs to take your own advice. I agree though, this is a forum for discussion, not a place to throw off topic, trolling insults around like you love to do.

People, if you want to get rid of the Dastooge start reporting his posts. This forum has enough desperate trolls as it is.
Those aren't trolling insults. It was a joke in a ridiculous thread about a 6 sided ring. Who was I insulting? The ring? How can I hurt a wrestling rings feelings? Stop taking things to seriously. Shocking reaction. Every post I've made in this thread is relevant to the thread title. Sorry if you dont agree with it, but its more than relevant to what we are discussing. Unlike what you posted. Funny how you are giving me shit for going off topic when you are bringing a quote from another topic into this thread.
DaStooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
SOR
Searching for a new identity
 
SOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,690
SOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new hereSOR better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Honestly to go in depth with my response:

1. Talent coming out and saying it's a poor working environment. This is huge because if Frankie Kazarian or whoever comes out and says it who can TNA attract talent wise? Nobody good. That's their current issue, guys like AJ, Daniels, Kazarian are telling the truth, indy guys are hearing it and saying "TNA? Nooope"

2. Cutting back of everything money wise in the company. Getting rid of Hulk Hogan, Sting, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian and about 10-15 other people isn't a "restructuring of a company" it's an "oh shit, we're leaking money. Lets get rid of some people"

3. Desperate business tactics. Things like Devon coming back, Dreamer coming back, Matt Hardy coming back, Rhino coming back (All older guys) things like spoiling taping results because you can't sell tickets otherwise, bringing the six sides back because you desperately need that 2-3 weeks of interest in an attempt to save your product. Throw in the random bait and switches that they regularly do and the gimmick matches they always do for no reason and it's desperation.

4. Right now TNA has no long term future. They haven't re-signed a television deal yet and their ratings aren't exactly saying "re-sign us!" are they?

5. People employed with no business being there. Staff wise you have John Gaburick who allegedly never worked creative before but he's there. Bully Ray has his hand in creative when he is a WRESTLER and obviously cares about himself and his buddies first and foremost. You have guys like Crazy Steve, Knux and Bram who should be working at the local rec hall and not on television.

There's a lot of other things but those 5 are the ones that come to mind immediately.
SOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 30
YAY0
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
Those aren't trolling insults. It was a joke in a ridiculous thread about a 6 sided ring. Who was I insulting? The ring? How can I hurt a wrestling rings feelings? Stop taking things to seriously. Shocking reaction. Every post I've made in this thread is relevant to the thread title. Sorry if you dont agree with it, but its more than relevant to what we are discussing. Unlike what you posted. Funny how you are giving me shit for going off topic when you are bringing a quote from another topic into this thread.
Don't play dumb. I've seen enough of your posts.
YAY0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #80 (permalink)
Proud supporter of Pornstache da gawd.
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44,012
Headliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on rep
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hencheman_21 View Post
So you would offer the same or more for a product with likely declining value? We are talking athletes not actors. Their value has pretty much peaked. It can only go down. They are not gonna start being much more valuable. Plus it depends on who signed them originally and if that same person is in charge of that now. You see sport teams get new GMs and they try and unload some high contracts because they are more than the return and thus simply a drain on the organization.
I see absolutely no declining value in THE PHENOMENAL AJ Styles. I see no reason to go in a different direction like TNA said with Chris Daniels and BAD INFLUENCE AKA the most entertaining tag team in all of wrestling at the time. Yeah, stupid ass decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepytennis View Post
Have you ever noticed how a lot of the most obvious trolls / most sweary / most repetitive / most unreasonable posters on this forum are "Premium Members", mods, "administrators" etc.? How does that even work? It's really obvious on this thread.

Anyway, nobody knows anything about TNA's finances because they aren't public. People like to say TNA is going under because it prompts long threads which makes them feel important.
Uh, no. Truth hurts. you and all these TNA marks simply can't take it. It's embarrassing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY0 View Post
Because people like to bash TNA every chance they get. People love to bring up negativity when it comes to TNA and it's gotten to the point where that's all people look for. Just look whenever positive news is reported on TNA on here. You might get four or five posts. The second an even slightly negative piece of news gets out you get 100+ posts about it.

I see no reason to believe that TNA is going out of business anytime soon. A lot of the moves they've been making over the year are not typical moves made by companies getting ready to go out of business. They may be going more conservative with their spending but even big companies like the WWE do that from time to time.





Hmm....based off of this post I think it's you who needs to take your own advice. I agree though, this is a forum for discussion, not a place to throw off topic, trolling insults around like you love to do.

People, if you want to get rid of the Dastooge start reporting his posts. This forum has enough desperate trolls as it is.




This is baseless talking. You have absolutely no evidence supporting this claim other than your assumption. That's the problem most of the IWC have.



No it's actually looking at the facts instead of jumping to conclusions without factual evidence besides "what teh dirt sheitz told me".
HEY YOU'RE RIGHT. TNA CAN AFFORD THESE GUYS. THEY ARE JUST DECIDING TO BE DICKS AND CUT THESE GUYS SALARIES BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY. LETS HURT THE MORAL FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

You going to sit here and act like none of this shit is true because you want to believe in your heart that TNA is doing fine. WHEN THE SAME FUCKING REPORTS BY MULTIPLE CREDIBLE SITES ARE REPORTED EACH YEAR, THERE'S NO TRUTH TO IT BECAUSE THESE GUYS JUST MAKE UP STORIES RIGHT?

Hilarious.
__________________

Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios