Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Scooty Puff Jr Sucks!
 
Scooty Puff Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,394
Scooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missed
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

TNA's had a decade and a fucking half to get on WWE's level, if Dixie or any moron running that company had good business sense then why haven't they gotten past fucking 200 per show? 15 years almost from the supposed number two and they can't draw more than 200 fans? You know why, because fans are sick of their same old, same old bullshit. Whatever chance TNA had was around 2006-2009 and they blew it. TNA is just drifting afloat on the water at this point.
__________________
My Deviant Art, Check it

Scooty Puff Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Spittekauga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The north
Posts: 848
Spittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
Common sense isn't rare in real life you know. Maybe in wrestling, but not in real life.
What? How does wrestling-business relates to having common sense? Shouldn't it be common sense to realise that you don't really know anything about running a business, how much they have spent, earned and how the financial are? Wouldn't it be common sense to atleast realise the fact that you know very little (unless you're part of the company) and the things you know comes from rumors via gossip-papers which amongts the mongoloids is somehow deemed as absolute truth, although it's mostly vague rumors.

__________________
Spittekauga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 556
DaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittekauga View Post
What? How does wrestling-business relates to having common sense? Shouldn't it be common sense to realise that you don't really know anything about running a business, how much they have spent, earned and how the financial are? Wouldn't it be common sense to atleast realise the fact that you know very little (unless you're part of the company) and the things you know comes from rumors via gossip-papers which amongts the mongoloids is somehow deemed as absolute truth, although it's mostly vague rumors.

All I know is that when you have a history of not drawing on the road, spending $700,000 per taping (Dixie's quote) isn't common sense. That's not a vague rumour. That's stone cold fact from a interview with PWTorch. She said the cost, we've seen their house show numbers. Put the two together and its a moronic decision. Spin it how you like, they totally fucked themselves. Also, when you are doing a 1.2 on Thursdays, going head to head with Raw DURING WRESTLEMANIA SEASON after you spunked millions on the likes of Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, RVD and Ric Flair wasn't a very smart decision either. Its hilarious how much people will spin TNA's poor business decisions like nobody knew this before hand. Going on the road, signing Hulk Hogan, hiring Vince Russo and moving to Monday Nights (not forgetting getting sued countless times for not paying medical fees) were horrendous decisions that have cost them in the long run. Decisions that they should never have made. If Dixie fell in a swimming pool full of dicks she'd come out sucking her own thumb.

Also, I'm not saying TNA are going out of business. They have a money mark owner who would rather make his daughter think she isn't a moron than turn a profit. But as far as progression goes, TNA died years ago. This company is a laughing stock.

That picture you posted was funny as fuck to be fair. You'd think at some point in the last 13 years TNA would have gained enough confidence in the wrestling audience for people to not think they were about to die. The fact there are constant rumours about their eventual demise tells you all you need to know about their perception.

Last edited by DaStooge : 06-23-2014 at 02:46 PM.
DaStooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
SBD
Learning to break kayfabe
 
SBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 249
SBD is an after thoughtSBD is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

This topic got old like 5 years ago. If they go out of business then they go out of business. I'm just gonna enjoy the product (as best I can at times) while I can.

But I don't think you can compare them to WCW at all. Completely different situation
__________________
SBD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
creepytennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 281
creepytennis is an after thoughtcreepytennis is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Have you ever noticed how a lot of the most obvious trolls / most sweary / most repetitive / most unreasonable posters on this forum are "Premium Members", mods, "administrators" etc.? How does that even work? It's really obvious on this thread.

Anyway, nobody knows anything about TNA's finances because they aren't public. People like to say TNA is going under because it prompts long threads which makes them feel important.
creepytennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Scooty Puff Jr Sucks!
 
Scooty Puff Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,394
Scooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missed
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Tbf, WCW 2000 or 2001 whatever could be easily compared to TNA, everyone left WCW for WWE during the former, and during the latter they were already in talks to be sold by WWE while still being on the air.
__________________
My Deviant Art, Check it

Scooty Puff Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
SuperSaucySausages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: England
Posts: 807
SuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more seriousSuperSaucySausages needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
Ted Turner's a billionaire too.
Didn't see this was already pointed out
__________________


Check out and subscribe to Insane Championship Wrestling,
The best Indy Fed in The UK! ICWOnline


WWE! Replace Jerry Lawler on Commentary with William Regal!
SuperSaucySausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Scooty Puff Jr Sucks!
 
Scooty Puff Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,394
Scooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missed
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepytennis View Post
Have you ever noticed how a lot of the most obvious trolls / most sweary / most repetitive / most unreasonable posters on this forum are "Premium Members", mods, "administrators" etc.? How does that even work? It's really obvious on this thread.

Anyway, nobody knows anything about TNA's finances because they aren't public. People like to say TNA is going under because it prompts long threads which makes them feel important.
Yup because everyone who discusses why TNA is failing can be generalized.
__________________
My Deviant Art, Check it

Scooty Puff Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Spittekauga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The north
Posts: 848
Spittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more seriousSpittekauga needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
All I know is that when you have a history of not drawing on the road, spending $700,000 per taping (Dixie's quote) isn't common sense. That's not a vague rumour. That's stone cold fact from a interview with PWTorch. She said the cost, we've seen their house show numbers. Put the two together and its a moronic decision. Spin it how you like, they totally fucked themselves. Also, when you are doing a 1.2 on Thursdays, going head to head with Raw DURING WRESTLEMANIA SEASON after you spunked millions on the likes of Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, RVD and Ric Flair wasn't a very smart decision either. Its hilarious how much people will spin TNA's poor business decisions like nobody knew this before hand. Going on the road, signing Hulk Hogan, hiring Vince Russo and moving to Monday Nights (not forgetting getting sued countless times for not paying medical fees) were horrendous decisions that have cost them in the long run. Decisions that they should never have made. If Dixie fell in a swimming pool full of dicks she'd come out sucking her own thumb.

Also, I'm not saying TNA are going out of business. They have a money mark owner who would rather make his daughter think she isn't a moron than turn a profit. But as far as progression goes, TNA died years ago. This company is a laughing stock.

That picture you posted was funny as fuck to be fair. You'd think at some point in the last 13 years TNA would have gained enough confidence in the wrestling audience for people to not think they were about to die. The fact there are constant rumours about their eventual demise tells you all you need to know about their perception.
Okay, so...you say you know exactly every one of those decision to try and progress TNA was wrong (which i'm not disputing since the results didn't equal progress) but how the fuck do you know recent decisions is poor for business? How the fuck do you know certain things like going on the road is poor business? Do you have an alternative to that or are you just out to claim to know it all and afterwards claim that you knew it all along?

Because that's what i've been thinking about when i say your post, you claim to know the business. You know what's good and what's bad and you seem to know it all. That's your perspective, the business one even though you know nothing about numbers, you know nothing about the economy and financial side of the company, since it's confidential. So why prance around with a high tail and claim you know what's wrong and complain about everything they try to make the company grow?

The joke was more about how some (i haven't been around that long but even i have catched up on the trend) seem to wish for the demise of the company. It's wishful thinking, i don't know why but obviously they don't know a lot of what's going on but still wants to make everyone believe they do (and even themselves do think they know it, if i might speculate).

Related audio from Bischoff, starts 0:40 :
__________________
Spittekauga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 556
DaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittekauga View Post
Because that's what i've been thinking about when i say your post, you claim to know the business.
I never claimed to know the business. I never said that at all. You seem to be reading things that arent there. Dodging glaringly obvious bullets like the ones mentioned doesn't need anything more than basic common sense. Your point would be valid if TNA never fucked up royally with those decisions. But they did.

And its pretty sad that Eric Bischoff has that amount of time on his hands. Shows how shit of a job he must have done, to have time in his day to call into mark podcasts. Bischoff turned prematurely grey after all the work he put into WCW. Heyman looked like a 50 year old man in 1998 because he never slept. Vince McMahon rarely gets a full nights sleep. Yet Bischoff is fucking around on some dudes podcast. Typical of this company. They are so balls deep in what people think about them, they dont see the problems in the company itself. Bischoff is a walking excuse, though. TNA just hired everyone who didnt learn from the mistakes they made in the 90s.
DaStooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios