Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 827
Hencheman_21 is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Look at the difference though. WWE is a multi-billion dollar international media giant. They cut wrestlers when contracts with companies don't go so well. TNA does it because they simply can't afford them. Big difference.
That is mostly speculation and an educated guess. It might be right but it is not confirmed. It could have simply been a re-evaluation of what they were paying talent and deciding it was too much so they offered a lower deal that they thought was proper and in line to the talents worth. TNA does it and it is seen as a bad sign. Most other companies do it and it is seen as good business.
__________________
Beat me, if you can. Survive, if I let you!
Hencheman_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Proud supporter of Pornstache da gawd.
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44,011
Headliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on rep
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA4LyFE View Post
WRONG....

Plenty of Pro Sports team do this all the time and they're not hurting for cash.

They sign a guy to a big deal then when its time to resign they offer him less because they realize he wasn't worth the price. What you don't understand is if you pay a guy like Chris Daniels $300,000 per year and he wants $400,000. Everyone in TNA will want a 25% raise and all the guys on his level (upper midcard) will want a similar deal.

Also when was TNA actually up for sale? I don't remember Panda making an announcement. Also what did the rumors do to TNA? This isn't a publicly traded company so there is no need to kill potential sale rumors. The sale rumors probably help TNA more then anything.
WRONG. The only positive out of cutting down someone's salary is the hope that you're bringing in a megastar that's going to drive TNA business. Otherwise cutting someone's money MEANS YOU CAN'T PAY THEM. You're totally foolish if you think everyone in TNA would want raises. If anything they just want to be paid the same amount as their previous contract. When that's not happening, that gives a serious red light to the wrestler.


So you really going to ignore all the reports of TNA's financial problems that they had for years? Shitty house show attendance, shitty PPV revenue, cutting staff, not paying staff on time, etc. If they were in better condition, they wouldn't be making these constant cuts. WHATS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

Panda not making an announcement means jack shit. Most companies don't make official announcements until they have strong interest from buyers and deals have strong possibilities of being completed. On top of that, they most likely wanted to cover up their financial problems to the staff in order to keep them in place. ONCE AGAIN ALL THE REPORTS ARE WRONG AGAIN. THOSE DAMN DIRT SHEETS.


Ya'll will defend TNA to the grave. It's sad. There's nothing wrong with admitting that your favorite company is in bad shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA4LyFE View Post
Who said TNA can't afford them. Not one of us on this board is privy to TNA's financial dealings.

If TNA is in such bad shape why did Jeff Jarrett want to buy them?
Are you serious right now? Every company that's in bad shape has potential buyers. The bad companies get sold off and the new ownership implements changes to rebuild the company. Do you know anything about business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hencheman_21 View Post
That is mostly speculation and an educated guess. It might be right but it is not confirmed. It could have simply been a re-evaluation of what they were paying talent and deciding it was too much so they offered a lower deal that they thought was proper and in line to the talents worth. TNA does it and it is seen as a bad sign. Most other companies do it and it is seen as good business.
YES LETS OFFER LESS MONEY TO OUR TOP TALENTS BECAUSE SUDDENLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS THEY'RE NOT WORTH IT. Think about how that sound? SUDDENLY offering less money or cutting them completely means they can't afford them.
__________________

Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 827
Hencheman_21 is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
YES LETS OFFER LESS MONEY TO OUR TOP TALENTS BECAUSE SUDDENLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS THEY'RE NOT WORTH IT. Think about how that sound? SUDDENLY offering less money or cutting them completely means they can't afford them.
So you would offer the same or more for a product with likely declining value? We are talking athletes not actors. Their value has pretty much peaked. It can only go down. They are not gonna start being much more valuable. Plus it depends on who signed them originally and if that same person is in charge of that now. You see sport teams get new GMs and they try and unload some high contracts because they are more than the return and thus simply a drain on the organization.
__________________
Beat me, if you can. Survive, if I let you!
Hencheman_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 556
DaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

The answer to the OP's question is when you see a company drawing 200 fans to their events and they still havent re-signed with their TV provider a few months before the deal expires, those are massive alarm bells. I remember 2 years ago everyone bitched and moaned because TNA didnt sign with Spike until March. Its almost July. When are we going to here some positive news? People can spin it all they want but TNA are in the shit. They cant keep losing all this money each year. Its got so much wrong with it from a perception stand point, its hard to see them ever digging themselves out of it. The brand is beyond repair. I'll get accused of trolling, but unless someone can prove me otherwise, its all true.

For the record, I see TNA being sold before it goes out of business. In one form or another it'll be around. If TNA lose TV someone will buy it and try and kick start it again.
DaStooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 827
Hencheman_21 is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStooge View Post
The answer to the OP's question is when you see a company drawing 200 fans to their events and they still havent re-signed with their TV provider a few months before the deal expires, those are massive alarm bells. I remember 2 years ago everyone bitched and moaned because TNA didnt sign with Spike until March. Its almost July. When are we going to here some positive news? People can spin it all they want but TNA are in the shit. They cant keep losing all this money each year. Its got so much wrong with it from a perception stand point, its hard to see them ever digging themselves out of it. The brand is beyond repair. I'll get accused of trolling, but unless someone can prove me otherwise, its all true.

For the record, I see TNA being sold before it goes out of business. In one form or another it'll be around. If TNA lose TV someone will buy it and try and kick start it again.
I would like you to prove they are actually losing money each year. You say "all this money" so exactly how much are they losing? It is ok to speculate that they are losing money but with out actual numbers that can be verified it is just a guessing game.

I will give you no announcment of Spike resigning is not a good thing. But it might simply be a matter of finishing up the paper work and/or Spike is waiting for the right time for them to announce it. One difference between this time and last is TNA has UTA now. As you and Headliner pointed out, there will be people interested in TNA and that includes putting them on their network as well as buying them. So UTA might actually have another party interested. At the least they might make Spike think that to get a better deal.
__________________
Beat me, if you can. Survive, if I let you!
Hencheman_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Cliffy Byro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My government has lied to me before haven't they?!
Posts: 10,074
Cliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth reading
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

I'm convinced if they went under that fans would insist that the whole thing is a work.

Everything is a work apparently.
Cliffy Byro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Scooty Puff Jr Sucks!
 
Scooty Puff Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,447
Scooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missedScooty Puff Jr probably won't be missed
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Are people forgetting TNA couldn't even secure the Impact Zone? TNA didn't choose to go back on the road, THEY WERE FUCKING FORCED TO! If that's not a red flag, then holy hell people.
__________________
My Deviant Art, Check it

Scooty Puff Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 827
Hencheman_21 is an after thought
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
I'm convinced if they went under that fans would insist that the whole thing is a work.

Everything is a work apparently.
And if they turn things around Vince bought TNA, right.

I do see GWF might take them over because TNA is rarely orginal and a "close and reopen" angle would be a copy of CHIKARA.
__________________
Beat me, if you can. Survive, if I let you!
Hencheman_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 556
DaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more seriousDaStooge needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hencheman_21 View Post
I would like you to prove they are actually losing money each year. You say "all this money" so exactly how much are they losing? It is ok to speculate that they are losing money but with out actual numbers that can be verified it is just a guessing game.
Because Dixie said it costs up to $700,000 for each taping outside of Universal and they did so poorly they went back to Universal. That to me says they lost their ass. Added to the fact their PPV model was so poor they ended up doing only 4 per year. Added to the fact they are drawing nobody on the road. Those house shows have made themselves a total laughing stock. Also, they let to many people off the pirate ship who knew where the bodies were buried. AJ, Kaz, Daniels, Konnan, Kevin Nash, Ron Killings, Sean Waltman, Scott Hall, Bruce Prichard, Hulk Hogan, Jerry Jarrett, Dutch Mantell, Tommy Dreamer (and they hired him back) is there a single person who leaves TNA who actually has a good word to say about them? Its off putting to genuine talent. Do you honestly see Ricochet or Johnny Gargano or Adam Cole going to TNA? They are shit scared they'll end up like Chris Harris or something. There only revenue stream is their TV deal. There's nothing coming through in terms of PPV or ticket sales. Merchandise is a laughing stock (the Jakks Toys deal died a death and there is no video game licensing on the horizon). This isn't made up. This is all factual. Where are they making money? If they were making money, they wouldn't have gotten rid of all those wrestlers. Its just common sense.

Its a shame, but TNA rolled the dice going on the road. And the fact they went back to Universal tells you all you need to know. And the sad thing is, they fucked that sweet deal because someone else had Studio 21.

Last edited by DaStooge : 06-23-2014 at 01:13 PM.
DaStooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Cliffy Byro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My government has lied to me before haven't they?!
Posts: 10,074
Cliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth readingCliffy Byro has posts worth reading
Default Re: Why does everyone Assume TNA is going out of business?

I don't get the Vince bit.

Also, *GFW
Cliffy Byro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios