It's time for wrestlingforum to put on its thinking caps and be constructive. I'm sure there are some people out there that are going to hate anything the company does and immediately claim, "there was no build" and "put the title on Jeff Hardy now" and "put the belt on Roode now." Let it sink in for a moment that Bobby Lashley really should be champion for a while (maybe up until Lockdown next year?). The company needs him to be champion because they need a heel, they need to put this group over, they need the viewer to be able to say exactly who the show is about (for the first time since 2012), and they don't need to squander the significance of Lashley being one of only a handful of black world champions in the history of pro wrestling. With the exception of Mark Henry, the last significant black wrestler to become champion in a major televised promotion was Booker T in WCW (the Rock had already been champion prior to that on Raw). If TNA sticks with Lashley for a while, and it will take a while, they can potentially expand their audience beyond "the demo" and recoup some of the viewers they may have lost when Bischoff and ..... burned Pope (the guy that was supposed to be in Lashley's spot 4 years ago).
So being constructive, what would your long term plan be for the group and who would you build Lashley up to put over in the end?
1. Name the group. I'm leaning toward The Black Jaguars or "something" (Full?) Metal Black.
2. King Mo joins the group and tags with Kenny King as the Knockout Kings.
3. Address the unity of the group and how TNA has been a good-ole-boy show.
4. Keep the belt on Lashley until the UK tapings. Build him as the first dominant heel since... Christian?
5. Interject "the network" into the power plot to basically shut it down with a representative that only appears off camera and who takes control as a neutral/corporate authority which is driven by money instead of fantasies about being world champion.
6. MVP retains his status as an investor and still acts as the brain and voice of the faction.
7. MVP introduces an American Championship after Destination X to drive the narrative forward (instead of whatever sex tape shenanigan they have planned to try and shock people this summer).
8. Create shirts with a black Jaguar mouth.
9. Austin Aries would be my choice as the guy that goes over Lashley and carries the company in 2015. It's just time for the company to put the belt on the all-action-main-attraction for a solid run to see if he can move the needle. They put the belt on him for a hot minute in 2012 and looking back, as Monday morning quarterback, he should have been the one to take the belt from Jeff in 2013 (and we should have never had to endure A&E, the hammer of doom, the wedding from hell, and Bully Ray calling .... ..... "dad").