WWE Fantasy League - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Survivor
 
FoxSteiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central Europe
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Sounds like WFF, and that was a total failure. You should probably ensure that the people who sign up are active.
Exactly. Had that already last Year, for about 5 months if I remember well. Over 100+ people where joining in, but not all were active. It didn't get a own sub-forum (and I don't think why you should get it), got stuck in the words section, people lost interest and that's it. People will join, loose interest and bye-bye.

You can try, but don't be sad if it's not working.

FoxSteiner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
liberty_JAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxSteiner View Post
Exactly. Had that already last Year, for about 5 months if I remember well. Over 100+ people where joining in, but not all were active. It didn't get a own sub-forum (and I don't think why you should get it), got stuck in the words section, people lost interest and that's it. People will join, loose interest and bye-bye.

You can try, but don't be sad if it's not working.
Who tried to run one? Cuz I tried it two years ago, only got four people to sign up. Never even had one show, and pretty much said, "Screw this."

I won't be sad if it doesn't work. And I won't be letting 100 people join. Probably 60 max, and then run two shows.

For now, though, I'm gonna set the max at 32 and run one show. That should create a sense of scarcity and increase the value of being involved - which will hopefully eliminate people joining and not fully participating.

Can anyone link me to the old fed? Or tell me the name of it so I can search for it? I'd like to see how it was being ran and study why it failed. I'd also like to find the list of players so I can PM the more active ones. Thank you.

The GOAT - William Regal


Join WF's Official WWE Fantasy League TODAY! Click HERE
liberty_JAC is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Sign me up. I played fantacy football before so I know how to work it..

5 points - Win
4 points - Win via. DQ or Pinfall
3 points - Draw or No contest.
0 points - Lose
James Curran is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
chrispepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Yep sounds good, sign me up.
chrispepper is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Survivor
 
FoxSteiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central Europe
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: WWE Fantasy League

The old one was the WFF "Westling Forum Federation" but all the old Threads are gone. The guy who was running it changed his user name, I don't know what his name is now... -ANDY- was his old nick.
Anyway, good luck and I hope it works out!! I would join, but I'm just too busy ATM, maybe in the future

FoxSteiner is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
liberty_JAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxSteiner View Post
The old one was the WFF "Westling Forum Federation" but all the old Threads are gone. The guy who was running it changed his user name, I don't know what his name is now... -ANDY- was his old nick.
Anyway, good luck and I hope it works out!! I would join, but I'm just too busy ATM, maybe in the future
How funny, my name is Andrew. lol

Thanks for the good luck wish. I'm sure it will be fine. I will restrict the number of people who can enter to encourage participation. I'm surprised the other one got that big if it was just in the Word Games forum. I don't need 100 to make it fun. In fact, it will be better with a restricted roster, because then I can announce tournaments/contests to let new people fight for a roster spot hehehehe

The GOAT - William Regal


Join WF's Official WWE Fantasy League TODAY! Click HERE
liberty_JAC is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty_JAC View Post
How funny, my name is Andrew. lol

Thanks for the good luck wish. I'm sure it will be fine. I will restrict the number of people who can enter to encourage participation. I'm surprised the other one got that big if it was just in the Word Games forum. I don't need 100 to make it fun. In fact, it will be better with a restricted roster, because then I can announce tournaments/contests to let new people fight for a roster spot hehehehe
Cool. So like an NXT? LOlZ.
James Curran is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
liberty_JAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: WWE Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Curran View Post
Cool. So like an NXT? LOlZ.
Haha kind of. I've actually got a couple different ideas that I'll implement if we do indeed fill up the roster. An "NXT" type idea is one of them!

I'm making some final touches to the fed. Will post it quite shortly.

The GOAT - William Regal


Join WF's Official WWE Fantasy League TODAY! Click HERE
liberty_JAC is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
liberty_JAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: WWE Fantasy League

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/games-...eague-pwa.html

Alright, folks. Good luck to you. Thanks for joining. If you have any questions, you may post them here or there. I will keep checking both threads until things get completely settled.

The GOAT - William Regal


Join WF's Official WWE Fantasy League TODAY! Click HERE
liberty_JAC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome