Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum? - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Iriquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Deadpool's Attic
Posts: 890
Points: 597
       
Question Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

I as an anime fan wanted to suggest if we could have an anime sub forum in the entertainment section. I suggest this because the anime thread is cluttered with a lot of different anime discussions which complicate talking with others about specific animes.
example: I talk about one piece and then another poster talks about naruto and then a third talks about tokyo mew mew and so one and so forth.

Iriquiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Formerly known as RAVEN
 
Raylan Givens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Harlan County, Kentucky
Posts: 9,645
Points: 3,145
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

If you want separate threads for separate animes/manga, an anime forum would be the best choice.




TEAM C.A.T (Cesaro and Tyson)

ROLLINS | PAIGE | LESNAR | BRYAN | AMBROSE
ZAYN | BLISS | OWENS | BANKS | CROWE
OKADA | SHIBATA | TANAHASHI | ISHII | IBUSHI

Raylan Givens is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:59 AM
STAR Labs STAR
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 47,309
Points: 15,630
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

Probably not. Then we would have to give a sub-forum for every active sticky in that section.

Headliner is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Proud #NewBlack
 
Sheamus_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23,541
Points: 2,751
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

I see what you're getting at. I think the discussions are running quite smoothly in there tbh.

You could probably just make a thread on a specific show if you want. There was a DBZ thread not too long ago that got some good amount of attention. You would probably have to title it properly too like "thread contains spoilers from the book/manga" or whatever. Because in the discussion thread we all just use spoiler tags just in case. I think the only problem would be that it may get lost, and any new people would just go straight to the discussion thread to talk about whatever not knowing there may be a thread on it already.

So, I don't know, it could work/come in handy, or may not be needed, I'm not sure.


Last edited by Sheamus_ROCKS; 07-17-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Sheamus_ROCKS is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Darkness is here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: in the world of darkness
Posts: 6,732
Points: 2,470
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

I support it, whenever I go into that anime thread my brain gets confused.

~~~LC SWAN IS THE BEST!~~~
Darkness is here is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 AM
VISIONARY
 
OXITRON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,316
Points: 3,458
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

I'd say the anime thread falls under the borderline banner of awkwardness - not worthy of its own subsection but too buy/cluttered for just one thread.

Is there any possibility of splitting it into two or three threads based on the anime style, or country it's made in,or something like that?

>> r e g a r d i n g w r e s t l i n g <<
a wrestling blog by yours truly

OXITRON is online now  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Formerly known as RAVEN
 
Raylan Givens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Harlan County, Kentucky
Posts: 9,645
Points: 3,145
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

I thought all animes are made in Japan




TEAM C.A.T (Cesaro and Tyson)

ROLLINS | PAIGE | LESNAR | BRYAN | AMBROSE
ZAYN | BLISS | OWENS | BANKS | CROWE
OKADA | SHIBATA | TANAHASHI | ISHII | IBUSHI

Raylan Givens is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Proud #NewBlack
 
Sheamus_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23,541
Points: 2,751
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness is here View Post
I support it, whenever I go into that anime thread my brain gets confused.
Yeah, it's basically people discussing the major animes like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, and then sometimes newz topics will be discussed, and people suggesting/asking for suggestions, and all that. I can see a Anime section organizing all this tbh.

"Naruto anime/manga discussion thread (all manga discussions must use spoiler tags)"

Something like that.

Then again, like Liner said, the comic book thread would need organizing too. I don't think those other stickies need their own section thou, because the below general entertainment threads cover them imo.

Sheamus_ROCKS is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 12:36 PM
.........................
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,300
Points: 230
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Probably not. Then we would have to give a sub-forum for every active sticky in that section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
I see what you're getting at. I think the discussions are running quite smoothly in there tbh.

You could probably just make a thread on a specific show if you want. There was a DBZ thread not too long ago that got some good amount of attention. You would probably have to title it properly too like "thread contains spoilers from the book/manga" or whatever. Because in the discussion thread we all just use spoiler tags just in case. I think the only problem would be that it may get lost, and any new people would just go straight to the discussion thread to talk about whatever not knowing there may be a thread on it already.

So, I don't know, it could work/come in handy, or may not be needed, I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
Yeah, it's basically people discussing the major animes like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, and then sometimes newz topics will be discussed, and people suggesting/asking for suggestions, and all that. I can see a Anime section organizing all this tbh.

"Naruto anime/manga discussion thread (all manga discussions must use spoiler tags)"

Something like that.

Then again, like Liner said, the comic book thread would need organizing too. I don't think those other stickies need their own section thou, because the below general entertainment threads cover them imo.
Whether they need them per-say or no it would set a precedent that would have to be dealt with. For now I see it like a virtual con, fans of different shows keeping conversation all while yelling over each other because their fandom is superior, kinda makes me nostalgic in a way. The superiority argument isn't necessarily this case here but I hope you get my point.

KN Community Support
Administrator is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 PM
VISIONARY
 
OXITRON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,316
Points: 3,458
                     
Re: Can I suggest having an anime sub-forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN View Post
I thought all animes are made in Japan
I don't watch much but I always thought a couple of the well known ones were primarily American, I guess I'm wrong.

>> r e g a r d i n g w r e s t l i n g <<
a wrestling blog by yours truly

OXITRON is online now  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome