MMA Discussion Thread - Page 64 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who is more attractive?

Ronda Rousey 40 40.82%
Meisha Tate 58 59.18%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #631 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,011
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
All this talk of Silva vs Jon Jones, but I'd rather see Silva vs GSP to be honest.
So would I actually
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #632 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TexasTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 826
TexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
All this talk of Silva vs Jon Jones, but I'd rather see Silva vs GSP to be honest.
Same here, if GSP wins his return fight they should set up GSP vs Silva.
__________________


Props to JamesCurtis24 for the awesome sig
TexasTornado is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #633 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,265
Ray probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missed
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Yes it is his fault. Just because his opponents can't defend a double leg, or sweep doesn't justify the fact that he has boring fights. People pay $60 dollars for PPV, to be entertained. When they don't get that, that's a problem,

And yes that is pitter patter. They rarely TKO people with their GNP, That's not power punches.
Oh please. Put yourself in his shoes. He's fighting to be at the top and stay in the UFC, and if it means grinding out decisions and getting that win bonus, then so be it. I'm sure Fitch gives fuck all about the fans as long as he wins and get's that 100 grand.

If you pay $60 to be entertained, then your retarded. MMA is not like Professional Wrestling where you expect everything to be perfect and expect to be entertained because it's staged. MMA is purely a gamble when it comes to PPV's. You might get awesome fights, or you might get crappy ones. If your paying $60 EXPECTING to be entertained, then your buying the wrong PPV, because UFC might have an off day that night, or a great night. You have the wrong mindset if your paying money and thinking for sure that you'll be entertained.

Also, Fitch/Silva was fucking amazing. One of the best grappling MMA fights I've seen. Right up there with MacDonald/Maia.
__________________

Credit: GOATviaDQ

Last edited by Ray : 10-14-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Ray is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #634 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TexasTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 826
TexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more seriousTexasTornado needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
All this talk of Silva vs Jon Jones, but I'd rather see Silva vs GSP to be honest.
Same here, if GSP wins his return fight they should set up GSP vs Silva.
__________________


Props to JamesCurtis24 for the awesome sig
TexasTornado is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #635 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,011
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jones View Post
Oh please. Put yourself in his shoes. He's fighting to be at the top and stay in the UFC, and if it means grinding out decisions and getting that win bonus, then so be it. I'm sure Fitch gives fuck all about the fans as long as he wins and get's that 100 grand.

If you pay $60 to be entertained, then your retarded. MMA is not like Professional Wrestling where you expect everything to be perfect and expect to be entertained because it's staged. MMA is purely a gamble when it comes to PPV's. You might get awesome fights, or you might get crappy ones. If your paying $60 EXPECTING to be entertained, then your buying the wrong PPV, because UFC might have an off day that night, or a great night. You have the wrong mindset if your paying money and thinking for sure that you'll be entertained.

Also, Fitch/Silva was fucking amazing. One of the best grappling MMA fights I've seen. Right up there with MacDonald/Maia.
Yes but when Fitch does it every time, it's no longer a gamble, especially when a fighter, can finish the fight.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:

Last edited by Combat Analyst : 10-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #636 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,265
Ray probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missedRay probably won't be missed
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Yes but when Fitch does it every time, it's no longer a gamble, especially when a fighter, can finish the fight.
Then don't buy it if you don't like Fitch's style. Simple as that. You have no right to complain about Fitch's style if you voluntarily paid for a PPV with his fight on it, knowing you'll get a crappy fight.

He's not going to change his style even if he sees an opening. That opening he takes might guarantee victory, or it might fuck him over as well. He's fine doing what he does, and that's rolling to a 30-27 victory. Whatever works for him.
__________________

Credit: GOATviaDQ
Ray is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #637 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,011
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jones View Post
Then don't buy it if you don't like Fitch's style. Simple as that. You have no right to complain about Fitch's style if you voluntarily paid for a PPV with his fight on it, knowing you'll get a crappy fight.

He's not going to change his style even if he sees an opening. That opening he takes might guarantee victory, or it might fuck him over as well. He's fine doing what he does, and that's rolling to a 30-27 victory. Whatever works for him.
Well it won't work him for him when no one pays for a card that he's on.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #638 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: It's a ruse
Posts: 18,226
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
GSP is just as good a wrestler as Sonnen, If he takes down Anderson, he will have way better submission defense. Jones/Silva would easily just be Jones taking down Silva and pounding him. The fight would almost end the same as Jones-Machida.

And how do you blame the fighters for not fighting back against Fitch, Just because they don't fight back, still doesn't mean he shouldn't finish the fight instead of grinding it out.
GSP is an excellent wrestler, but Sonnen is better. Not only is he better but he is far bigger than GSP. GSP can dirty bulk to get to 185 with some extra muscle but that will affect his speed, cardio, agility, and his ability to shoot in for a takedown. Not to mention he hasn't even fought once since shredding his ACL. Condit has the best chance that anyone will get of beating GSP. He will be fairly tentative on that leg, so he shoot leg kick the shit out of his other leg. Not much fun if you're hesitant on one leg and limping on the other.

Jones hasn't fought anyone with a decent guard. He hasn't fought anyone thats a real threat off their back. Even if he takes down Silva, he could very easily get caught in a submisison. Fuck, even Belfort almost did it to him. Not to mention that Silva is a better striker than Jones. He is quicker, has better movement and won't be easy to hit. It would be a far closer fight than GSP/Silva, they both have ways of getting the win. GSP is a bit limited in that regard as a) doesn't have the power to stop Anderson, b) isn't an elite striker and c) will find it hard to take Silva down. GSP is an outstanding fighter, but Silva is just that bit better.

Of course you could make the fight at a catchweight, but who knows how much weight Silva can drop as he already cuts to make 185.

As far as Fitch goes, MMA is a sport. If you're playing football and the opposition can't stop the running game then you will keep ...hing the ball until they can stop you. Its essentially the same thing here, you have to be able to fight your way out of any position. Learn to either fight off your back or learn how to sweep and get on top. I would like Fitch to finish more fights, and to do more damage but it is as much on the bloke he's fighting. If you knew that you could double your pay by exploiting a weakness in someone's game then obviously you're going to do it. As i said, i can respect the effort it takes to control someone on the ground like that. It is far different from a wall and stall strategy which is annoying as hell.
__________________

Rush is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #639 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,601
Stinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friends
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel View Post
Never understood the Fitch hate. What's the ultimate objective of a fight? To do as much damage to your opponent without taking any yourself. Fitch is a master at that, it's not his fault he's an amazing wrestler and his opponents can't defend a double leg or learn how to sweep. I've also never understood the "pitter patter" argument normally thrown at wrestlers, punches from full guard from someone like Fitch or Chael probably aren't going to knock people out, they probably aren't going to cut them either and will cause minimal bruising, but you can sure as hell bet that they're hurting the opponent whether the guy can "take a punch" or not.

More power to the guy I say.
Fitch wouldn't be bad if he could finish a fight.He went 8 fights,7 of them wins and they were all decisions where he'd lay on the guy and never attempt to win teh fight within 3 rounds.He's a great grappler of course but he's boring because he doesn't try to win he tries not to lose. His ko loss was excited...because we didn't have to watch 3 rounds of pure grindfest.The guy has so much talent but wont do anything with it, thats why its hard to fully respect the guy. If he could just finish more often , people wont complain.
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #640 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,011
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...h View Post
GSP is an excellent wrestler, but Sonnen is better. Not only is he better but he is far bigger than GSP. GSP can dirty bulk to get to 185 with some extra muscle but that will affect his speed, cardio, agility, and his ability to shoot in for a takedown. Not to mention he hasn't even fought once since shredding his ACL. Condit has the best chance that anyone will get of beating GSP. He will be fairly tentative on that leg, so he shoot leg kick the shit out of his other leg. Not much fun if you're hesitant on one leg and limping on the other.

Jones hasn't fought anyone with a decent guard. He hasn't fought anyone thats a real threat off their back. Even if he takes down Silva, he could very easily get caught in a submisison. Fuck, even Belfort almost did it to him. Not to mention that Silva is a better striker than Jones. He is quicker, has better movement and won't be easy to hit. It would be a far closer fight than GSP/Silva, they both have ways of getting the win. GSP is a bit limited in that regard as a) doesn't have the power to stop Anderson, b) isn't an elite striker and c) will find it hard to take Silva down. GSP is an outstanding fighter, but Silva is just that bit better.

Of course you could make the fight at a catchweight, but who knows how much weight Silva can drop as he already cuts to make 185.

As far as Fitch goes, MMA is a sport. If you're playing football and the opposition can't stop the running game then you will keep ...hing the ball until they can stop you. Its essentially the same thing here, you have to be able to fight your way out of any position. Learn to either fight off your back or learn how to sweep and get on top. I would like Fitch to finish more fights, and to do more damage but it is as much on the bloke he's fighting. If you knew that you could double your pay by exploiting a weakness in someone's game then obviously you're going to do it. As i said, i can respect the effort it takes to control someone on the ground like that. It is far different from a wall and stall strategy which is annoying as hell.
If GSP is an excellent wrestler though, wouldn't that be enough to take Anderson down?

Jones may've not fought anyone with a decent guard but survivng that armbar, and submitting 2 black belts, shows he's not someone to trifle with on the ground. Besides, Jones top control might be too much for Anderson to even get a submission.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios