Top 10 NBA players of all time - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 8,975
Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

1: Magic
2: Jordan
3: Russell
4: Wilt
5: Kareem
6: Shaq
7: Duncan
8: Kobe
9: Moses Malone (get the fuck OUT OF HERE with Karl)
10: Olajuwan

Oscar Robertson is overrated as fuck. Only ever won riding Kareem's coattails, and was a god damn bitter team cancer. Maybe it was a result of the racial tensions he had to put up with growing up, plenty to read about on that on line, but I cannot include him in the top 10. I can't include Bird in the top 10, broke down too fast, as opposed to Magic who was forced out of the league. Magic gets the nob over MJ for his versatility.
Hoopy Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #52 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez 101 - 250Chillez 101 - 250
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
What a fucking horrible rebuttal. Either pick points of disagreement or GTFO. I was entirely open to putting Thomas ahead of Malone, but you were too busy reading no Kobe and having a bitchfit I bet.

Kobe isn't top 10. He's not above Shaq. Deal with it.
Your all-time list is the shits with zero stats or evidence to back it up. Kobe is top 10 on everyone's list even his biggest haters and doubters. Lay off the hate.
__________________
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #53 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,671
Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
Your all-time list is the shits with zero stats or evidence to back it up. Kobe is top 10 on everyone's list even his biggest haters and doubters. Lay off the hate.
My post was apparently too big and intimidating for you; it had plenty of evidence. So much for "no evidence" No, Kobe is NOT on everyone's top 10 list. Guy above us here didn't list him either, as did others.

Did you post a list? Who do you have ahead of Kobe? You probably have him ahead of Shaq, don't you?
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #54 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
BruiserKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,803
BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
Bill Russell below Karl Malone and no Larry Bird?


Russell was great, but he had a much better supporting cast throughout the course of his career than Karl Malone did. "The Mailman" had John Stockton, but that was it for most of his career, not to mention he is 2nd on the all-time scoring list.

If I was to expand to a top 12...Bird and LeBron would both be there. Kobe, Bird, and LeBron for me could go anywhere from 10-12. If the last few years of Bird's career were played healthy, I'd easily have put him in the top 10.
__________________


The original heel commentators
BruiserKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #55 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,034
Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500
Default

But Russell's teammates were so good because he made everyone around him better. He was the ultimate team player.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Notorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 8,975
Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000Hoopy Frood 11501 - 12000
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

If you can win back to back titles at fucking the university of San Francisco, and then win 13 titles in a row, including some as a player coach, you're more than special. Hell, Russell even retired early when he first thought he was slipping, unlike Shaw, Hakeem, and Moses who stuck around so long they embarrassed their legacies.
Hoopy Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #57 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez 101 - 250Chillez 101 - 250
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
My post was apparently too big and intimidating for you; it had plenty of evidence. So much for "no evidence" No, Kobe is NOT on everyone's top 10 list. Guy above us here didn't list him either, as did others.

Did you post a list? Who do you have ahead of Kobe? You probably have him ahead of Shaq, don't you?
I posted this thread dip shit. Good god how old are you? I'm starting to wounder about you're reading comprehension. Every list I saw of him had Kobe in top 10 all-time other than yours you might want go back and read this thread again.
__________________

Last edited by Chillez : 03-09-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
#Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 5,656
#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500#Mark 5001 - 5500
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

1.Jordan
2.Magic
3.KAJ
4.Russell
5.Bird
6.Wilt
7.Duncan
8.Shaq
9.Kobe
10.Hakeem
#Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,671
Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500Freeloader 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
I posted this thread dip shit. Good god how old are you? I'm starting to wounder about you're reading comprehension. Every list I saw of him had Kobe in top 10 all-time other than yours
Post #3 - No Kobe top 10
Post #17 - No Kobe top 10

Who's reading comprehension sucks? Fool.


Quote:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4. Bill Russell
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Larry Bird
7. Wilt Chamberlain
8. Shaquille O'neal
9. Tim Duncan
10. Hakeem Olajuwon
Kobe is not higher than Shaq. Shaq carrying Kobe to 3 finals and Shaq winning the MVP every single time makes Kobe his bitch, end of story. Kobe over Bird is funny. Kobe over Wilt is fucking hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillez
Your all-time list is the shits with zero stats or evidence to back it up
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...in-crunch-time

"However, don't confuse Bryant's domination of the ball with Jackson's endorsement of the plan. In the same book, Jackson tells of his annoyance at Bryant's ball-hogging in crunch time. In one instance, he describes drawing up a play with multiple options, in crunch time of a 2004 playoff series against Houston. Bryant destroyed all the options; instead of setting a baseline screen for Shaquille O'Neal he ran straight to the ball. "With the twenty-four-second clock winding down," writes Jackson, "Kobe forced a long jumper, a horrible shot in the game's most critical possession. The ball did not reach the rim..."



Fucking MIKE BIBBY is ahead of Kobe Bryant. Kobe's about as clutch as asking a a guy on a job interview who the picture of the cunt is on his desk is at landing you a job. He scores a lot of points. He won two NBA Championships as the best player on his team. Those early Laker titles - "Big Shot Bob" AKA Robert Horry was the one saving the Lakers, not fucking Kobe. Game 4 - Western conference finals looming, about to go down 3-1 to Sacramento - Big Shot Bob had to bail Kobe's ass out after he missed a layup. A layup.



Kobe is a good player, and he is not top 10 of all time. I could stop here, but while I'm using you as my personal pinata, let's look at another reference, since you claim I provided no evidence.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2...fs-4th-quarter
A Statistical Analysis Of Clutch NBA Shooters Since 2000

Some key phrases:

"Of the 15 players listed, Kobe Bryant's shooting percentage (40%) was below average."

"Kobe's percentage (41%) was slightly below average and LeBron had the best percentage (47%)."

LeBron ranked ahead of Kobe in 7 of the 8 samples, including all three playoff samples."



Are these selective pulls from the article? Yeap, but feel free to read the article in it's entirety.

I basically just stood on your chest and ripped large chunks of flesh out of your body while you flailed around making shrill like shrikes. Next time you try to get all huffy and be a bigshot up here, you should probably make sure it isn't against someone who is light years ahead of you and can completely bury you at their leisure. Have fun dragging your carcass back home, Cletus.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Zen
F*ck With Me, You Know I Got It.
 
Zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Estádio do Maracană
Posts: 18,493
Zen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whore
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
But Russell's teammates were so good because he made everyone around him better. He was the ultimate team player.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Greatest winner of all time. Maybe equal with MJ
__________________
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios