Top 10 NBA players of all time - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez is an after thoughtChillez is an after thought
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorBeeRad™ View Post
1 Jordan
2 Jabbar
3 Wilt
4 Magic
5 Bird
6 West
7 Russell
8 Shaq
9 Kobe
10 Duncan
How do you have Jerry West above Russell, Shaq, Kobe ,and Duncan? I love Jerry West but he has no business being in top 10. But for sure top 15 all-time. I feel West is 3rd best SG in NBA history behind MJ and Kobe.
__________________

Last edited by Chillez : 03-03-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
I'm Star Lord, man.
 
BOOGIE COUSINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Traveled the World and the Seven Seas.
Posts: 15,963
BOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

mj
Magic
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Bird
Kobe
Tim Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
__________________

San francisco 49ers- San Francisco Giants-Sacramento Kings
BOOGIE COUSINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
...
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 27,512
MrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
Who do you have for you're top 10 NBA players of all-time. Curious and interested to see everyone's list.

Mine:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Magic Johnson
4. Bill Russell
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Larry Bird
7. Wilt Chamberlain
8. Shaquille O'neal
9. Tim Duncan
10. Hakeem Olajuwon
Why is Chamberlain so low?
__________________
MrMister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez is an after thoughtChillez is an after thought
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
Why is Chamberlain so low?
He played in a Era where players would put up monster numbers and he never was able to lead the team to a championship he needed to go to L.A to have a chance and even so he was already pass his prime if I stand correct. His horrendous game 6 and passive game 7 in '68 while his team choked away a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Division Finals, his 11.7 ppg in the 1969 finals and just 8 points with a chance to clinch after averaging 20.5 in the regular season really hurt his career for me.

And while his final numbers(save for scoring efficiency) in the '66 series vs Boston look good, the team was in a 3-1 hole and Wilt had a monster game 5 when they lost, but it was too little, too late. He had only averaged 23.5 ppg on 48.5% shooting in the first 4 games. Granted his teammates played terribly as well, but Wilt didn't set the tone with his leadership, he was skipping practices so that has to be taken into consideration as well.

And in '62, most recaps suggest Russell outplayed him in that close 7 game series.

Really, his numbers aren't so mindblowing when put into perspective that they make up for the lack of championships and the underwhelming playoff performances. Now his rebounding was consistently excellent, but the 20+ rpg numbers are misleading because other guys were averaging that as well due to stars playing more minutes back then and there being so many more possessions available.

And in his 50 ppg season, he took 40 shots and 17 free throws per game which shows you how different the era was and why the stats must be put into perspective. And in the playoffs that year, he dropped to 35 ppg on 47% shooting with a TS% of 51% and 29 shots per game.


Wilt Chamberlain in my opinion is the hardest player in which to put his abilities and accomplishments in perspective. His stats are insane. He was probably the most dominant player ever besides MJ. The competition during is era wasn't physically able to compete with him so it is hard to measure his actual skill level. He under-acheived in the post season which wrecked his claim on the title G.O.A.T. to most people. The fact that a player that dominant wasn't able to translate that into championships in a league with that few teams begs the questions. Why?

With Wilt there are more questions than answers. Point blank he never had postseason success the other guys I have ranked above him on GOAT list for good reason. Only 2 championships and (1) FMVP aren't enough.
__________________

Last edited by Chillez : 03-03-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,500
cablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Steve Nash in the top 10 maybe? In addition to all his accomplishments he is also one of the best 3 point shooters of all time.
__________________
WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,672
Freeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missedFreeloader probably won't be missed
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

1 - Michael Jordan
2 - Magic Johnson
3 - Larry Bird
4 - Wilt Chamberlin
5 - Bill Russell
6 - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
7 - Hakeem Olajuwon
8 - Tim Duncan
9 - Shaquille O'Neil
10 - Karl Malone

Possible "just missed" candidates

Isaiah Thomas
Oscar Robinson
Julius Erving
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Charles Barkley

My list is open to some possible changes. First off - MJ at #1 is not a real surprise. I think the earlier post about Magic not being in Michael's league is a complete joke since he took the Lakers to the finals to play MJ without Kareem, carried them at times when Kareem was either out of the game, or older. Magic was the true catalyst of the Showtime Lakers, especially their back to back titles - not Kareem. Larry Legend, like Magic, truly was great at most aspects of the game and made his teammates better. Had his back not gone out and the Celtics stayed healthy as long as they did, they had a real chance to win one more in 1990-91 when Jordan was his first. They were rolling that year, like it was 86 all over again. Bird and Magic had good players on their teams, but they also made those good players into a good team, and damn near every person on those squads said as much. Their place in history, is completely warranted, and remains the best rivalry in NBA History
The Lakers and Celtics prevented each other from completely dominating the 80's, and the Celtics had the Sixers and Pistons at the front and back end of those decades to also contend with as well. That same Piston team that kept Jordan from advancing to the finals - yeah the Celtics had to deal with that team too. They were legit robbed against the Lakers in 88 and should have threepeat, and came close to the finals in 87 too. These two small factors kept Thomas from possibly winning 3 or even 4 in a row, thus why I say he's a viable top 10 player ever.

Chamberlin and Russell are fairly "no explanation" needed players. Their competition was far less talented than what current players face, but that isn't their fault. Russell just straight up won, and was a rebounding machine. Chamberlin was the most dominant force in the NBA ever, as far as stats go. Didn't win as many titles, but he did have some bad teams.

I place Kareem below both of them. Chamberlin, in his later years, actually outplayed Kareem in his prime. Kareem's records are well known, and a long career will earn those honors. I place him below the above people, but I can't fathom going any lower, it would be absurd.

The last four players are all big men. Hakeem really shined when Jordan took 2 years off, and he showed himself finally of being better than the eras two other dominant big men - David Robinson and Patrick Ewing. Hakeem at his peak was really making people look silly. I've said this before and will again - Had Jordan continued to play basketball, I still think the Rockets would of won the title in 94. It was just their time.

Tim Duncan - All he's done is score, rebound, and win championships. If there is a 7 game series I would love to see, it would be the Spurs best championship team, again the 86 Celtics (best Celtics team [maybe best period] of all time).

Shaq I have 9th, and while he won more title than some of the above players, he was prone to being hacked, send to the line, and that was a huge weakness. Still, he won 4 titles, and he (not Kobe) was the finals MVP all three times they won the championship. His dominance is why I am strongly hesitant to list Kobe at all; Kobe kinda did, get carried to 3 finals. And to be entirely fair - The Kings were straight up robbed in 02 and should of gone to the finals. Lakers should not of 3 peat.

Last slot is open to argument, but I am going to give Karl Malone a nod. Was very consistent, scored and rebounded well, made two finals appearances. Of all the teams Jordan played, the Jazz were the closest to beating the Bulls in the finals. Had they peaked a year later, they would of won it all after Jordan retired.

I opted for Malone over Barkley. Oscar Robinson is without question a guy you could argue on this list, and I'd be open to that. Dr J was good, but I just think he barely misses top 10.

The last two - Kobe and Lebron, I say this: Kobe has one of the weakest clutch shot percentages of anyone on the list (maybe the lowest) and as stated, he rode Shaq to three finals. Yes he won two titles, I give him credit for that. I could see him at 10th, but I really wouldn't go any higher. He certainly isn't above Shaq, not a fucking chance.

Last, we have Lebron. I didn't rank him, as his career is far from over. I will say this: at his current pace... (and I'm going to get flak for this no doubt) I think he really might have a chance at 6 titles. I think if he continues at this pace, he will end up ahead of Magic and Bird on the list. I'm not sure he'll pass MJ, but the fact Michael insists on putting Kobe ahead of Lebron, tells me that Jordan feels even a little bit threatened. That just helps solidify my thoughts on Lebron.

Plus the guy scored a lot of respect from me when he told fans to stop booing the Big 3 v2 last year and gestured them to clap as Paul, Kg and Ray came off the court. He is FAR more likeable than Kobe.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeddon View Post
Steve Nash in the top 10 maybe? In addition to all his accomplishments he is also one of the best 3 point shooters of all time.
.................no

1. GOAT
2. Russell
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. West
8. Shaq
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

11. Kobe
12. KG
13. Karl Malone
14. Moses
15. Oscar
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!

Last edited by Ether : 03-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon_Vs_Icon View Post
Magic only won when Kareem was there, hes nowhere near Jordans level

Real top 10

1- Jordan
2- Kobe
3- LeBron

Idk how i would rank the rest since guys like Larry and Magic had stacked teams when they won
"Stacked teams"?

Jordan had one of the greatest all around players of all time as his wingman for all 6 of his rings (even though Pippens production slipped off the last 3 rings, esp in 98), the GOAT coach, and plenty of other pieces (Rodman, Grant, etc)

Kobe had the most dominant player of all time for his first 3 rings and was the #2 in all of those wins, he also choked away a potential 4th while Shaq was shitting on Ben Wallace the entire series. In 09/10, he again had a fantastic supporting cast.

LeBron lost a series to an inferior team his second trip mainly due to his play, Wade was putting up something stupid like 35-5-5 until game 6, and he would have won FMVP. And the Miami Heat of 11-12 were obviously stacked, LeBron played the best basketball of his career during the playoffs (excluding the 09 series vs Orlando), and had the supporting cast step up in multiple games (Battier, Chalmers, Miller)

Nobody won a finals without a "stacked team" besides Hakeem in 94 and Duncan in 2003
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez is an after thoughtChillez is an after thought
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

lol at Kobe being outside the top 10 with almost all franchise Laker records. Tied with Magic and Kareem for most championships. He was top 10 back in 2009. Time to lay off the haterade.
__________________
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Austin is the GOAT
 
Chillez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Chillez is an after thoughtChillez is an after thought
Default Re: Top 10 NBA players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
1 - Michael Jordan
2 - Magic Johnson
3 - Larry Bird
4 - Wilt Chamberlin
5 - Bill Russell
6 - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
7 - Hakeem Olajuwon
8 - Tim Duncan
9 - Shaquille O'Neil
10 - Karl Malone

Possible "just missed" candidates

Isaiah Thomas
Oscar Robinson
Julius Erving
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Charles Barkley

My list is open to some possible changes. First off - MJ at #1 is not a real surprise. I think the earlier post about Magic not being in Michael's league is a complete joke since he took the Lakers to the finals to play MJ without Kareem, carried them at times when Kareem was either out of the game, or older. Magic was the true catalyst of the Showtime Lakers, especially their back to back titles - not Kareem. Larry Legend, like Magic, truly was great at most aspects of the game and made his teammates better. Had his back not gone out and the Celtics stayed healthy as long as they did, they had a real chance to win one more in 1990-91 when Jordan was his first. They were rolling that year, like it was 86 all over again. Bird and Magic had good players on their teams, but they also made those good players into a good team, and damn near every person on those squads said as much. Their place in history, is completely warranted, and remains the best rivalry in NBA History
The Lakers and Celtics prevented each other from completely dominating the 80's, and the Celtics had the Sixers and Pistons at the front and back end of those decades to also contend with as well. That same Piston team that kept Jordan from advancing to the finals - yeah the Celtics had to deal with that team too. They were legit robbed against the Lakers in 88 and should have threepeat, and came close to the finals in 87 too. These two small factors kept Thomas from possibly winning 3 or even 4 in a row, thus why I say he's a viable top 10 player ever.

Chamberlin and Russell are fairly "no explanation" needed players. Their competition was far less talented than what current players face, but that isn't their fault. Russell just straight up won, and was a rebounding machine. Chamberlin was the most dominant force in the NBA ever, as far as stats go. Didn't win as many titles, but he did have some bad teams.

I place Kareem below both of them. Chamberlin, in his later years, actually outplayed Kareem in his prime. Kareem's records are well known, and a long career will earn those honors. I place him below the above people, but I can't fathom going any lower, it would be absurd.

The last four players are all big men. Hakeem really shined when Jordan took 2 years off, and he showed himself finally of being better than the eras two other dominant big men - David Robinson and Patrick Ewing. Hakeem at his peak was really making people look silly. I've said this before and will again - Had Jordan continued to play basketball, I still think the Rockets would of won the title in 94. It was just their time.

Tim Duncan - All he's done is score, rebound, and win championships. If there is a 7 game series I would love to see, it would be the Spurs best championship team, again the 86 Celtics (best Celtics team [maybe best period] of all time).

Shaq I have 9th, and while he won more title than some of the above players, he was prone to being hacked, send to the line, and that was a huge weakness. Still, he won 4 titles, and he (not Kobe) was the finals MVP all three times they won the championship. His dominance is why I am strongly hesitant to list Kobe at all; Kobe kinda did, get carried to 3 finals. And to be entirely fair - The Kings were straight up robbed in 02 and should of gone to the finals. Lakers should not of 3 peat.

Last slot is open to argument, but I am going to give Karl Malone a nod. Was very consistent, scored and rebounded well, made two finals appearances. Of all the teams Jordan played, the Jazz were the closest to beating the Bulls in the finals. Had they peaked a year later, they would of won it all after Jordan retired.

I opted for Malone over Barkley. Oscar Robinson is without question a guy you could argue on this list, and I'd be open to that. Dr J was good, but I just think he barely misses top 10.

The last two - Kobe and Lebron, I say this: Kobe has one of the weakest clutch shot percentages of anyone on the list (maybe the lowest) and as stated, he rode Shaq to three finals. Yes he won two titles, I give him credit for that. I could see him at 10th, but I really wouldn't go any higher. He certainly isn't above Shaq, not a fucking chance.

Last, we have Lebron. I didn't rank him, as his career is far from over. I will say this: at his current pace... (and I'm going to get flak for this no doubt) I think he really might have a chance at 6 titles. I think if he continues at this pace, he will end up ahead of Magic and Bird on the list. I'm not sure he'll pass MJ, but the fact Michael insists on putting Kobe ahead of Lebron, tells me that Jordan feels even a little bit threatened. That just helps solidify my thoughts on Lebron.

Plus the guy scored a lot of respect from me when he told fans to stop booing the Big 3 v2 last year and gestured them to clap as Paul, Kg and Ray came off the court. He is FAR more likeable than Kobe.
This post has some much fail I don't know where to start. Karl Malone in top 10 without one championship is a joke. 1st) Karl Malone was a postseason choker and came up small time and time again in postseason. He never really had good postseason in his entire career better than other top 10 GOAT players.
__________________

Last edited by Chillez : 03-04-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Chillez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios